Week 18- Packers vs. Bears regular season finale

Refugee

Just now, Uffdaswede said:

These matters must be handled deeelicately.

Does the Bear FO want to risk developing a new QB?

Or do they build around Fields thinking he’s close to being serviceable?

I hope they draft a QB.

I've said you draft Williams and keep Fields around for next year. If he develops into some great, you have Williams as trade bait. Many here do not agree with that idea. 

I just don't think you can draft another guy, even Williams, and throw him right in. It hasn't worked for them in what, 7 tries or more? 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'm respectful in their forum and I do feel for their fan base, but this is just funny! 

I don't like the Bears. I can tolerate the other two teams in the division. I can even root for the Lions some. 

I believe the NFL is better when the Packers and Bears game have real meaning. 

I’m a Vikings hater. I honestly don’t think about Chicago. Hasn’t been much of a rivalry in a long time .

• Like 5

There are Bears front office people who are going to send out feelers about trading both the #1 pick and their current QB.  What they do depends mostly on what kind of response they get from the rest of the NFL.

It's obvious they can get something for the #1 overall pick, it's less obvious they can get something from Fields, but even less obvious that Fields is worth paying.

3 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

These matters must be handled deeelicately.

Does the Bear FO want to risk developing a new QB?

Or do they build around Fields thinking he’s close to being serviceable?

I hope they draft a QB.

Fields ain't "Him".  Worst QB in the league in the 4th quarter this year.  Great athlete, but something is missing there.  I hope they keep him, but they would be stupid not to take a QB at #1 if they think that guy can eventually be better.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

I'd much rather watch them suffer.

For being such a horrible franchise, they talk way too much ****. 

It's much more fun beating them when they think they have a chance, like the NFC Championship game! 

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

Really want the Bears to screw up again and stick with Fields, but hard to see that happening after tonight's result

What kind of compensation do you think he'd attract? Is there a comparable trade recently?

16 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

This is one of the first things I thought of back when Adams was traded.  It is probably best for Love that Adams isn't on the roster.

I think the same thing happened to Favre when Sterling Sharpe was injured and then retired.

6 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

There was a Jones run tonight that was designed to go left, but Jones cut back right and gained 15-20 yards (I think, I am going strictly from memory)

While they were showing the replay, my immediate thought was "that's a loss of 3 if it's Dillon on the play"

At first I thought that might have been a planned counter.

Do you ever play Sheepshead with one of those old f***ers that know everyone’s cards by the third trick?

I think Jones must have counted tricks on the left and realized his trump was good going right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Regardless of what you post in there, going into their forum after they just got destroyed by their most hated rival isn't what any of them want. Respectful is a bit far fetched if you ask me. It's cringy. 

They are fine over there as long as you don't act like an *******

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We probably got the Flus fired today, and Justin Fields traded.

Most likely. Wasn't convinced a Bears win would keep Fields safe, though it might have for Flus...but I think it's pretty damn clear that the Bears aren't gonna pass on QB for a 2nd straight year and Eberflus and his whole staff is gone. Sure wish their delusional fan base got to make the decision because I cannot recall seeing a fan base hype up such mediocrity at QB for the last few years like they've been doing with Fields

Just now, Old Guy said:

It's much more fun beating them when they think they have a chance, like the NFC Championship game! 

Do you not remember all the banter before week 1? "Justin Fields was HIM, OL and weapons and defense were significantly upgraded" 

They really thought they were going to win that game.....Until their daddy and new owner, Jordan Love was born.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

There are Bears front office people who are going to send out feelers about trading both the #1 pick and their current QB.  What they do depends mostly on what kind of response they get from the rest of the NFL.

It's obvious they can get something for the #1 overall pick, it's less obvious they can get something from Fields, but even less obvious that Fields is worth paying.

I think the bolded part left the building after today. They cannot roll another year with Fields as THE option at quarterback. I'd take Williams and keep Fields around. I'd let Fields start for at least 1/2 of a season, hopefully the whole year. Give Williams time to learn the NFL and the playbook. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

What kind of compensation do you think he'd attract? Is there a comparable trade recently?

TBH if I was the Bears I don't even trade Fields yet. Just take your QB with the top pick, have them battle it out in camp with them ideally hoping their top pick wins the job, and then at the end of camp you look for potential Fields trade suitors. Won't get much obviously, but some desperate team would take a flier

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

They are fine over there as long as you don't act like an *******

I stand by what I said and just calling it how I see it. But I couldn't care less what anyone does on these forums. It is the internet after all lol.