2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Don't think that they pass on quarterback

Possible. Paxton lynch played only 4 games, he could deserve another year. And a FA like Bradford with a short term deal. And so Nelson who is the best OL of that draft. A line Bolles-Nelson-Paradis would be a very nice start to protect their QB.

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, they went back to showing the vids for free too. They had tried a couple of different models; I'm assuming that they were trying to stay afloat, but looking like it's not going to work. I think a good chunk of people watch most of the prospects on there, so definitely a crappy blow to amateur scouters. 

Didn't they just mostly link youtube videos?! What kind of business model did they think they had?!

Someone else will come up with a video aggregator to centralize all the draft-related stuff. Footballsfuture should overhaul their front page and draft prospect section and do just that. It's right in their niche.

14 hours ago, Psychlone said:

Loving the Garry Moore Sig. One of my favorite guitar players of all time. Parisienne Walkways, Walking by myself, etc...  Watching him play, I feel like chucking my guitar and try finding a new hobby.

Yes indeed.

GM is amazing, and truly my favorite. Wish he was still with us, and still putting out albums.. but I feel grateful to have all of his best on hand every weekend. Songs like Still Got The Blues, The Prophet, Separate Ways, I Had a Dream, Just Can't You Go,  One Day,  Trouble Aint Far Behind, More Than You'll Ever Know, and so many more... feed my soul. 

winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

54 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Want the next Bowman/Willis combo? Easy, just draft Roquan Smith to pair with Foster. He should be available at #9 or #10. 

Yep. I brought him up a couple of times earlier. Dude is a beast. I don't know what kind of priority that is for the staff, that's the only hesitation, but that kid is legit. Can flat out play. 

Just now, Forge said:

Yep. I brought him up a couple of times earlier. Dude is a beast. I don't know what kind of priority that is for the staff, that's the only hesitation, but that kid is legit. Can flat out play. 

Both Smith/Foster could play in space and you could drop them in coverage. And in the run game, both are absolute animals. We would instantly have the best LB duo in the league and could build our defense around those two. Obviously we will eventually need a pass rusher from the edge, but who at #10 will be there? Possibly Key? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Both Smith/Foster could play in space and you could drop them in coverage. And in the run game, both are absolute animals. We would instantly have the best LB duo in the league and could build our defense around those two. Obviously we will eventually need a pass rusher from the edge, but who at #10 will be there? Possibly Key? 

If Davenport has a big senior bowl week, his name is going to come up. I don't think Landry is worth that selection - I see him more as a second round guy, so those are the only two that I think could be there. Maybe Clelin Ferrell? I suppose it depends on if he declares. I think eh's only a redshirt sophomore and I don't think that he's announced yet. 

Smith should at least be in consideration, as should Ward / Jackson for the secondary. If we are really high on the receivers, I suppose that they are options there, but I don't love any of them as top 10 prospect types. Anything on the offensive line could make sense - Nelson, for obvious reasons. I could see McGlinchey starting at guard. 

If we do want Roquan Smith, then we have to pick before the Raiders, because there is no way they pass up on him right? They got a lot of backlash for passing up on Foster, and even though Bowman was damn good for them, they badly need better LB play. Smith/Bowman would be a good start along with Conley to getting that defense back to respectability. 

Time to watch Ferrell and Fitzpatrick. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If we do want Roquan Smith, then we have to pick before the Raiders, because there is no way they pass up on him right? They got a lot of backlash for passing up on Foster, and even though Bowman was damn good for them, they badly need better LB play. Smith/Bowman would be a good start along with Conley to getting that defense back to respectability. 

Time to watch Ferrell and Fitzpatrick. 

It depends...the Raiders could really, really use some defensive line help. If they resign Bowman, they could view linebacker as somethign that they can fix later in the draft and still get a solid day one starter (look at Blake Martinez in green bay), or they can add another vet on a one year deal (Karlos Dansby?) as a bandaid if they really want to help out the defensive line. They need some interior help. 

Archived