Wild Card GDT: Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys

MaddHatter

5 minutes ago, Northland said:

Coaching staff overhaul coming.  What to do with Dak?  I can't justify an extension.  It may be in the best interest of all to move on.

It's dicey with Dak. They've managed 36 wins in past 3 yrd and that isn't chicken scratch. I don't care what you say. But paying him $55m isn't either especially when it ends like this every year.  BB is sure to be hot commodity for Jerry, but he's stunk the past few years and at 72 I'm skeptical he's a legitimate answer to what ails Dallas.

5 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

You mean going to the playoffs with a rookie qb?  I like where you are going with this.  It’s nice to see that you are finally ready to move on from Dak as well.  I knew you’d get there (took a little longer than most but you still got there).

And what happened the prior two seasons? 

2 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Dak was certainly terrible, but he turned it around a bit. What did the defense do to stop the bleeding? They got steamrolled by Aaron Jones

Both sides were dreadful. But it’s easy to see the offense not being held as accountable retroactively 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I'm sorry bud. You can't put lipstick on the pig this time. 

What are you talking about. I’m one of the biggest critics of Dak Prescott. He sucked this game. But Aaron Rodgers/Tom Brady couldn’t have won this game with this defense.

Edited by Tony7188

I’m 100% done with McCarthy and 75% done with Quinn. And kind of on the fence with Dak. just because I still think in the right situation he can win. 

i wouldn’t mind BB just because I’d like to think Jerry may respect Bill enough to let him have a bit more control ( just don’t let him draft offensive skill players). 

This teams defense gets run over year after year especially in the playoffs. Something needs to be fixed here. 

Just now, D82 said:

Just now, D82 said:

What coach would have done better with this rosters?  Like I said… he’s not a talent evaluator and he should leave the drafting to McClay.  He’s simply the best coach I’ve ever seen when it comes to scheme and fundamentals.  

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

It's dicey with Dak. They've managed 36 wins in past 3 yrd and that isn't chicken scratch. I don't care what you say. But paying him $55m isn't either especially when it ends like this every year.  BB is sure to be hot commodity for Jerry, but he's stunk the past few years and at 72 I'm skeptical he's a legitimate answer to what ails Dallas.

It's the dollars Dak will command that scare me.  

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

What coach would have done better with this rosters?  Like I said… he’s not a talent evaluator and he should leave the drafting to McClay.  He’s simply the best coach I’ve ever seen when it comes to scheme and fundamentals.  

Whichever team hires him won't make a Super Bowl. 

16 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Dak was certainly terrible, but he turned it around a bit. What did the defense do to stop the bleeding? They got steamrolled by Aaron Jones

The problem is that he’s been terrible in literally every big game. Empty calorie yards don’t mean anything. He stinks up the place and then puts up big numbers in total garbage time when the game is out of reach. That’s not what a $40M+ QB should be doing.

Edited by plan9misfit

As much as Dak was bad at the start, moving on from him would be disastrous. He’s not to blame for the defense giving the team absolutely zero chance. I firmly believe Dak would have found the win if the defense could get a stop literally at all. No QB was going to survive that horrific defensive effort. 

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:
14 minutes ago, Northland said:

It's the dollars Dak will command that scare me.  

I’d try and trade him. Like, call Chicago and see if they’d take Dak for the #1 overall pick.

Nothing should be off the table for sure, Dak included and I'll throw Micah in there too. 

Dak is going to get extended, but Dallas bumping his pay should be completely off the table.