More deserving of OROY, Stroud or Nacua?

More deserving of OROY?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. More deserving of OROY?

• CJ Stroud
    • Puka Nacua

On 1/8/2024 at 9:00 AM, stl4life07 said:

So yeah again I do think Stroud will win the OROY but Puka had an historical season after being thrown into the fire bc Kupp was hurt and the more than just thrived he set the bar high for rookies. If I was to tell you Caleb Williams will come in next season and do what Stroud did if not better I dont think anyone would be shocked. If I told you the potential great Marvin Harrison Jr. will come in and do what Puka did this season I think maybe people could see it but I do think it would be less likely than. Again there is a reason why just the rookie receiving record stood for over 50+ years. So a rookie receiver would have to break both the receptions and yards in the same season. Thats how special of a season Puka had. Reward him properly or at least split the award between him and Stroud. 

That's what I'd like to see happen too.  Both players are deserving, so why not recognize both of them? 

• Like 2

It has to be LaGoata! He had the

best rookie TE season in 62 years. But it’s going to be given to cj. Which he deserves! But man, we just saw history being made. Guys a 2nd round rookie, helps us to get to the playoffs. Was a bonafied number 1). What Cj did it’s been done before plenty of times. 

Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, RG3 and Wilson? Rookies leading their team to post season yadadada. My man woke up and decided to

be a top 5 TE this season. Like wtf. 

Did I do this right?!? 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

It has to be LaGoata! He had the

best rookie TE season in 62 years. But it’s going to be given to cj. Which he deserves! But man, we just saw history being made. Guys a 2nd round rookie, helps us to get to the playoffs. Was a bonafied number 1). What Cj did it’s been done before plenty of times. 

Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, RG3 and Wilson? Rookies leading their team to post season yadadada. My man woke up and decided to

be a top 5 TE this season. Like wtf. 

Did I do this right?!? 

*insert slow clap gif*

On 1/8/2024 at 10:32 AM, tyler735 said:

I've seen some arguments for Puka stating how "historic" his season was and that he should get it over Stroud for that reason. This isn't to diminish Puka, he had a great rookie season, but it's never been easier for rookie WR's to come into the league and make an impact as a rookie.

I agree with you but the same could be said for the QB position.

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

I agree with you but the same could be said for the QB position.

While it could, a (very biased Rams) poster was making it sound like it was some crazy feat for a rookie WR to post the numbers he did. Nobody was making those claims for QB's in this thread, so it didn't need to be said. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tyler735 said:

While it could, a (very biased Rams) poster was making it sound like it was some crazy feat for a rookie WR to post the numbers he did. Nobody was making those claims for QB's in this thread, so it didn't need to be said. 

It is crazy for a rookie WR to post those kinda numbers, just because freaks of talent have done it in numerous years doesn't diminish the accomplishment.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xmad said:

It is crazy for a rookie WR to post those kinda numbers, just because freaks of talent have done it in numerous years doesn't diminish the accomplishment.

Right?? All pro first year as a 5th rounder? Not a first, not a second or a 3rd. Not even Tyreek came out the gates like puka. That’s a monster season for a vet let alone a 5th rounder… I won’t be mad if Cj wins. But gosh damm we might not ever see this for a min… 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Right?? All pro first year as a 5th rounder? Not a first, not a second or a 3rd. Not even Tyreek came out the gates like puka. That’s a monster season for a vet let alone a 5th rounder… I won’t be mad if Cj wins. But gosh damm we might not ever see this for a min… 

2024: Marvin harrison jr; 105, 1400, 1 TD for sure tho.

6 hours ago, El Ramster said:

I'm not at all going to diminish what Puka has done. But you are talking rookie records with him. Stroud is doing stuff like no other players have done- led league in pass ypg and TD:INT ratio. Only Montana and Brady (1 time each and both win MVP that year) have done that in the last several decades. We might literally never see this again

• Like 3

One thing is clear and that is Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr. both have tough acts to follow. Those guys are supposed to be generational talent. Stroud wasnt even looked at by many as the best QB in his draft class and Puka fell to the late 5th round. For them both to have the types of seasons that they are having, good luck Caleb and Marvin bc you know thats the expectations immediately is to do what Stroud and Puka did at the very least and thats on top of many thinking they are already destined for a gold jacket. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

One thing is clear and that is Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr. both have tough acts to follow. Those guys are supposed to be generational talent. Stroud wasnt even looked at by many as the best QB in his draft class and Puka fell to the late 5th round. For them both to have the types of seasons that they are having, good luck Caleb and Marvin bc you know thats the expectations immediately is to do what Stroud and Puka did at the very least and thats on top of many thinking they are already destined for a gold jacket. 

Funny part was, most people did argue Stroud was the best QB in the draft. Then someone leaked the S2 tests and his intelligence came into question and people who never actually watched him play football in college were writing him off. 

On 1/8/2024 at 10:00 AM, stl4life07 said:

Stroud will win it but really the awards are becoming a QB award. OROY will be a QB, MVP will be a QB, and unless Hamlin wins COPTY it will be Flacco a QB to win the award. Its lazy but since the NFL has made the league a QB friendly league they boxed themselves in.

What Puka has done warrants him this award. He broke not one but two records. One record that has stood for 50+years. I know the impact Stroud made. He took a team nobody had expectations for to winning the division. But Puka has had a similar impact. With no Kupp, people was thinking who is Stafford going to throw too? Not only did Puka step up, he came out of the gates on an historical pace. And its not easy to learn this McVay offense. Puka is asked to run all the route tree at various positions and block and run jet sweeps. And I also think winning awards are more than just stats but memorable moments. Ive seen tons of memorable moments Puka had this season. Walk-off TD catch for the win against the Colts. Spectacular catches seemingly every week that make your jaw drop. And on the stand alone game against the Saints he shredded them and put up a sensational game.

So yeah again I do think Stroud will win the OROY but Puka had an historical season after being thrown into the fire bc Kupp was hurt and the more than just thrived he set the bar high for rookies. If I was to tell you Caleb Williams will come in next season and do what Stroud did if not better I dont think anyone would be shocked. If I told you the potential great Marvin Harrison Jr. will come in and do what Puka did this season I think maybe people could see it but I do think it would be less likely than. Again there is a reason why just the rookie receiving record stood for over 50+ years. So a rookie receiver would have to break both the receptions and yards in the same season. Thats how special of a season Puka had. Reward him properly or at least split the award between him and Stroud. 

They need to start making separate awards for QBs. Its getting stupid at this point. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xmad said:

It was a very good season for a rookie WR. Easily a top 3 rookie WR season in the past 5 years.