2018/19 Europe Thread - It begins again

UKTexans

• 3 weeks later...

City scraped through but gave up away goal...squeeky bum time again, this is usually the stage they get KOd...

Liverpool were AWFUL against Madrid. TAA was trying to put RM players through, I swear. Walker or Trippier should start for England

1 hour ago, carl_sjunior said:

I have to choose a team. I keep paying attention, but being American, I know we have a following of Arse here. 

But I like Totty and Wolves cuz I'm a glutton for pain.

Im still hunting for the most part. Loving Palace. They have the best, loudest, rowdiest, diehard fans in all Britain. But in 150 years, they only have 12 in the top division. So as a long term prospect. Its tough to settle in on them fully.

Do like City alot. Just cause they tick off all teams equally. Whos their main rival? Everyone. Roll into town. Kick you in the teeth, and strut back out. Even when ranked in the teens the first couple months of the season, they still carried that Late 80s Miami Hurricane swagger.

9 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Do like City alot. Just cause they tick off all teams equally. Whos their main rival? Everyone. Roll into town. Kick you in the teeth, and strut back out. Even when ranked in the teens the first couple months of the season, they still carried that Late 80s Miami Hurricane swagger.

Plastic though. Wouldn't be that team if a billionaire oil tycoon shiekh hadn't picked them out of a hat. If I were without a club I'd be looking at heritage and how they've made their money etc. I hate United, but at least most of the money they spend is money they've made with the brand. Also, City are underachievers given how much they spend.

864be5a65dfc2981bf9888efc31bb095.png

nearly 1.5bn spent, and no CL trophy...

I also think PSG (another crooked club) will knock them out this time. 

They're the best in England, but they should be better

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Plastic though. Wouldn't be that team if a billionaire oil tycoon shiekh hadn't picked them out of a hat. If I were without a club I'd be looking at heritage and how they've made their money etc. I hate United, but at least most of the money they spend is money they've made with the brand. Also, City are underachievers given how much they spend.

Most the other teams just arnt attractive. First off. Im not picking a Nike or GM sponsored club. Others like West Ham/Magpies/Arsenal I couldnt stand the owners/FO (Already a WFT fan stuck with Snyder). Southampton was appealing until watching a home game. 90+ mins of "When the Saints go marching in" about gave me a seizure. Fulhams owner cares about wrestling instead of the team now.  Knew Shef and WBA were going down after the first week of the season.

Things narrow down to where theres not much to chose from in a hurry.

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Old money, new money...none of it is clean. 

Also I find it hypocritical that a West Ham supporter is screaming about how someone else made their money. Y’all have been garbage for the better part of 30 years but still are one of the top 20 most valuable teams in the world. Certainly it doesn’t have anything to do with performance.

How do you think your country obtained their riches? Certainly wasn’t ethical...

Anyways, off my soapbox.

Edited by Oregon Ducks