2018 Draft Thread I

Forge

4 hours ago, rudyZ said:

At least you were on Chark before the hype started! And I was on the bandwagon with you before the hype! We're winners here, oldman!

Yeah, baby! WE gonna ride this one all the way to the 2nd rd pick!

Just wait till I get YOU on board for Derrius Guice in rd 1. 

It. Will. Happen. 

200.webp#65-grid1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

Will could be upgraded, but I agree that we are content with Smith heading into the season. It's not a priority for the team, I have to believe.

Nice to see you out and about again, sherm 

Thanks. I usually pick up my post count here around draft time. 

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

Yeah, baby! WE gonna ride this one all the way to the 2nd rd pick!

It. Will. Happen. 

200.webp#65-grid1

I like Guice, I don't need to be sold on the talent. I'm just convinced a Shanahan will ever pick a RB in the first round, or would ever need to. I think we'll fix some other position with our first rounder.

5 hours ago, rudyZ said:

At least you were on Chark before the hype started! And I was on the bandwagon with you before the hype! We're winners here, oldman!

Or we could draft Jmon Moore who has a similar skill set to Chark a round or 2 later. 

6 hours ago, oldman9er said:

I would love Guice, I just dont want him at 10 and I have no reason to believe that he will be around with the second round pick that we have.  Best case scenario is we trade back with Buffalo and pick up Guice there - he is a special kind of monster.

5 hours ago, burlow said:

I would love Guice, I just dont want him at 10 and I have no reason to believe that he will be around with the second round pick that we have.  Best case scenario is we trade back with Buffalo and pick up Guice there - he is a special kind of monster.

Yeah, I'd like to be greedy... trade back for more picks, and then select him. He's worth the 10th pick on talent though, and overall, I just want him to be a 49er. :) 

I actually like Wynn more so than Hernandez, though I will say, if we think that Hernandez is a fit for the line, then there's no way we don't think Nelson would be (which is a concern I could understand given where the strengths lie). 

So seems like Edmunds is becoming a popular pick in a lot of the mock drafts for us. The last three years we have taken the consensus guy mocked to us.....But that is usually AFTER the combine and a few weeks before the draft. Though I don't think many would complain if we take Smith or Edmunds in the first round. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I actually like Wynn more so than Hernandez, though I will say, if we think that Hernandez is a fit for the line, then there's no way we don't think Nelson would be (which is a concern I could understand given where the strengths lie). 

Me too. Dude is going to be great in a zone scheme. I didn't get to watch too many senior bowl practices but the ones I did Wynn seemed like the best player out there.

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So seems like Edmunds is becoming a popular pick in a lot of the mock drafts for us. The last three years we have taken the consensus guy mocked to us.....But that is usually AFTER the combine and a few weeks before the draft. Though I don't think many would complain if we take Smith or Edmunds in the first round. 

SAM makes much more sense than a WILL if you look at the holes in our roster but if we plan on having our SAM as a 2 down player is it worth it? Also I'm not sure if Leighton Vander Esch or Derwin James aren't better than those two you mentioned. 

Archived