2023 AFC Divisional: (3) Kansas City Chiefs @ (2) Buffalo Bills

Chiefs or Bills   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Chiefs or Bills

• Chiefs
    • Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/21/2024 at 11:00 PM

Kansas city seems to be on the gradual decline. Even last year they were fortunate to beat cincy (numerous missed holding calls and cincy discipline lapses) and were probably one play away (Philly false start on 3rd & short that eventually led to Bolton scoop and score) from losing the super bowl. They are obviously worse this year offensively with the offensive line concerns and average wr unit.

With all that said, the defense is a legitimate force to be reckoned with, but at some point the burden takes its toll. Josh Allen breaks down quality schemes and personnel with raw size and ability. Furthermore  Brady has them running the ball more effectively. I don't see how the chiefs win this game aside from their defense playing excellent. The bills front is healthy and their offense is a tier above the chiefs.

Edited by Howler

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

Why would I be jealous of a team that’s never won anything? They’ve gone as far as the Rex Ryan/ Marc Sanchez Jets, and they had a more impressive playoff win.

Peyton was the best player in the league at his peak, Allen never was on that level lol. Lol at 40 TD seasons while also leading the nfl in turnovers 

Because they've won the division the Bills/Pats both play in the last 4 years and for the foreseeable future the Bills will be on top and Pats near the bottom. 

Allen is definitely one of the best players in the league and lead the entire NFL in touchdowns and total yards. Allen had more rushing TDs than CMC, Henry, Montegomery and every other RB not named Mostert. And more passing TDs Tua, Lamar, Mahomes, Hurts, Stroud, etc. I get you hate Allen a lot but stop trying so hard.

Not turning this KC/Bills thread into another argument about Allen with you, but good luck with the high draft pick and we'll see you next year.

17 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

I won’t “tap dance”.

And I don’t understand why being compared to Philip rivers who will get HOF votes is seen as some gross insult. 

Because you're using it as an insult and you know you are lol. 

29 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

He’s faced worst teams and defenses but ok. Allen never faced a team as good as the 2007 Pats, or a defense as good as the 2008 Steelers or 2009 Jets.

it’s not really unfair. Two top 5-7 guys who were gunslingers  and very turnover prone. Never won mvps, never were first team all pro, never went to SB, and were never the best QB. 

Stop using past tense. 

Rivers had a 17 year career and never accomplished any of those in his 17 year NFL career.

Allen has completed 5 seasons and is on his 6th season where he has a chance to go to the SB. 

You comparing a 5 year career to a 17 year career is hilarious.

Edited by The BILLievers

I actually think the Josh Allen to Rivers comp is a decent one. Like a hyper-athletic version of Rivers. 

phil was a great QB that’s not a knock, hopefully Josh can break the franchise curse that Phil couldn’t do for the Chargers. Just not this weekend. 

30 minutes ago, Howler said:

Kansas city seems to be on the gradual decline. Even last year they were fortunate to beat cincy (numerous missed holding calls and cincy discipline lapses) and were probably one play away (Philly false start on 3rd & short that eventually led to Bolton scoop and score) from losing the super bowl. They are obviously worse this year offensively with the offensive line concerns and average wr unit.

With all that said, the defense is a legitimate force to be reckoned with, but at some point the burden takes its toll. Josh Allen breaks down quality schemes and personnel with raw size and ability. Furthermore  Brady has them running the ball more effectively. I don't see how the chiefs win this game aside from their defense playing excellent. The bills front is healthy and their offense is a tier above the chiefs.

I mean They had the greatest offensive line performance in superbowl history and barely won.  That line looked like the 91 redskins against that eagles historic front 7 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1

As for the game, the injury report for the Bills defense will be huge. They sustained a lot of injuries all season long + last week, but it sounds like Rasul Douglas and Tyrel Dodson will play. A bunch of other players are deemed "day-to-day" by McDermott and it'll be key to see who plays. Out of all the players day to day I would say Taron Johnson is the most important one for the Bills to get back for this game. 

To me this game will be similar to the 2021 13 seconds match up. I think Allen and the offense are locked in and will score points at home. Somewhere between 27-35 points imo, the key will be can Mahomes find the Mahomes playoff magic and take this offense with not as many weapons into Western NY and get out with a W. 

Almost expecting to lose because that's typically what happens when the Bills play KC in the playoffs but I think the game being in Buffalo for once, Allen playing good ball, and McDermott being the defensive coordinator / play caller will help Bills squeak out a 31-27 victory. 

EDIT: also, the Bills should start feeding the ball to Kincaid, Shakir and James Cook all game if Snead is Diggs. All super talented and young playmakers.

Edited by The BILLievers
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Stop using past tense. 

Rivers had a 17 year career and never accomplished any of those in his 17 year NFL career.

Allen has completed 5 seasons and is on his 6th season where he has a chance to go to the SB. 

You comparing a 5 year career to a 17 year career is hilarious.

Their resumes are shockingly similar. Unlike the Favre Allen comparisons which are nonsense. Favre was literally a first ballot HOF by the end of year 7 lmao

Edited by CP3MVP

I am going Bills 28-20.

I think Douglas plays which will help if Benford can't. I also think the Bills will use a lot of Dime defense with Poyer near the LOS and Hyde and Rapp in the backend.

The major key is Taron Johnson....if he's out the Bills will struggle. Especially in the MOF. McDermott needs to find a way to make sure Dodson and Klein are not matched up with Kelce. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

I am going Bills 28-20.

I think Douglas plays which will help if Benford can't. I also think the Bills will use a lot of Dime defense with Poyer near the LOS and Hyde and Rapp in the backend.

The major key is Taron Johnson....if he's out the Bills will struggle. Especially in the MOF. McDermott needs to find a way to make sure Dodson and Klein are not matched up with Kelce. 

I mean teams are regularly double, triple and quadruple teaming on Kelce, so I’d suggest doing that if you want to do what everybody else is doing to shut down Kelce. 

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean teams are regularly double, triple and quadruple teaming on Kelce, so I’d suggest doing that if you want to do what everybody else is doing to shut down Kelce. 

I think McDermott will just have the stadium play Taylor Swift before every 3rd down play and Kelce will mentally take himself out of the game. 

3 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Wit mecole, and rice out there double teaming kelce isn't going to work anymore, and with the bills linebacker banged up I think kelce has  a day.

7 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think McDermott will just have the stadium play Taylor Swift before every 3rd down play and Kelce will mentally take himself out of the game. 

It’ll probably hype him up, 50-50 on that one working or not.  

7 minutes ago, Nobellythrower said:

Wit mecole, and rice out there double teaming kelce isn't going to work anymore, and with the bills linebacker banged up I think kelce has  a day.

Mecole can’t track a deep ball, so I’d just leave him open and he’ll just lose sight of it