2023 AFC Divisional: (3) Kansas City Chiefs @ (2) Buffalo Bills

Chiefs or Bills   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Chiefs or Bills

• Chiefs
    • Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/21/2024 at 11:00 PM

3 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

I know there are a lot of external motivators for this game all around but I think the spin of “Mahomes hasn’t ever played a road playoff game” as a knock on him will have Mahomes playing at peak Mahomes. 

I agree with you but I do think those shaky receivers will have a harder time playing in that road environment. Mahomes is good everywhere but needs his playmakers to make plays. I’m hoping they maintain that shaky play because the Bills are definitely banged up. 

2 hours ago, Soggust said:

I feel like that's kind of underselling him too because it includes his sophomore year game before he really got good.

It definitely is cause he actually has 25 TDs... he has caught 2 playoff TDs that are not accounted for. 20 passing, 3 rushing, and 2 recieving 

Mahomes vs Allen meeting in the playoffs just feels right. Two of the best in the league going toe-to-toe in winter conditions...aw yeah!

If Buffalo had a healthy defense, then I'd give them the slight advantage, but they're decimated with injuries on defense right now. Down to their fourth string OLB and 2nd string MLB. Both starting corners were out against Pitt. Apparently, Dodson and Douglas have a good chance to play, but losing Bernard is going to be very tough to overcome. He's been awesome. 

So, assuming Bernard and Benford are out, I think this turns into a 55/45 game in favor of the Chiefs. The Chiefs defense is (I believe) healthy and (I know) stout. They're going to make it difficult on Allen. Mahomes hasn't looked like himself this year, and a lot of that is due to the personnel around him, though they do look to be getting better as the year progresses, which is concerning as a Bills fan. 

My mind says beating KC twice in one year while the defense is battered and bruised seems unlikely. My heart says Allen is going to go god mode, and Mahomes won't be able to keep pace. I'll go with my brain and say the Chiefs pull out a hard-fought win:

Chiefs: 28

Bills: 24

Hopefully, I'm wrong!

1 hour ago, Nightime said:

The last time these teams met, the Chiefs didn’t have their starting LT or RB. I also don’t expect Toney or Moore to see the field on Sunday 

Yeah, the Chiefs are lucky to be (I assume by your post) healthy at the right time. Buffalo does not have that luxury at the moment, though they were without some quality players when they played the Chiefs a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, only one of those quality players has returned (Jones), haha. 

Edited by WizeGuy

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I mean the way this divisional round worked out is kind of what we all said regarding the difference between the conferences, right?

on one side you have

Mahomes/Allen/Lamar/Stroud

on the other you have 

Purdy/Goff/Love/Baker

The QB discrepancy in these conferences is very real. Also very annoying 

The AFC is a gauntlet. It's just insane that one of these QBs will be knocked out before the divisional round each year:

Allen

Burrow

Jackson

Mahomes

Stroud

Then you have Herbert, who I think would be viewed in a much better light if it wasn't for him playing for the Chargers. 

It's a fun time to be a fan of an AFC team as long as you have one of those guys leading the charge.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

What happens if Allen beats Mahomes? I can always count on you for anti Allen posts lol its like clockwork. 

Allen is 27. Peyton Manning didn't win his first SB until he was 30. If anything it'd be Mahomes-Brady Allen-Manning until/if Allen wins a SB. He's only 27 stop trying to define his career when he'll be playing for another 10 years. 

Also Allen had as many TDs last night as Lamar Jackson has in his entire playoff career. 

Lets let the playoffs play out then create narratives after that.

If Allen beats Mahomes he still has zero superbowl appearances zero mvps and zero first team all nfl selections. So yeah, still Philip Rivers.

Peyton before he hit 30 had multiple mvps, he’s not the Peyton in this scenario, which is the point lol.

It’s like when you do the dumb Favre comparisons when Favre had 3 mvps and a title with Allen’s time in the league. Put him next to people he actually matches up with historically. 

Edited by CP3MVP

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

The AFC is a gauntlet. It's just insane that one of these QBs will be knocked out before the divisional round each year:

Allen

Burrow

Jackson

Mahomes

Stroud

Then you have Herbert, who I think would be viewed in a much better light if it wasn't for him playing for the Chargers. 

It's a fun time to be a fan of an AFC team as long as you have one of those guys leading the charge.

Burrow clears. Chiefs are 1-3 vs that animal. Josh Allan gets his pay back. They went into Arrowhead and slapped them. Unless Toney

goes off for 200 idk. Double Rice all

game.

31 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Burrow clears. Chiefs are 1-3 vs that animal. Josh Allan gets his pay back. They went into Arrowhead and slapped them. Unless Toney

game.

Double Rice AND Kelce? Bold strategy cotton. 

40 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

If Allen beats Mahomes he still has zero superbowl appearances zero mvps and zero first team all nfl selections. So yeah, still Philip Rivers.

Peyton before he hit 30 had multiple mvps, he’s not the Peyton in this scenario, which is the point lol.

It’s like when you do the dumb Favre comparisons when Favre had 3 mvps and a title with Allen’s time in the league. Put him next to people he actually matches up with historically. 

Not worth arguing with you like in every other josh allen thread. We get it, you hate him, he isn't an MVP caliber player or a SB winning caliber QB and you won't give any credit until he wins a SB. Moving on.

1 minute ago, The BILLievers said:

Not worth arguing with you like in every other josh allen thread. We get it, you hate him, he isn't an MVP caliber player or a SB winning caliber QB and you won't give any credit until he wins a SB. Moving on.

That’s one of the worst takes I’ve ever seen. So are you taking Lamar because he has 2 MVPs but a 1-3 playoff record? Josh Allan has played incredible in the playoffs. He’s ran into the buzz saw that is Mahomes. How many times did the pats defense hold the explosive colts from winning chips! That’s so crazy I can’t even explain. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Kelce can’t catch a cold. Double rice. Kelce is washed washed. 

Assuming you’re just trolling. Kelce had 93 catches for 980+ yards for the season, though I do not believe he has had a cold so I guess you’re correct. 

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

game.

Depends on how healthy the defense is, and even with a healthy defense Mahomes can still go nuclear at any moment. As of right now, Buffalo could possibly be missing their #1 and #2 CBs, their starting MLB, their starting OLB, their backup OLB, and their starting slot corner. There's hope that Douglas (CB) and Dodson (OLB) are back, but even with them back, that's a lot of injuries to the LBs and DBs. 

Edited by WizeGuy