Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

6 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Driving a Tesla is cheating - think can turn on and off power to each wheel 1000x per second for perfect control no matter what… Golf Rs are badass, wanted one years ago along with a Lancer Evo and a GTR - never got one, always stuck to the LS powered GM cars for some reason.  

I'm a big fan of Elon Musk the engineer. This car is the absolute best driving machine I've ever driven. Kinda blows the Golf R outta the water. 

And it's the "cheap" Tesla (Model 3 Performance).

I can't see myself going back to an IC vehicle. 

And yes, I had a lot of fun with my R. Expensive to maintain though.

Note that Musk didn't engineer the Tesla, he has little to no engineering background, he just bought the company and is the pitchman.

The guy who deserves credit for engineering the Teslas is Peter Rawlinson, who left in 2012 but mostly they've been iterating on his Model S design. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Note that Musk didn't engineer the Tesla, he has little to no engineering background, he just bought the company and is the pitchman.

The guy who deserves credit for engineering the Teslas is Peter Rawlinson, who left in 2012 but mostly they've been iterating on his Model S design. 

Yep!

I'm in space industry and appreciate his contributions to commercial space with SpaceX.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Looks like we should have everybody but Dillon. Both Watson and Alexander are questionable. It's playoff time, they better suit up and go. 

I like our chances; I don't know why but i do. 

Really need Jaire in this one .. hoping if he is good to go that he's got his wheels .. gonna need them. 

Getting Watson back would be great, but I'm feeling more confident in other guys to continue their great play.  Love seems to have found a really good rhythm without Watson in there.  

The more that can play the merrier, so hopefully these guys are good to go.  

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Really need Jaire in this one .. hoping if he is good to go that he's got his wheels .. gonna need them. 

Getting Watson back would be great, but I'm feeling more confident in other guys to continue their great play.  Love seems to have found a really good rhythm without Watson in there.  

The more that can play the merrier, so hopefully these guys are good to go.  

I just feel like Watson will keep the safeties back an extra step or two. I also think he can get by that secondary for a deep one or two. Melton could probably as well. 

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm enjoying my AWD  Tesla in this stuff. I had a Golf R before this that was really grabby on snowy roads. I really enjoy winter driving. It's sporty.

I work for an energy company and working with EV charging stations etc, so I’ve been eyeballing an EV for awhile. Teslas are nice and probably what I’ll settle on. I’ve heard they’re beasts in the snow actually but I just don’t like the way some of them look. Wanted a Rivian before they came out but I’ve heard they’re crap from a number of people. 

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I work for an energy company and working with EV charging stations etc, so I’ve been eyeballing an EV for awhile. Teslas are nice and probably what I’ll settle on. I’ve heard they’re beasts in the snow actually but I just don’t like the way some of them look. Wanted a Rivian before they came out but I’ve heard they’re crap from a number of people. 

Agreed on the looks. I found one I REALLY liked though. Dark grey, tinted windows with bright red brake calipers. Sharp looking version of it. I do like the X as well, but that's outta my price range. AWD was a must for me for winter driving. And I'm a sporty driver and love the speed in the summer, too. Ridiculously fast car. The Golf R feels like a Prius in comparison ha.

There are some encouraging data on the longevity of the latest generation Model 3s as well. Cheap car to maintain.

What I dislike when purchasing a Tesla is all the work you have to go through to make sure it's in good shape when you purchase it. (Checking for damaged parts, paint issues, etc.) Don't take it to a normal car wash, you will ruin the paint.

I drive a chevy 3500 diesel, with load getting like 9 mpg.

Kinda undoing all the work you homies are doing.

But also these past few years my main job site has been pouring foundations for methane gas agitator tanks.

So kinda doing more work for the environment than the average homie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldmansmell said:

Got a feeling this one is gonna be like Rodgers game against Warner and the Cardinals. Hopefully we get the facemask call in OT this time around.

I loved that game besides not winning it. It was a fun game to watch.