Week 18 GDT: The Gang Wastes Their Time

Just now, Kiltman said:

See no reason to keep him honestly

like if we are doing a huge clean sweep, why keep him? It’s not like he’s going to regain the respect he clearly has been losing.

Not saying I expect it but I’m just at like “yeah blow it up”

I’m getting to this point after the past two weeks. It legit looks like this team has given up. If the motivator HC can’t even motivate the guys…. It is a really bad sign. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kiltman said:

After last season, this isn’t a good take.

Revisionist history only goes so far

I was screaming this last year as well.  Those that came over here with me from psd know my stance on Jalen, but by all means be happy with 8-9 next year when the offense takes a step back again even after Brian Johnson gets fired.

Just now, Danger said:

I agree for the most part, but I just can't see us getting rid of Sirianni for optics' sake. Doesn't look good for other potential head coaches who might want to come in if you fire a guy who took you to the Super Bowl and came close to winning, less than a year later, while still making the playoffs.

Agreed, especially with the lingering of thinking Doug should’ve gotten another shot.

But he’s been impatient in the past, and might see the opportunity to get a better offensive staff in if he does just can nick too.

6 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Are we watching the same guy? The truth is he should've been traded in the off-season before paying him.  There's almost zero chance they just wipe the slate clean again like with Wentz, but they should.  Hurts is not good enough to be paid like a top QB.

You guys keep drinking the Hurts kool-aid.  Hurts is far from the only problem, but make no mistakes he is a major problem.  Particularly as he starts to count more against the cap and they can't build a super team around him.

Yes we are watching the same guy who has a higher passing grade than he did last year when we went to the SB and he was in the MVP race.

Hurts definitely has his flaws as a QB like sure I wish he had a bigger arm or was faster or was better off platform or didn’t bail pockets as early as he does or bought more time instead of just rolling out quickly to his right and going out of bounds. 

But, at the end of the day this teams offensive coaches have not put him or our play makers in great situations to succeed and a lot of the time he’s having to make stuff shake on his own to make up for the bad play calls or lack of hot routes.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

I was screaming this last year as well.  Those that came over here with me from psd know my stance on Jalen, but by all means be happy with 8-9 next year when the offense takes a step back again even after Brian Johnson gets fired.

Well then you were just wrong last year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I’m getting to this point after the past two weeks. It legit looks like this team has given up. If the motivator HC can’t even motivate the guys…. It is a really bad sign. 

I have gotten to that point. But I'm skeptical of this team to get a coach that can do what we need scheme wise and coaching prospects were already turning us away in 2021. Don't know who would be a good replacement. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yes we are watching the same guy who has a higher passing grade than he did last year when we went to the SB and he was in the MVP race.

Hurts definitely has his flaws as a QB and sure I wish he had a bigger arm or was better off platform or didn’t bail pockets as early as he does or bought more time instead of just rolling out quickly to his right and going out of bounds.

But, this teams offensive coaches have no put him in great situations to succeed and a lot of the time he’s having to make stuff shake on his own to make up for the bad play calls or lack of hot routes.

It’s just funny because last season Hurts was elite vs the blitz. Now this year he is awful vs it. Wonder why that could be? Seriously. 

Hurts has regressed, but in large part it's because Brian Johnson can't scheme his way out of a paper bag.

Brett Kollman did a good video on it. We also saw that the Eagles utterly refuse to use motion. And the lack of checkdowns we run is astonishing.

8 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Are we watching the same guy? The truth is he should've been traded in the off-season before paying him.  There's almost zero chance they just wipe the slate clean again like with Wentz, but they should.  Hurts is not good enough to be paid like a top QB.

You guys keep drinking the Hurts kool-aid.  Hurts is far from the only problem, but make no mistakes he is a major problem.  Particularly as he starts to count more against the cap and they can't build a super team around him.

How exactly is Hurts the problem? 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

I have gotten to that point. But I'm skeptical of this team to get a coach that can do what we need scheme wise and coaching prospects were already turning us away in 2021. Don't know who would be a good replacement. 

There are a lot of good candidates this year. I don’t think Sirianni is fired though. They will likely for Brian Johnson and hopefully the next OC can fix this ******* mess. 

DC we can just thank Gannon for ******* us with Fangio. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Hurts has regressed, but in large part it's because Brian Johnson can't scheme his way out of a paper bag.

Brett Kollman did a good video on it. We also saw that the Eagles utterly refuse to use motion. And the lack of checkdowns we run is astonishing.

Hurts did have the highest completion percentage over expected which is telling. 

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Jalen should have enough cache still, we have AJ and Devonta this time. The offense is theoretically in a far better place than when they hired nick. 

I think some coaches maybe are turned off by the itchy trigger finger. But there is a quick lane to success here compared to other openings if they fire Nick.

The monumental collapse helps the justification of it too

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Well then you were just wrong last year

I disagree.  Like I said, when were 8-9 next year and the offense is even worse maybe the rest of you will come around.  Giving Hurts that contract was a mistake.