New OC Candidates - Workin towards Waldron (pg 18)

StLunatic88

Admittedly Ive been focusing on proven and known commodities as our Next OC. I think that is the way to go regardless of who the QB is, as they need to put in someone who you know what they can do, would be hard for me to trust another completely unproven in the situation we are in. So heres who I think are the Top options, toss in who you would like, and maybe who Ive missed;

1. Greg Roman
  2. Eric Bieniemy
  3. Frank Reich
  4. Kellen Moore
  5. Darrell Bevell

Ive also thought about Klint Kubiak and Zac Robinbson, but I just cant get myself to go with Young and Unproven right now

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I'd love Bienemy, but I think he's too mean and honest for the franchise and may hurt a few feelings, so I'll say Bevell would be my top choice

Haha. I hadnt thought about that, but you may be right. Although maybe thats exactly what they all need?

I think if we are sticking with Justin, but especially if we are going with Caleb, Bieniemy HAS to be the guy. (Roman is probably better for JF) 

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

If they are going the Caleb Williams route, I've seen Kliff Kingsbury's name floated on twitter considering he's Calebs QB coach now.

He's their Senior Offensive Analyst

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Kliff Kingsbury would be wild...

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

If they are going the Caleb Williams route, I've seen Kliff Kingsbury's name floated on twitter considering he's Calebs QB coach now.

Handt thought about that. Would make some sense, he's bounced around a bunch so I bet he wouldnt be all that scared of the situation. But did you like enough of what he did with the Cardinals to go that way? Id probably have to dig back in, but I never really was crazy about those teams, althought I never thought they were awful either

I think there are a ton of good solid options out there right now...

Free Agent

Greg Roman 

Non-play calling OC

Frank Smith

Brian Callahan

Mike LaFleur

Fire HC OC

Kellen Moore

Tim Kelly

Thomas Brown

Assistants

Darrell Bevell

Kevin Patullo

Zac Robinson

Greg Olson

Klint Kubiak

Dan Pitcher

• Like 1

If we are actually looking to keep some of the Running Game guys (those that werent yet fired) Frank Reich seems like the perfect fit for that.

He could be the guy to come in, establish an actual offense, and then hand it off in a few years? (assuming they are successful) 

I think that could also be a very good set up to also bring in Chase Daniel as a QB coach. Guy clearly sees it in JF, seems to have a plan to correct what needs correcting, and he is a respected QB mind around the league. And there is the Mizzou connection as well