Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

29 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Both of those parameters are inflated by bringing it out of the endzone. 

The total yard volume stat is particularly meaningless.

KR is meaningless.

Nixon is still the best of them.

It's such an irrelevant position with such a limited dataset what else are you going to determine an All- Pro by?

Who should be the all-pro KR of not Nixon and why?

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

KR is meaningless.

Nixon is still the best of them.

It's such an irrelevant position with such a limited dataset what else are you going to determine an All- Pro by?

Who should be the all-pro KR of not Nixon and why?

whoever had the most fair catches inside the 10 resulting in a start at the 25

Just now, skibrett15 said:

hmm?

Whoever had the most fair catches inside the 10 resulting in a start at the 25 should get kicked out of the NFL, along with their ST coach. 

If you want to remove the kickoff, remove the kickoff. This new rule nonsensical.

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Whoever had the most fair catches inside the 10 resulting in a start at the 25 should get kicked out of the NFL, along with their ST coach. 

If you want to remove the kickoff, remove the kickoff. This new rule nonsensical.

do you really think this or just hate the new rule?

Yeah if we're being honest, I can't recall a single impactful return from Nixon all season long. For a good stretch, his returns were actually costing them yards, but like the rest of the team, he's been better during the tail end of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, HighCalebR said:

Just hate the new rule.

of course they shouldnt be kicked out.

Here is my current kickoff strategy if I took over that unit today given the dumb rules.

1) Assume we receive 4-6 kickoffs.

2) Game plan is to target the opponent's offensive defensive starters with forceful blocks, hopefully making them a little sore and a little slow when they return to their main unit.  Ignore the ST only players.  If they stop pursuing the KO, ignore them also.  If the kicker runs forward, block him up too.

3) Bang those guys up

4) Fair catch every kickoff

5) Once per game (game script depending) rather than retreating your kickoff blockers, send everyone forward and try to meet them as far up the field as possible.  Very likely that people make it through unblocked.

6) If the returner sees that more than 2 people got free, he calls fair catch.  If 2 or fewer guys make it through... then he gives it a shot if the kickoff is short.  Maximizes the chance of a 35+ field position

22 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

No Ja today. Hopefully just resting the ankle. Seems everyone else was a go. 

Yeah .. kind of need him pretty badly this week.  He's part of the answer to slowing down CeeDee Lamb.  Hope they just want to get him as healthy as possible, and nothing too serious.

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Yeah if we're being honest, I can't recall a single impactful return from Nixon all season long. For a good stretch, his returns were actually costing them yards, but like the rest of the team, he's been better during the tail end of the season.

He got the award because he's the only guy that really brings kicks out regularly.  

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why that much? I think Dallas is a very good team, I don’t think they’re great. I’m fairly confident in our offense at least. 

I think Dallas at home is a very, very good team.  

What we have going for us, is it that we tend to score more on the road than we do at home.

I'd be more confident if I didn't know that JRJ and Myers will be trying to block up Parsons.

But in the end, doesn't much matter to me.  I got my questions answered for the year.  No pressure when I watch the game, zero expectations, just entertainment.

Hopefully we play as loose and free as I intend on being as I watch the the game.

Not sure what to snack on, though.  Maybe buffalo walleye chunks.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think Dallas at home is a very, very good team.  

What we have going for us, is it that we tend to score more on the road than we do at home.

I'd be more confident if I didn't know that JRJ and Myers will be trying to block up Parsons.

But in the end, doesn't much matter to me.  I got my questions answered for the year.  No pressure when I watch the game, zero expectations, just entertainment.

Hopefully we play as loose and free as I intend on being as I watch the the game.

Not sure what to snack on, though.  Maybe buffalo walleye chunks.  

If we do get crushed I won’t mind in terms of fandom ( I bet GB plus 7) , in my eyes this year couldn’t have realistically gone better in total. 

• Like 1