Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Green Bay Packers

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

I actually think they ride CMC hard the next three games. Two games and then a bye week coming off of three weeks rest. I dont expect him to come off the field much. 

The bigger addition to the run game is Jauan Jennings. I don't think there is any packers defender that wants that Jennings smoke. 

CMC having 2 weeks off is huge. He should be fresh for the playoffs

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Mckivitz going to have to come to play. I'm assuming that they line Gary up on him frequently. I'm 21, I think he had three sacks against Compton. 

Mckivitz is the weak link in the line, so may have to give him some help

Yeah, compton got his a$$ kicked in that game. He could not handle the bull rush and the packers put him on skates. Jimmy took a beating in that game, and I think it was a big reason why he played so poorly the following week (on top of already being injured!). 

20 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

No, because I was too young to remember those and I vividly remember in 1999 being 8 and asking my dad and grandpa how it was allowed for us to lose when one of your players fumbled, and then the same dumb team has ruined my adulthood playoff runs 4 times, so I'm going to need this one. Thanks guys.

You were only 8 years old in 1999?  Yikes.  You are making me feel ancient.  I just turned 70 last Sunday...  💀

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

As mentioned many times, if we don’t win the SB this year I don’t think we win one with Kyle, we will start off hot against GB, I expect them to receive if they win the coin toss, they will want to establish a lead. Let’s just hope for a great game

I'll never agree with this take. I get the optics of losing again would be bad but I think there will always be some level of luck that factors into football games. This luck only gets more exaggerated the closer teams are in skill level. Take for example the Ravens game from earlier this year. How different of a game would it be if 3 of Brock's 4 INTs weren't deflections that just bounced up into the air into a defender's hands? Sometimes breaks happen towards us and sometimes breaks happen against us. I do think we have the best team we've had in forever so our reliance on luck breaking our way shouldn't be as high but it'll still be a factor regardless (unless the team just ****s the bed and sucks at a football level). But as long as they come out and play as hard as they can I think a Shanny team will always have a shot at winning a Superbowl.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Geek said:

I'll never agree with this take. I get the optics of losing again would be bad but I think there will always be some level of luck that factors into football games. This luck only gets more exaggerated the closer teams are in skill level. Take for example the Ravens game from earlier this year. How different of a game would it be if 3 of Brock's 4 INTs weren't deflections that just bounced up into the air into a defender's hands? Sometimes breaks happen towards us and sometimes breaks happen against us. I do think we have the best team we've had in forever so our reliance on luck breaking our way shouldn't be as high but it'll still be a factor regardless (unless the team just ****s the bed and sucks at a football level). But as long as they come out and play as hard as they can I think a Shanny team will always have a shot at winning a Superbowl.

Well if the Niners don't win the SB this year it will be just one more year of waiting for next year. How many more "next years" do the Niners really have left in them? Since 1994 the Niners have squandered too many opportunities to win a SB and this will just add to that. The only real hope is that if Brock Purdy continues to get even better and be able to carry the Niners offense on his back and single handily win games for them which I'm not sure he can. 

Just now, Forge said:

Packers hoping to get Alexander back at practice tomorrow

Need to run some double moves on him to test his ankle. Not easy to plant and change directions with a messed up ankle. Hell of a player though, glad he will be likely playing on Saturday night. 

35 minutes ago, Geek said:

This is the best QB play he will get given the situation, with this Brock we win 3 outta 4 SB in the past 4 years, its on him to coach the team

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

It's been quite a day for the Packers, its local media, and a good portion of Packers' Twitter lol. 

Lot's of peacocking happening right now and it's all one-sided. 

Yeah, they have nothing to lose. I get it, but they can easily be making themselves look real dumb come Saturday night.