Week 18- Packers vs. Bears regular season finale

Refugee

14 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Since the supposed turnaround of the Bears defense after they traded for Montez Sweat on Halloween their schedule has been: 4 divisional games, 3 games against the NFC South, and the Cardinals. and the Browns.  It's entirely possible that "the Bears defense is very good" was a mirage.

Their pass coverage/rush wasn't much but their rush defense was pretty solid.  Jones took care of that where Dillion/whoever else wouldn't have had a prayer.

There was a Jones run tonight that was designed to go left, but Jones cut back right and gained 15-20 yards (I think, I am going strictly from memory)

While they were showing the replay, my immediate thought was "that's a loss of 3 if it's Dillon on the play"

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

It was a mirage, though they also were missing their best CB in Johnson. That said, their fans on twitter were hyping up their young secondary as a bunch of studs and media talked that unit up all week, so the loss of 1 guy shouldn't have had them getting fried this badly all game. Love had 5 incompletions and 2 of them were legit TD drops by Doubs and Melton. Easily could have finished 29/32 with 4 TD's.

We probably got the Flus fired today, and Justin Fields traded.

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

This is one of the first things I thought of back when Adams was traded.  It is probably best for Love that Adams isn't on the roster.

I have said similar things with Jones being out.  That might have pushed MLF to put more on Love and the young WR.  Certainly needed to go through the growing pains in the first 1/2 to 2/3 of the season, but the dividends are paying off now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

You confuse me.

You go into the Bears GDT and send them all these condolences and well wishes telling them their team is set for the future and then post **** like this in here.

Lol.

I'm respectful in their forum and I do feel for their fan base, but this is just funny! 

I don't like the Bears. I can tolerate the other two teams in the division. I can even root for the Lions some. 

I believe the NFL is better when the Packers and Bears game have real meaning. 

Edited by Old Guy

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

We probably got the Flus fired today, and Justin Fields traded.

We can call it

'The Packer effect' 

Hopefully they keep Fields. Hell even if they don't, hopefully they draft Caleb Williams so he can fall flat on his face there and send them into another decade of shambles.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I have said similar things with Jones being out.  That might have pushed MLF to put more on Love and the young WR.  Certainly needed to go through the growing pains in the first 1/2 to 2/3 of the season, but the dividends are paying off now.

Yep.  The training wheels were definitely on the offense early in the season.  With no Jones, and Dillon doing Dillon things, MLF had no choice but to lean on what Love could do in the passing game.  Once the receivers figured out which routes they were running, things took off not long after.

• Like 2

Just now, Old Guy said:

I'm respectful and I do feel for their fan base, but this is just funny! 

Regardless of what you post in there, going into their forum after they just got destroyed by their most hated rival isn't what any of them want. Respectful is a bit far fetched if you ask me. It's cringy. 

2 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

We can call it

'The Packer effect' 

Hopefully they keep Fields. Hell even if they don't, hopefully they draft Caleb Williams so he can fall flat on his face there and send them into another decade of shambles.

I wouldn't mind the Bears getting better. The NFL is better when the Packers and Bears are relevant. I do enjoy beating them though maybe more than any other team. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

Tell me I'm wrong? He sealed his fate tonight for sure. 

These matters must be handled deeelicately.

Does the Bear FO want to risk developing a new QB?

Or do they build around Fields thinking he’s close to being serviceable?

I hope they draft a QB.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

History repeats itself.

Pack players are NOT holding back with kicking the Bears while they are down. I love it! Only thing that somewhat sucks is that it's hard not to think this is the end of the Fields and Eberflus era, which is unfortunate. Really want the Bears to screw up again and stick with Fields, but hard to see that happening after tonight's result

QEOaQOc.png

Just now, Old Guy said:

I wouldn't mind the Bears getting better. The NFL is better when the Packers and Bears are relevant. I do enjoy beating them though maybe more than any other team. 

I'd much rather watch them suffer.

For being such a horrible franchise, they talk way too much ****.