AFC Wildcard: #5 Browns @ #4 Texans

NeptunePenguins

Who wins?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I'm a big fan of Stroud.  He seems like a really good guy, and he's easy to cheer for - as opposed to his predecessor, who is now riding the pine in Cleveland.  Stroud has played great this year.  My only worries for him is that his team is going up against a monster we are all familiar with - Playoff Flacco. 

The whole Joe Flacco story is also a fun one this year, so it's hard to cheer against them too.  All I know is that this should be a fun game. 

May the best team win!

14 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Yes that's why I included yards per play. Browns opponents are average almost 2 more yards per play on the road vs. at home. 

Different teams, different circumstances. That's why I showed how they were against teams they played at home and on the road. The Bengals game not a real good indicator because of resting players and a meaningless game. They had 113 QB rating and Mixon averaged 8 yards per carry. That wouldn't have happened (likely) under normal circumstances.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Different teams, different circumstances. That's why I showed how they were against teams they played at home and on the road. The Bengals game not a real good indicator because of resting players and a meaningless game. They had 113 QB rating and Mixon averaged 8 yards per carry. That wouldn't have happened (likely) under normal circumstances.

Perhaps, but I think the defense certainly benefits from the extra get-off due to the home crowd noise, perhaps more than other teams. It wouldn't be surprising that aggressive yet relatively simple Schwartz defense would thrive with that extra split second to get upfield. 

I’ll be interested to see if Houston matches Clevelands physicality and intensity.

If the Texans want to win, they need to commit to running the ball. If they have CJ drop back and pass 50+ times he’s going to get clocked like Joe Burrow does against us.

13 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Perhaps, but I think the defense certainly benefits from the extra get-off due to the home crowd noise, perhaps more than other teams. It wouldn't be surprising that aggressive yet relatively simple Schwartz defense would thrive with that extra split second to get upfield. 

Obviously there is a home advantage on offense and defense for all teams (that have decent fan bases) with crowd noise.

I just wouldn't go into a game with the Browns on the road and think they will be easily exposed on defense. Nor would I go to Cleveland and think there is no way to do anything against their defense.

Stroud should get his. Their running game could potentially get theirs if they stick with it. The defense should get some wins too. A lot of these playoff games are decided early on the team playing tight. Sometimes they recover.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both teams score on their opening drives and then things get a lot tougher from there.