2024 offseason, a lot of work to do.

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I agree. Have to look at recent similar trades. I think you can get a 2 just off the top of my head. Question is, would you rather have a player swap? Idk how I feel about adding holes by moving Reddick.

I usually tend to prefer draft picks, getting players on the cheap for their rookie contracts. 

11 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I saw the same thing. Saw it on Facebook. And it was Schefty's actual X handle on the image.

Wasn't there rumblings about Slay leaving too a few weeks ago? And of course a lot of speculation about releasing Maddox given his injury proclivity.

CB and DE always seem to be a high tier need early every season. 

Assuming we have all of them leave we got...

Ricks
Ringo
Rogers

Jobe who will never be a starter

@Kiltman how much do you know about Fangio and if how his system tends to play and if he'd be able to utilize Slay or Bradberry to their strengths opposed to what we had last year?

40 minutes ago, Danger said:

@Kiltman how much do you know about Fangio and if how his system tends to play and if he'd be able to utilize Slay or Bradberry to their strengths opposed to what we had last year?

Bradberry would definitely benefit from the over the top safety coverage

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Bradberry would definitely benefit from the over the top safety coverage

He was All Pro last year under a similar system with Gannon. I think JB was/is tired of the 180° hatred he received during the 2023 season from Eagles fans. Complete opposite of how they treated him in 2022. 

Whether ts warranted or not. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 hours ago, Danger said:

I feel like reddick would fetch more than a 3rd in a trade. I mean how much were teams offering last year for Danielle Hunter?

This is one of those "it only takes one team" deals.

Too many teams remember the John Abraham, Richard Seymour, Jared Allen and Khalil Mack trades.

But, it only takes one.

A lot of teams are going to be tempted, but I think the offers will be all over the board.

What is the least you'd take?

15 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

This is one of those "it only takes one team" deals.

Too many teams remember the John Abraham, Richard Seymour, Jared Allen and Khalil Mack trades.

But, it only takes one.

A lot of teams are going to be tempted, but I think the offers will be all over the board.

What is the least you'd take?

Least I would take is a 3rd as long as it was 75 or higher. If its back end 3rd throw in a 2025 4th.

If Montez Sweat is getting traded for a 2nd round pick and then getting a massive contract I am starting negotiations there. I would have a hard time being the Eagles and trading a legit top tier pass rusher for a 3rd round value. It might happen, but I think I am looking for a 2nd and if we aren't getting that make him play out his deal that he signed two years ago.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If Montez Sweat is getting traded for a 2nd round pick and then getting a massive contract I am starting negotiations there. I would have a hard time being the Eagles and trading a legit top tier pass rusher for a 3rd round value. It might happen, but I think I am looking for a 2nd and if we aren't getting that make him play out his deal that he signed two years ago.

This 10 fold!

10 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

My only question is how is reddick viewed league wide? It seems like after Arizona and Carolina people viewed him as a utility guy. Is he now viewed as just an elite pass rusher?

I think the eagles should reach for a 2nd or a combo of a 2 and change.

hell maybe even for a player. Can we get Edmunds from Chicago? Do they want another pass rusher to join sweat? Lol

im hoping the eagles make some sort of player for player deal tbh. Eagles have plenty of draft picks. I’d kinda like the eagles to use reddick to get one of those howie special guys who are 4th year looking for extension guys. 

im sure there’s a LB or safety out there that the eagles could upgrade substantially by using reddick. 

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

My only question is how is reddick viewed league wide? It seems like after Arizona and Carolina people viewed him as a utility guy. Is he now viewed as just an elite pass rusher?

I think the eagles should reach for a 2nd or a combo of a 2 and change.

hell maybe even for a player. Can we get Edmunds from Chicago? Do they want another pass rusher to join sweat? Lol

im hoping the eagles make some sort of player for player deal tbh. Eagles have plenty of draft picks. I’d kinda like the eagles to use reddick to get one of those howie special guys who are 4th year looking for extension guys. 

im sure there’s a LB or safety out there that the eagles could upgrade substantially by using reddick. 

Can't imagine the league views him as anything but a top tier pass rusher considering his body of work. It isn't like he hasn't produced everywhere he has been the past 4 years. He isn't going to fit every scheme and I do think he needs to play in a defense that lets him play standing up.

I don't think this is going to be a situation where we have to move him though. If the Eagles don't get an offer they like they will probably keep him. If the Reddick doesn't get the money he is looking for he will probably ask the Eagles to give him a bump in salary and play out his current deal and test the FA waters. It is going to have to be a good fit to move him. If they just dump him for a mid round pick I will be very disappointed. I am down to get younger and cheaper on D, but in a way that makes sense. 

Reddick is 2 years older than Sweat, so I don't think we'll get the same compensation Sweat got. Early 3rd sounds right.

Would love to basically swap Reddick for Danielle Hunter.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Reddick is 2 years older than Sweat, so I don't think we'll get the same compensation Sweat got. Early 3rd sounds right.

Would love to basically swap Reddick for Danielle Hunter.

Hunter is more of a 4-3 guy, and we're going to be in a primarily 3-4 look this year. I'm good.