2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

I find it crazy to think people were so upset by the Vrabel firing. I know several are coming around to it, but I can't understand how anyone can't be more optimistic that were are actually going to have a watchable product on the offensive side of the ball next year. Maybe it won't be lightyears better, but if no change was made we know it wasn't going to be better. 

1 minute ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I find it crazy to think people were so upset by the Vrabel firing. I know several are coming around to it, but I can't understand how anyone can't be more optimistic that were are actually going to have a watchable product on the offensive side of the ball next year. Maybe it won't be lightyears better, but if no change was made we know it wasn't going to be better. 

My problem with your take is that you fail to recognize that we had the best offenses in the history of this organization under a Vrabel coached team, or you'll just shrug it under the rug by saying, oh he had a great roster. All the while criticizing him for everything else under the sun that may or may not be his fault.

Either way, Vrabes is gone, I'll miss him. Next man up.

• Like 1

I get what you are saying about a previous team, I am saying with the team we have he doesn't know, or won't allow them to do something different to be better. It's smash mouth and that's it with him. Like I said we might get something similar...but we might not. 

50 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm liking the idea of Brian Callahan. Seems like a good fit. 

Not flashy. But proven and good background. 

If he can bring his dad to fix the o-line, might be worth it for that alone. If nothing else, we won't have to watch Will Levis die on the field next season.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I think my list for right now is:

Ben Johnson

Callahan

Slowik

Pierce

Johnson

Macdonald

Starting to hear as I dig around, that Slowik might not be ready yet to be a head coach. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Starting to hear as I dig around, that Slowik might not be ready yet to be a head coach. 

Yea I think he’s goin to end up doin what Ben Johnson did last year and be an OC for another year.

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

it could be true, but people said this about almost all of the whiz kids from the shanahan/mcvay tree and almost all of them are killing it lol. i think brandon staley is legit the only failure from that tree right now, which is a pretty insane track record. shanahan, mcvay, lafleur, mcdaniel, o'connell, taylor, ryans all fall in the good-to-great range.

Edited by -Hope-

Snooping around in the Lions forum I found out that Ben Johnson created the whole playbook around Goffs strengths. We definitely need somebody that knows how to play to his players strengths instead trying to force them into a system that doesn’t fit them. 

They also said that he doesn’t knw if he’s goin to take any of the interviews that have been requested

Edited by 615finest
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

me thinking about what Ben Johnson could do with NWI

m_nP8M.gif

It’s a sad bit of irony what he’s done with Amon St. Brown, Josh Reynolds and Khalif Raymond, all who you could argue should be on the current roster.

• Like 1