New OC Candidates - Workin towards Waldron (pg 18)

StLunatic88

Just now, Epyon said:

They only have to request for people already on an nfl staff iirc

As i said above they may want to interview Kingsbury just to get info on Caleb, and that requires no formal request

Even if they love Caleb...keep Kingsbury away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Even if they love Caleb...keep Kingsbury away.

I'm not entirely opposed to it, given how it would smooth Caleb's transition to the NFL..... but I wouldn't want him anywhere near Fields.

There are definitely better prospects for the OC job though. That said, still he's an invaluable asset for information, given his familiarity with the scheme caleb runs, caleb himself, and trying to translate that scheme to the NFL and translate a QB from that scheme to the NFL.

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

I'm not entirely opposed to it, given how it would smooth Caleb's transition to the NFL..... but I wouldn't want him anywhere near Fields.

There are definitely better prospects for the OC job though. That said, still he's an invaluable asset for information, given his familiarity with the scheme caleb runs, caleb himself, and trying to translate that scheme to the NFL and translate a QB from that scheme to the NFL.

I just think his offence was found out in Arizona...don't want that here.

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I just think his offence was found out in Arizona...don't want that here.

They went crazy on WR investment as well, and still had trouble with it (which would be really rough here given the lack of weapons outside of Moore/Kmet currently around). But yeah... you still interview the guy, just to get the above information.

Hell, just generally speaking they should be casting a wide net on interviews.... let a bunch of people do prep work for you with outside evaluations of Fields, QB prospects, and your offense/roster as a whole.  Even guys you aren't super interested in hiring might be able too give you valuable info or perspectives.

Edited by Epyon

8 minutes ago, Epyon said:

He was OC in Minnesota in '21 after his dad retired... Did he not call plays then?

**** I totally forgot about that

You might just be right. Zimmer was the coach so I'd think Kubiak did call plays

Their offense in 2021 was about average which I guess beats what the Bears always are

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

**** I totally forgot about that

You might just be right. Zimmer was the coach so I'd think Kubiak did call plays

Their offense in 2021 was about average which I guess beats what the Bears always are

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/2021.htm

Moore in the JJ role. KJ Osborn as a FA in the slot with scheme familiarity and a rookie 1st rounder in the Thielen spot? I’m down for that with whichever QB. 

5 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Debo is a much better College Coach than Harbaugh, he is doing this at CLEMSON, a wasteland before he got there. And Kyle Whittingham is the most underrated coach in all of college football, the fact that he is anywhere close to these other teams while coaching at Utah is a testament to that. Harbaugh underachieved his entire time at Michigan (one of the true powerhouse programs in College) until the last 3 years.

Jim Harbaugh hasnt coached in the NFL in nearly a decade, and is likely bringing with him the mindset of someone in 2015, which is completely behind the 8ball at this point. Until he has proven that he has adapted to the newst age of the NFL, putting him with Vrabel and McDermott (guys who have actually won in the league recently) is more than fair, and not a slight in the least. You are putting him on a pedestal that he has yet to deserve at this point, as nothing he has done at Michigan says that he is ready for this era of the NFL

agree to strongly disagree ✌🏻

6 hours ago, dafreak said:

Another smart interview to have…knows the scheme inside & out, has good connections around the league for a potential staff, play calling experience & has just spent time with the most explosive offence in the NFL…

Interview Darrell Bevell after this and then pick from the 3 guys IMO…no need to over complicate it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, anonymousGM said:

I'm surprised that I haven't heard one word about Lincoln Riley

I guess Kingsbury would be the de facto play-caller that you could get from his staff, but Riley is in just as good of a position as anyone to move to the NFL from college

I really liked him at Oklahoma, but he could get axed next year at USC if they are not a top team. 

3 minutes ago, anonymousGM said:

I guess Kingsbury would be the de facto play-caller that you could get from his staff, but Riley is in just as good of a position as anyone to move to the NFL from college

I really liked him at Oklahoma, but he could get axed next year at USC if they are not a top team. 

You mean as an OC? Or do you mean the Bears decide on Williams and then make a late fire/hire at HC to get Riley in for Williams (or being the 2025 replacement for Flubby if he gets axed then)?