Divisional Round: (4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ (3) Detroit Lions Sunday 3pm

Louis Friend

Who ya got?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Detroit Lions
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

24 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

No they didn’t. What about the Bucs makes it seem like they deserve anything other than what they have?

.... This is the same nucleus that won a SB a couple years ago. They don't deserve a good QB?

36 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

And over time, going for 2 outweighs just kicking extra points based on the success rates. Going for 2 also would have given them a chance to win, not just play for OT.

But not every situation is equal.  Something can generally be the better decision while also not being the best decision to make in that moment.  Same reason the Bucs didn't go for it on 4th earlier in the game despite the math saying to do so.

I know I can't argue against math.  I just think sometimes a situation calls for a different decision.  In the playoffs in that environment I'd rather take my chances on the road with 2 XPs than trying to convert 1 of 2 2 point conversions.  Not like OT is sudden death anymore.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Prior to that. Maybe the NFL is even involved. When they got the ball there was 1 min 37 seconds and the Bucs had 1 TO, which is enough to kill the game with plenty to spare.

If this happened I'm going to have to assume it was a handshake type deal. Even if it was imposed by the league.

I'd guess it was conceded before the series. I think Goff snapped the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock on 2nd down. 

"Huge error" lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duluther said:

.... This is the same nucleus that won a SB a couple years ago. They don't deserve a good QB?

They got everything they deserve and more when Evans was voted into the Probowl!

(This was not a serious post, just meant to troll the Probowl selection process)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

But not every situation is equal.  Something can generally be the better decision while also not being the best decision to make in that moment.  

I know I can't argue against math.  I just think sometimes a situation calls for a different decision.  In the playoffs in that environment I'd rather take my chances on the road with 2 XPs than trying to convert 1 of 2 2 point conversions.  Not like OT is sudden death anymore.

I agree with this. I even posted that I would have kicked it. I'm just defending the math behind the decision, and the decision to go for 2 on the first one and not waiting for the hypothetical second one.

• Like 1

Just now, Jameson_Neat said:

I'd guess it was conceded before the series. I think Goff snapped the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock on 2nd down. 

"Huge error" lol

Doesn’t matter. That’s on the lions for not just taking the extra 20 seconds to be careful. At the end of the day the lions kneeled it on 3rd down with 30 seconds left and the Bucs had a time out 

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Just re-watched the end of the game. It's pretty obvious that TB conceded and Goff is just kneeling it out when there's still 19 seconds on the playclock. It's not a thing.

But you can imagine what it'd be like if they had.

chrisfarley-adamsandler.gif

• Like 1

Just now, Nbanflguy said:

Doesn’t matter. That’s on the lions for not just taking the extra 20 seconds to be careful. At the end of the day the lions kneeled it on 3rd down with 30 seconds left and the Bucs had a time out 

And they didn't use it, which points towards an agreement and an "it doesn't matter" the other way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Duluther said:

4000 yards, 28 TDs to 10 picks is pretty good. They sold it for Brady and Arians and this is what they’re left with. I’d say Baker did pretty good with it. 

Just now, nagahide13 said:

And they didn't use it, which points towards an agreement and an "it doesn't matter" the other way.

And Bowles can now go back on the agreement and try to give his team a chance to win. This is the playoffs. Not recess 

Have to imagine that after the season that they had that Baker and Evans are back next year. Imagine they keep Winfield too.

Go Lions! Happy for either team next week in the NFCCG.

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

Just think it’s not smart to put yourself in a position where now you have to convert a 2 point just to tie the game. Especially on the road in this environment

I’m sure you or anyone could give me all the numbers that show I’m wrong. But in that situation I don’t think it is worth the risk. Not in the playoffs.

I've no idea what the analytics say there. However, I also think that shortening the game as an underdog is always the right move.

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Just re-watched the end of the game. It's pretty obvious that TB conceded and Goff is just kneeling it out when there's still 19 seconds on the playclock. It's not a thing.

What in the hell is "conceding" in a football game when you have the ability to potentially get the ball back, down by one score?

How can we act like that's either normal or acceptable?

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway