2023 Divisonal Round: NFC 7) Green Bay Packers @ 1) San Francisco 49ers

Manny/Patrick

2023 Divisonal Round: NFC 7) Green Bay Packers @ 1) San Francisco 49ers  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• GB
    • SF

6 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

Hah, I thought the same thing. As a Packer fan you get really used to this sort of thing. 

"So and so has never lead a game running drive when the down by 4 points in 20 attempts" or " Team so and so has never won when QB has thrown 4 picks". 

The Packers help a lot of teams break some really weird negative records.  

I'm gonna need Love to lead the Packers to the Superbowl opposite the Jaguars.  For a real big, "The Jaguars have never won the Super Bowl" statistic drop.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

It's almost like he's intentionally taking provocative stances

He is, it's how people like Bayless, Stephen a, acho, etc get the engagement. That's the game

5 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I guess i'm just fortunate to live within an easy walk of 24 hour McDs, Wendy's and a couple actual Pizza joints that are just a quick train hop open 'till 2am.

I just really can't fathom looking at that 7-11 food and being like, "yes, i would like to ingest this".  It just seems like such a bad idea.  I'd rather just go home and pull something out of the freezer.

I’ve had gas station glizzies before, also surprisingly not that bad lol

13 minutes ago, Alex Flood said:

He has an obsession with trying to be the smartest man in the room which is why he hates that Brock’s proving him wrong.

Every time Brock had a perfect passer rating he’d tell us he wants to see Brock come from behind with one of his “avengers” out. Well he did that tonight & instead of acknowledging he was wrong he continues to throw shots at Brock.

Dude has the maturity level of a teenage boy when it comes to sports.

There are so many of these "social media" personalities in the sport these days, that i just don't have any clue who they are.  I'm sure there are some good ones out there, but by and large...it feels like these types only grab smoke by making outrageous claims and trying to stick to them even when they're collapsing around them.  It's all just "hot take" culture elevated.

4 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I'm gonna need Love to lead the Packers to the Superbowl opposite the Jaguars.  For a real big, "The Jaguars have never won the Super Bowl" statistic drop.

Eh, good thought but not negative enough. Try "The Jaguars have never won the Super Bowl when down by any points." That's a sure fire SB in the making there. 

Edited by BluePacker
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

Eh, good thought but not negative enough. Try "The Jaguars have never won the Super Bowl when down by any points." That's a sure fire SB in the making there. 

Ahhh...Got it.  Nuance is important in these things.  Don't want a "monkey paw" sort of scenario reflecting back on you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

That was the most Jimmy g game I've ever seen Brock Purdy play 

Very true and maybe he ends up pooping his pants. It's the dude's first year starting lol.

I've white knighted for Brock all year, but I really don't have a vested interest apart from wanting to avoid the victory laps of folks looking to use small sample sizes. But I will openly admit this was a tough game, especially visually for Brock.

🐎

But let me make a poker analogy. You get dealt AA vs KK and all the money gets in. You are 80/20 to win and you feel great. Always the right decision, no matter what.

But you know when that 20% chance of losing hits? Not when the shortstacked guy with 10bb calls you for 50 bucks, but when you are 1000bb deep or the tournament is on the line. That's the playoffs. 

And furthermore - when that 20% hits, it's not always just a nice clean K on the flop, where the balloon gets popped immediately. It's the runner runner backdoor flush or straight BS. Sometimes, it looks so much grosser even when it's the same result, effectively.

I don't think you change your strategy entirely because you get coolered (this is my McCarthy argument). You put your money in with the guy who's performed at an MVP level all year. And when you get terrible results, you analyze the play. Enough obvious leaks and you adjust, but otherwise sometimes bad beats just happen. 

This felt like a bad beat game. He was completely off today. Whether it was the weather, moment, whatever - Idk that I trust it to continue.

And even if I'm dead wrong and he completely melts down next week again - I can't see how he's not top 10 going into next year. People talking about they would have to move on from him, but he's certainly got to have earned a chance to start for the foreseeable future imo.

edit- idk why i quoted you then just went off on a tangent but w/e

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Hmmm...yeah this was worse than I thought on replay. 

some QB's live for the moment, others just somehow collapse.  Too bad since he played good the rest of the game but if he has this issue in crunch time, then thats it .

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Maybe purdy is JimmyG on  a rookie contract.  That extra cap allows another 1-2 studs on other positions

Nah, he's better than Jimmy. Jimmy had no ability off schedule and no creativity, couldn't throw down field outside the numbers and Purdy is a little smarter. 

But the things that Jimmy did well, Purdy doesn't do any better, if that makes sense?  Purdy just adds a little extra something. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Very true and maybe he ends up pooping his pants. It's the dude's first year starting lol.

I've white knighted for Brock all year, but I really don't have a vested interest apart from wanting to avoid the victory laps of folks looking to use small sample sizes. But I will openly admit this was a tough game, especially visually for Brock.

🐎

But let me make a poker analogy. You get dealt AA vs KK and all the money gets in. You are 80/20 to win and you feel great. Always the right decision, no matter what.

But you know when that 20% chance of losing hits? Not when the shortstacked guy with 10bb calls you for 50 bucks, but when you are 1000bb deep or the tournament is on the line. That's the playoffs. 

And furthermore - when that 20% hits, it's not always just a nice clean K on the flop, where the balloon gets popped immediately. It's the runner runner backdoor flush or straight BS. Sometimes, it looks so much grosser even when it's the same result, effectively.

I don't think you change your strategy entirely because you get coolered (this is my McCarthy argument). You put your money in with the guy who's performed at an MVP level all year. And when you get terrible results, you analyze the play. Enough obvious leaks and you adjust, but otherwise sometimes bad beats just happen. 

This felt like a bad beat game. He was completely off today. Whether it was the weather, moment, whatever - Idk that I trust it to continue.

And even if I'm dead wrong and he completely melts down next week again - I can't see how he's not top 10 going into next year. People talking about they would have to move on from him, but he's certainly got to have earned a chance to start for the foreseeable future imo.

edit- idk why i quoted you then just went off on a tangent but w/e

I wrote all this crap and Purdy's line actually ain't even that bad -

59% 266 totYards 1td 0to 86.7rtg (with a dime to Kittle for the TD)

I would have sworn that dude was at like 40-50% comp and sub 200 yards with like a 50 rtg based off the eye test lol (and he had some drops). Idk why I'm rushing to defend him. His misses were UGLY tho lol.

Game wasn't great but it was a better line than Stroud or Love today lol