New OC Candidates - Workin towards Waldron (pg 18)

StLunatic88

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

If we pull this off it will be great…he is the best candidate out there IMO…just hope it is realistic to get him.

Why? Seattle's offense sucked this year. From week 4 on: 26th in points per drive, 28th in touchdowns per drive, 30th in red zone efficiency

Edited by beardown3231

21 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

As a QB coach? Basically what he was doing for most of his NFL Career? Hardly handing him the keys to the car

Lots of guys can play a sport but can't coach it. Chase might be a great coach someday. But the Bears can't afford to hire another staff with minimal experience.

The next QB coach needs to overhaul Fields' mechanics and tendencies. Chase has never shown he can do that at any level. If the Bears want to invest in Fields, they should get him a coach with a proven track record.

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Why? Seattle's offense sucked this year. From week 4 on: 26th in points per drive, 28th in touchdowns per drive, 30th in red zone efficiency

TBF I think Smith's 2022 was an outlier. He WAY outperformed anyone's expectations. With a combination of DK, Lockett, and JSN there no reason for the passing attack to be so mid. OL is far from great but looks to be about as mid as you could get.

45 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

TBF I think Smith's 2022 was an outlier. He WAY outperformed anyone's expectations. With a combination of DK, Lockett, and JSN there no reason for the passing attack to be so mid. OL is far from great but looks to be about as mid as you could get.

Their passing game moved the ball fine (4167 pass yards), but their run game was abysmal (~30 ypg less in 2023 than 2022, largely due to Walker being hurt a bunch) and hurt them in the RZ a lot. Geno wasn’t as good either. 

Interesting point on Waldron as well is some of the people on his staff...

Sanjay Lal is his current WR coach was interviewed here when Getsy did for the OC job.

Greg Olson is one of the coaches who I really like around the league and gives you some protection if Waldron left as he has experience of being an OC.

11 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

I don't care about the OC.  He/she needs to highlight JF1's skill set and design plays that use his skill to score points.

Yardage matters just a little bit..... Scoring matters the most.  It's the line between winning and losing a game.

Fields isn't going to be back, dude

32 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

I don't care about the OC.  He/she needs to highlight JF1's skill set and design plays that use his skill to score points.

Yardage matters just a little bit..... Scoring matters the most.  It's the line between winning and losing a game.

You can't say that Getsy wasn't right because he didn't develop Fields and called the wrong plays and then say you don't care about the OC.

18 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Did you make sure the lie detector straps were properly attached when you determined that Poles was 100% truthful in all his answers

Also, he answered to say he hadn't engaged with anyone, that doesn't mean Kevin Warren or some other team rep didn't do it behind the scenes.  He is of course going to say they did not have any doubts about Flus because they want their bet to succeed.  They don't want to demoralize him or the fanbase by saying "well we doubted him but we couldn't convince anyone else to join"

YES I even got Ralph from the Maury show 

the Harbaugh stuff was borderline I said, what I am referring to are the OC answers given by both poles and flus; this was genuine openness. They do not have someone in place and plan to utilize exploratory methods/means in the interview processing to pinpoint a candidate. This was HONEST 

my point is how can they go all in w Flus without having the perfect OC or 2 ALREADY IDENTIFIED and already having contract talks

This self-belief Poles has is unsettling for me, its like he believes his 'system' cannot fail but it ALREADY HAS

18 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ooook now we’ve gone off the deep end

You want to call him one of the hottest/most sought after right now? The most fawned over (especially by Bears fans, in the almost creepy “Michigan Man” way) yea I’ll give you that. But even with THE best Coach on the planet retiring today, he’s still not that high  

He’s Not even the best coach in his own family

JHs coaching is elite, top 5 status Its not even a debate bro

His brother is top 5 as well 👍🏻

Can you name 5 current  better coaches ? I can't 

5 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

the Harbaugh stuff was borderline I said, what I am referring to are the OC answers given by both poles and flus; this was genuine openness. They do not have someone in place and plan to utilize exploratory methods/means in the interview processing to pinpoint a candidate. This was HONEST 

my point is how can they go all in w Flus without having the perfect OC or 2 ALREADY IDENTIFIED and already having contract talks

This self-belief Poles has is unsettling for me, its like he believes his 'system' cannot fail but it ALREADY HAS

Here's the thing. Just because he didn't say what the plan was doesn't mean that there isn't a plan. If he outlines who he is interested in it gives other teams a heads up as to who they are bidding against. There are a lot of things that are not said to the public. It doesn't mean that there is no plan.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Smartest person in the room syndrome...My favorable opinion of Poles is going south fast...

Edited by dafreak

8 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Here's the thing. Just because he didn't say what the plan was doesn't mean that there isn't a plan. If he outlines who he is interested in it gives other teams a heads up as to who they are bidding against. There are a lot of things that are not said to the public. It doesn't mean that there is no plan.

He DID say what the plan was ! And there may be a short list to start off with but this will be another analytics and also 'human'  'exploratory' process 

so in other words, probably another whiteboard darling with great character with no heavy play-calling experience, much less previous play-calling success

13 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

He DID say what the plan was ! And there may be a short list to start off with but this will be another analytics and also 'human'  'exploratory' process 

so in other words, probably another whiteboard darling with great character with no heavy play-calling experience, much less previous play-calling success

Or he said what he wanted the public to believe what the plan was. Including other GMs as not to tip his hand.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

JHs coaching is elite, top 5 status Its not even a debate bro

His brother is top 5 as well 👍🏻

Can you name 5 current  better coaches ? I can't 

Would you like all of football or just NFL?

Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh, Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan just off the top. Thats not even including the guys who dont currently have jobs (Belichick/Carroll) And even after that, at his best, hes around Mike Vrabel and Sean McDermott. There is a reason he left the NFL guys.

And if you wanted to say College, sure hes Top 5 there. But before Saban just retired he for sure wasnt Top 3 (Saban, Kirby Smart and Dabo Sweeny are all ahead of him) he is fighting for the 4/5 spot with Brian Kelly and Kyle Whittingham to me. 

The stroke job he gets because he is a football weirdo just baffles me. Hes a good coach, but he will be leaving just about every job he's had in trouble when he bolts.