Should the Raiders keep Antonio Pierce as their HC?

49ersfan

Should the Raiders keep Antonio Pierce as their HC?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Raiders keep Antonio Pierce as their HC?

• Yes
    • No

12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-maxx-crosby-to-explore-trade-if-raiders-dont-hire-antonio-pierce

this is why I don’t like hiring interim head coaches. now you’re almost forced to keep piece. but is he really the best candidate? 

For me it's:

1. Harbaugh

2. Pierce

I am fine with AP.

On 1/13/2024 at 11:43 AM, 49ersfan said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-maxx-crosby-to-explore-trade-if-raiders-dont-hire-antonio-pierce

this is why I don’t like hiring interim head coaches. now you’re almost forced to keep piece. but is he really the best candidate? 

Players don’t know anything and letting them make decisions over who the HC is  isn’t smart 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Players don’t know anything and letting them make decisions over who the HC is  isn’t smart 

If you don't hire the guy I want, I want to play for a different guy.

Seems silly, given you ultimately wouldn't be playing for that guy whether you get traded or not.

It's 100% Pierce to me. The man has demonstrated the culture of being a Raider more than any coach in recent memory. He's young, he connects to the players, and he's shown an ability to elevate their play which is incredibly important given the state of our recent draft classes. He brings bandaids like Jack Jones at CB who is playing like a CB1 when we've invested so much and missed at the position for years (minus a success in Hobbs). He has the most important piece in Maxx Crosby lobbying for him. He's everything we could want for with the exception of potentially having the network needed to get a good offensive staff together. The question at QB is there with his hiring or not, but even AOC was above expectations under his interim so it's not like he's a negative stunting the growth of a prospect hire. If the Raiders draft Jayden Daniels there is a ASU connection there to AP.

AP worked with Herm Edwards and Marv Lewis at ASU. Someone like Marv Lewis may be available as a consultant and as such could provide his tree to fill out an offensive staff. There may be mini connections through Marv to like Jordan Palmer as a potential QB coach and Bill Lazor as a OC or something like that as Palmer started his career under Lewis and has evolved into a QB mentor and Bill Lazor, at one time a hot OC candidate, is a senior offensive assistant with the red hot Texans offense where Bobby Slowik is a potential hot HC candidate. I don't fear an AP hire at all and fully endorse it at this point.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

If a player threatened to demand a trade if I didn't hire the coach he wanted I'd tell him fine but you agree to take a 30% pay cut if he fails to get us to the playoffs next year.

See how cocky the player wants to be then.

They would just tell you no. 

I hope they keep him, but they need to have a plan for his staff.

It's pretty much a badly kept secret in LV that he's the guy. He and Kelly and Seymour were spotted out recently, chumming it up. 

I'm beyond hoping he's the guy, and now more interested in what his offensive staff is going to look like. He needs to nail the OC spot.