2023 AFC Divisional: (3) Kansas City Chiefs @ (2) Buffalo Bills

Chiefs or Bills   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Chiefs or Bills

• Chiefs
    • Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/21/2024 at 11:00 PM

Just now, WizeGuy said:

I doubt either fanbase feels good about it. It's a 50/50 game!

As a Chiefs fan, I am always nervous playing a Josh Allen led Bills team. I am glad we will have some of our horses that were out for our last game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nicfre2011 said:

As a Chiefs fan, I am always nervous playing a Josh Allen led Bills team. I am glad we will have some of our horses that were out for our last game.

As a Bills fan, the feeling is mutual in regard to Mahomes and the Chiefs. Pretty cool little rivalry we have brewing. This won't be that last time these two teams meet in the playoffs, and they've been fairly evenly matched over the years, so expect more stress on the heart! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

As a Bills fan, the feeling is mutual in regard to Mahomes and the Chiefs. Pretty cool little rivalry we have brewing. This won't be that last time these two teams meet in the playoffs, and they've been fairly evenly matched over the years, so expect more stress on the heart! 

I was in KC the weekend of that Divisional game a couple years ago, and there was a nice vibe all around thr Union Station/Power & Light district area.. Bills jerseys EVERYWHERE but I didn't see any hostility. This should be one of the best non-division rivalries in the league for a long time

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, adamq said:

I was in KC the weekend of that Divisional game a couple years ago, and there was a nice vibe all around thr Union Station/Power & Light district area.. Bills jerseys EVERYWHERE but I didn't see any hostility. This should be one of the best non-division rivalries in the league for a long time

Maybe this is anecdotal to me personally, but I don't know that I know any Chiefs fan that considers either Buffalo or Cinci a heated rival.

Not because they aren't competitive, but because they are both likeable teams that I have no reason to cheer against apart from seeding/playoff implications. They are like, healthy competition, and I look at them similarly to the Ravens this year, for example. A great team that should probably be favored against us, but nothing personal if we lose. They were just better /shrug.

A heated rival imo is someone you want to lose, even when it doesn't matter. Like the Raiders.

I want them to lose even when they are going through the pains of down years and I feel no sympathy whatsoever haha. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Maybe this is anecdotal to me personally, but I don't know that I know any Chiefs fan that considers either Buffalo or Cinci a heated rival.

Not because they aren't competitive, but because they are both likeable teams that I have no reason to cheer against apart from seeding/playoff implications. They are like, healthy competition, and I look at them similarly to the Ravens this year, for example. A great team that should probably be favored against us, but nothing personal if we lose. They were just better /shrug.

A heated rival imo is someone you want to lose, even when it doesn't matter. Like the Raiders.

I want them to lose even when they are going through the pains of down years and I feel no sympathy whatsoever haha. 

Losing to them in the playoffs would breed more heated contempt. 

As a Chiefs fan, I hate when they lose to the Bengals. Maybe it's because of all their trash talk. Buffalo players aren't really like that, I don't feel. Happy to be there kind of group of fans, although I'm sure they're quite tired of Mahomes and the Chiefs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I strongly dislike the Bengals. Mostly Ja'Marr Chase driven, but still.

The Bills are pretty cool, though. Wouldn't mind seeing them win it all this year. Passionate fan base that hasn't experienced that. Feels too similar to us prior to 2019 to really hate them. We had won Superbowl IV, but like, who was really around for that and the 2019 win? Bills had their tragic losses in the 90s, while we had ours in the 00s and early to mid 10s. But, there's shared ground there, is my point.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Losing to them in the playoffs would breed more heated contempt. 

Probably?

Can't say it wouldn't but I don't know bc we lost to Cinci and I think most people in KC like Cinci overall, sans Chase + Apple but thats more player specific than franchise specific. 

We also lost to the Bucs in the SB and the Pats in 18, and don't see any contempt for those franchises.

But Buff would have beaten us a bunch of times now (i think it would be like 4-3 in mahomes era? not 100% sure offhand), so maybe it would, but how can you really hate a franchise that has gone 0/4 in SBs and hasn't been in like 30 years, who went through the same miserable seasons we did in the early 10s?

They are due and would deserve it if they win it imo. 

24 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Welp. Scratch that, guess I'm full of it lol

Maybe it's just time for me to embrace the heel role.

There is a general lack of contentiousness between the AFC’s groups, IMO. Not competitiveness, but the contempt of like Pats/Colts or Pats/Ravens isn’t really there like it used to be. At least to me, shrug. 

Might be because the three teams in discussion are kinda “new on the block” and haven’t had a ton of overall success as franchises, so they’re way more respectful lol. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Dude what, Cinci talks all the trash, it definitely gets heated with them. Plus their fans feed into the trash talk too. If any rivalry is heated it’s with them. Between the Burrowhead comments and the Cinci mayor saying Burrow was Mahomes’ father. I don’t remember Kelce calling the Buffalo mayor a Jabroni on live television lmao. I feel bad for AfC North fans who have had to deal with them for decades. 

I hope they lose all the games, and I loved the fact that the Chiefs beating them essentially ended their season, again. They’ve almost overtaken the Broncos for me as hated rival.  Almost. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Dude what, Cinci talks all the trash, it definitely gets heated with them. Plus their fans feed into the trash talk too. If any rivalry is heated it’s with them. Between the Burrowhead comments and the Cinci mayor saying Burrow was Mahomes’ father. I don’t remember Kelce calling the Buffalo mayor a Jabroni on live television lmao. I feel bad for AfC North fans who have had to deal with them for decades. 

I hope they lose all the games, and I loved the fact that the Chiefs beating them essentially ended their season, again. They’ve almost overtaken the Broncos for me as hated rival.  Almost. 

Touche. 

I guess I've always just felt like it was more individual players than the franchise or city, but I suppose I forgot about the mayor thing (although...lol). Every fanbase has fans that talk too much and the Bengals have always felt like the usual third place team in the division during my lifetime, so it's hard to not feel like they deserve nice things. And how can you not like Burrow tbh? Idk, he never really talks trash it's always Chase or some scrub DB.

And with Burrow hurt and the Bengals down this year, I didn't really feel like "oh yeah hope they lose more", ya know? But again, that's probably just me in hindsight.

Your evidence is overwhelming, so fair enough, I change my mind. I suppose the Bengals are as much of an out-of-division rival as it gets in today's game.

I’ve always liked Andy Reid and I was super happy to see them win the SB. I rooted for them in their AFCCG loss to NE the year before as well. I was mostly impartial when they played Tampa but I did love to see Winfield give Tyreek the peace sign. 

Even after the heartbreaking OT loss I rooted for them against Cincy. 

At this point I know the Bills can beat them, having done it 3 straight years. They just need to do it when it matters most. Which is Sunday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

Good way to put it, and I agree. I don't hate the Chiefs at all. I actually respect them quite a bit. Mahomes/Reid and co. handle winning well, and I think they're the only team that can possibly rival BB and Brady's run with the Pats.

The Bengals annoy me with all their lame smack talk, but we haven't been competitive enough against them, or played enough playoff games against them, for me to believe there's any type of rivalry yet.

The best way to put it is, the Chiefs and Bills have a competitive rivalry. They see each other in the playoffs a lot. Now, the Dolphins are a whole other level of hate for me. Divisional rivalries just hit different. Too much history. Their fans are awesome on this site, though, from what I've seen.