2024 Titans HC Coaching Search

KingTitan

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

adam peters/ben johnson combo is a hell of a glow up for the commanders. makes sense for johnson to go there, he’ll have some weapons and a shot at williams or maye

Washington is an extremely appealing destination.  I think it's just behind SD in appeal, because of that draft pick.

They have a pretty good roster too, so putting a QB and the rest of that draft capital to work there is a recipe for a good team, quickly.

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’ll pass then… move on to Evans if Tee is tagged. If not Evans, then I guess we’re screwed at trying to land a 1/high end #2. 

I follow a Bucs reporter account Jon Ledyard.... and he is very adamant that Mike Evans is not going anywhere. He was like that at the start of the year when the talks where he would be traded, he shot it down the loudest.  

Which turned out to be true. 

I'm looking at Gabe Davis. 

If they're not on the market then it is what it is, but if a Evans/Higgins type hits FA and we don't outbid everyone for them, we're a foolish franchise. Our needs at WR, OL and DB are vast. Being able to knock out a pressing need at any of those positions is something we must do if able. Make Mike Evans or Tee Higgins among the highest paid, I don't care, if they're available. Make it so we don't go in to the draft needing both a high end receiver, a high end tackle and a ton of DBs. 

Don't let the 90-100m just sit there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If they're not on the market then it is what it is, but if a Evans/Higgins type hits FA and we don't outbid everyone for them, we're a foolish franchise. Our needs at WR, OL and DB are vast. Being able to knock out a pressing need at any of those positions is something we must do if able. Make Mike Evans or Tee Higgins among the highest paid, I don't care, if they're available. Make it so we don't go in to the draft needing both a high end receiver, a high end tackle and a ton of DBs. 

If we were to get Ben Johnson, I feel he wouldn't need "top tier" WR's.  He is has a top offense with Josh Reynolds, Khalif Raymond contributing heavily or DJ Chark types. 
Helps to have St. Brown and LaPorta and Williams. 
But I think Johnson could turn an average or slightly below average WR room to great due to scheme. 

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Mmmhmm. Specifically with Tee Higgins, as I said last night, guys his age, with his talent, production and potential rarely hit free agency. If he hits free agency, do whatever it takes to get him, even with the slight injury concerns. Give him the contract that AJ should’ve gotten here.

I feel the same to a lesser degree about L’Jarius Sneed and Jaylon Johnson.

13 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Mmmhmm. Specifically with Tee Higgins, as I said last night, guys his age, with his talent, production and potential rarely hit free agency. If he hits free agency, do whatever it takes to get him, even with the slight injury concerns. Give him the contract that AJ should’ve gotten here.

I feel the same to a lesser degree about L’Jarius Sneed and Jaylon Johnson.

Don't know about Sneed, but Pace has said Johnson isn't going anywhere. They have the money so no reason why he shouldn't stay. Even if he tries to force his way out, they will just tag him and ask for a crazy draft pick. 

Sneed maybe, I haven't seen any news about him, but I know he will have a big market.