Orioles Asking for Offers on Machado

mission27

As much as I get the Orioles not wanting to trade Machado in division - and I know they'd get a ton of flack from their fans and the media - they're shooting themselves in the foot if they take a meaningfully lower return than whatever NYY/BOS offer to trade him to a team like the Cardinals, he walks in 10 months, and ends up playing for one of those two teams anyway.  

13 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Why would the White Sox give up a bunch of their recently acquired top prospects for Machado who would likely leave anyways? 

They'd obviously be banking on Machado signing an extension right away.  Their payroll is almost nothing right now and they can afford to pay market value.

The Phillies and White Sox would definitely need Machado to sign an extension as part of the trade.  It makes no sense otherwise.  And I have a very hard time believing he would do that, unless they were willing to blow him away with dollars. 

So that leaves the Cards, Giants, and Yankees.  Sound familiar? 

15 minutes ago, CAS22 said:

They'd obviously be banking on Machado signing an extension right away.  Their payroll is almost nothing right now and they can afford to pay market value.

I guess they need that good faith sure I'll sign but he's signing up for a team that isn't gonna be very good for at least 3 years. I don't know why he's doing that. 

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

The Phillies and White Sox would definitely need Machado to sign an extension as part of the trade.  It makes no sense otherwise.  And I have a very hard time believing he would do that, unless they were willing to blow him away with dollars. 

So that leaves the Cards, Giants, and Yankees.  Sound familiar? 

I missed the Phillies yea same with them no way that happens either. 

Just now, kyle21121 said:

I guess they need that good faith sure I'll sign but he's signing up for a team that isn't gonna be very good for at least 3 years. I don't know why he's doing that. 

Yeah very unlikely.  He's less than a year from free agency and picking his destination and maybe teaming up with Bryce or someone to form a super team, definitely going somewhere he can win.  I don't see why he'd sign a long term deal with a team that is several years away from contending. 

Just now, mission27 said:

Yeah very unlikely.  He's less than a year from free agency and picking his destination and maybe teaming up with Bryce or someone to form a super team, definitely going somewhere he can win.  I don't see why he'd sign a long term deal with a team that is several years away from contending. 

100% especially spending his entire career on a pseudo-contender like the O's who go back and forth between high 80's and low 80's wins and just kinda being there. He's a star player it's not all gonna be about money for him. 

Archived