Rapaport: Expect Bears to retain Eberflus as head coach in 2024

G08

5 hours ago, SLCbear said:

What I do not like about the press conference is that Poles and Flus do not have a clear plan at OC, they want to feel it out and get the right this and that and hope to have these exploratory talks during interviews blah blah blah

WHY DON't THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHO AND WHAT THEY WANT IN AN OC ??! This bothered me aLOT 😡 

I think they have a list of wants and then have to find who is available for those wants. Some guys might be in the playoffs that they want to interview (QB coaches going to OC) or seeing who is available from staffs that are being cleaned out. If they try to commit to one right now and they get lured back or outbid by someone then they are on their a**es without a back up plan. 

All in all, the only thing that matters is putting up points. IDGAF if that means Kmet is doing 15 TE Sneaks per game, just quit being pathetic on offense for half the season. 

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Everyone is leaving after a year.  Has to be very frustrating.

Statler_and_Waldorf_2.jpg

I'm with you. Do you want to be Statler or Waldorf?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Courtney has been a great addition to the Bears beat this year IMO. She comes across to me without all of the biases and preachiness we see from some (Wiederer, Haugh) and the antiquated views of what football is supposed to look like (Biggs, Arkush). 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Courtney has been a great addition to the Bears beat this year IMO. She comes across to me without all of the biases and preachiness we see from some (Wiederer, Haugh) and the antiquated views of what football is supposed to look like (Biggs, Arkush). 

I thought the very same thing as I read that. I also absolutely agree and have had the same viewpoint on those other guys. They can all be pretty annoying in their own regards. @AZBearsFan get out of my head!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

those four named are some of my least favorites, especially Wiederer and Haugh. Its why you see sites like CHGO and the Athletic start to build steam - Fishbain, Hoge, Jahns are some of my favorite beat guys

4 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

good to see him active somewhere at least

Proof of life!

To his point, I think our fan base simultaneously has the highest and lowest expectations. On one hand, we celebrate basic competence in some regards way too much. On the other, we expect our key players to be basically infallible performers at all times. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I think they have a list of wants and then have to find who is available for those wants. Some guys might be in the playoffs that they want to interview (QB coaches going to OC) or seeing who is available from staffs that are being cleaned out. If they try to commit to one right now and they get lured back or outbid by someone then they are on their a**es without a back up plan. 

All in all, the only thing that matters is putting up points. IDGAF if that means Kmet is doing 15 TE Sneaks per game, just quit being pathetic on offense for half the season. 

Statler_and_Waldorf_2.jpg

I'm with you. Do you want to be Statler or Waldorf?

I understand what their plans are, my problem is with going ALL in with Flus wo having your guy at OC already ! This OC hire is the biggest decision to be made this offseason. We can win with JF or CW or even have both for a while but another fail at OC hire will F things up more than anything 

its just more hopes and dreams and belief in the Poles system that has several hits but several misses ugghh 

3 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

I understand what their plans are, my problem is with going ALL in with Flus wo having your guy at OC already ! This OC hire is the biggest decision to be made this offseason. We can win with JF or CW or even have both for a while but another fail at OC hire will F things up more than anything 

its just more hopes and dreams and belief in the Poles system that has several hits but several misses ugghh 

Poles has made his bed....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

How could he have his guy already and Getsy was just fired and the NFL season is not over? This just doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

I understand what their plans are, my problem is with going ALL in with Flus wo having your guy at OC already !

You are making a wildly unbased assumption here. Im shocked at how many of you seem to not comprehend that he was never going to lay out the plan A through Z for all to see.

If we are interviewing OCs for a month, or end up giving it to some shocking low level guy on an offense because everyone turned us down, then sure, Ill come back and say you are right. 

But just like all signings in the NFL, there is likely a short list that they have already informally spoken to and will find the best fit from those few.

You guys are acting like he is sitting there with his thumb up his but and just shrugging

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

How could he have his guy already and Getsy was just fired and the NFL season is not over? This just doesn't make sense to me.

I think you are missing my point. My point isIn order to go ALL IN with Flus, you better have a FAntasTIC  OC option or 2  IN HAnD, relatively speaking. 

They do not have this. They plan to feel it out. 

This is what bothers me. Poles will use his fallible analytics  human-ness *** bi ya system to feel out the right 'adaptable' candidate. That scares the **** out of me 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

I think you are missing my point. My point isIn order to go ALL IN with Flus, you better have a FAntasTIC  OC option or 2  IN HAnD, relatively speaking. 

They do not have this. They plan to feel it out. 

This is what bothers me. Poles will use his fallible analytics  human-ness *** bi ya system to feel out the right 'adaptable' candidate. That scares the **** out of me 

It sounds like you would only have been happy if they fired flus, so your critique specifically about the language they used surrounding their OC search seems misplaced.

23 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You are making a wildly unbased assumption here. Im shocked at how many of you seem to not comprehend that he was never going to lay out the plan A through Z for all to see.

If we are interviewing OCs for a month, or end up giving it to some shocking low level guy on an offense because everyone turned us down, then sure, Ill come back and say you are right. 

But just like all signings in the NFL, there is likely a short list that they have already informally spoken to and will find the best fit from those few.

You guys are acting like he is sitting there with his thumb up his but and just shrugging

I think maybe you are not understanding my post. He more or less did lay out the plan from A-z. Flus mentioned a 'shortlist' Poles and Flus both talked adaptability ALot. They also talked about exploratory means throughout the interview provess. This tells me that they do not have a set guy or 2 already. This is my problem, how can you not have a fairly sure answer at OC BUT go all in on Flus ?

Do You trust Poles to find the 'right fit' ??