Orioles Asking for Offers on Machado

mission27

On 12/16/2017 at 8:16 PM, mission27 said:

So this Addison Russell for Machado thing is crazy right? 

I know he played like **** last year but still.

I've heard his name in a few rumors, but man that's a hard piece to let go given his track record, contract and just coming into his prime years...

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

Pointless speculation by a few writers.  Not happening.  

yeah I saw espn had an article about this... guess there just trying to say the cubs should make a move for him. if the cubs did something like Kyle Schwarber as the center piece with Baez or something the O's would be interested. I think if manny said hed be willing to sign an extension after he gets traded there would be a lot more teams interested in him

Just now, flyguy1609 said:

yeah I saw espn had an article about this... guess there just trying to say the cubs should make a move for him. if the cubs did something like Kyle Schwarber as the center piece with Baez or something the O's would be interested. I think if manny said hed be willing to sign an extension after he gets traded there would be a lot more teams interested in him

Which just makes no sense to me.  I mean, EVERY team could use Machado.  He's awesome.  But the Cubs have their infield set for the foreseeable future, and it's a really good one.  

According to MASN's Roch Kubatko, the Cubs' discussions with the Orioles on a potential Manny Machado trade included Addison Russell, Albert Almora, and Mike Montgomery.

It's unclear whether all three players were involved in the same package -- that seems unlikely -- but it probably doesn't matter anyway because Kubatko says "two starting pitchers are a necessity" in any return for Machado. Kubatko echoes a report from Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports that the Orioles may be ready to pull their 25-year-old superstar off the market and try to deal him again over the summer. Machado is scheduled to become a free agent next winter and will likely be seeking a contract worth more than $300 million on the open market. He has also drawn serious interest this offseason from the Cardinals, White Sox, Yankees, Giants, Phillies, and Diamondbacks.

Still can’t help but think that Cleveland is a perfect fit for Machado. He would fit right in at 3B. Huge improvement to the lineup. I know he wants to play SS but I think a couple things help here to convince him to stay at 3B. 1. Will be in a great lineup with a lot of protection around him and should put up great numbers going into a contact year. 2. Signing Yonder Alonso helps gives him a comfort feeling for the one year he is in town. 

13 minutes ago, FEARtheELF said:

Still can’t help but think that Cleveland is a perfect fit for Machado. He would fit right in at 3B. Huge improvement to the lineup. I know he wants to play SS but I think a couple things help here to convince him to stay at 3B. 1. Will be in a great lineup with a lot of protection around him and should put up great numbers going into a contact year. 2. Signing Yonder Alonso helps gives him a comfort feeling for the one year he is in town. 

It would be, but Machado doesn’t really have any say in the matter so seems unlikely.  What would they offer?

11 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

bauer, mckenzie, naquin/zimmer, mid level prospect?

That is probably too much. I would start with Salazar, Clevinger, Yandy Diaz, Naquin. Still with that it would be a tough call for Cleveland to give up some of that rotation depth

On 12/16/2017 at 9:16 PM, mission27 said:

So this Addison Russell for Machado thing is crazy right? 

I know he played like **** last year but still.

Last year? Russell is overrated. He's a weak hitting, slick fielding shortstop. Which is nice, and he'll have a good WAR for a season, but finding someone to replace him isn't that hard. He's not Andrelton Simmons.

21 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Last year? Russell is overrated. He's a weak hitting, slick fielding shortstop. Which is nice, and he'll have a good WAR for a season, but finding someone to replace him isn't that hard. He's not Andrelton Simmons.

He’s like 23 though 

Archived