Eagles likely retaining Nick Sirianni

Football_Bachelor08

3 hours ago, N4L said:

That steelers team was the most fraudulent 11-0 team in history. Everyone with a brain knew what was about to happen. 

This eagles team beat KC, BUF, and DAL in consecutive weeks. That is two 2 seeds and a 3 seed. 

You can call it fraudulent if you want but it’s pretty damn hard to win 11-games in a row in the NFL. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Kinda wild that Brian Johnson has gotten three head coaching interviews. Like... who honestly looked at the 2023 Eagles and Hurts' clear regression and said to themselves, "Man, we need us some of that!" ??

Not sure but I hope he's 💩 salesman with a mouthful of samples and somehow convinces some idiot Owner to hire him. 

Could not imagine getting a Comp pick for him.

37 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Kinda wild that Brian Johnson has gotten three head coaching interviews. Like... who honestly looked at the 2023 Eagles and Hurts' clear regression and said to themselves, "Man, we need us some of that!" ??

He's a very well respected guy in NFL and college circles. I'm not surprised. And he wouldn't be the first guy who is a better HC than coordinator.

3 hours ago, StatKing said:

That goes out the window when the team gives up on him like they did in that playoff game.

Nah. You still give him at least another year to sink or swim.

53 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Sean Payton, Mike Vrabel, Mike McCarthy . . . 

mike tomlin, zac taylor, matt lafleur too. might not be a majority of current coaches but "exceedingly rare" seems like an exaggeration.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

mike tomlin, zac taylor, matt lafleur too. might not be a majority of current coaches but "exceedingly rare" seems like an exaggeration.

Good point on Taylor and LaFleur. Forgot about Taylor's Miami year and LaFleur being the Titans' OC.

On 1/18/2024 at 9:49 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I wonder if this humbled him at all...

I'll give him one thing

on field and in the building he's a lot different with that stuff, at least what we get to see. He's fairly humble during the week, it's just gamedays he's a competitive ahole.

Which I get why it rubs people the wrong way, it's not the norm.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I'll give him one thing

on field and in the building he's a lot different with that stuff, at least what we get to see. He's fairly humble during the week, it's just gamedays he's a competitive ahole.

Which I get why it rubs people the wrong way, it's not the norm.

He adapted his scheme in 2021 and let Steichen call plays. So he’s definitely flexible. I think he just picked the wrong coordinators.

I do think they should fire him. This is different from Dallas keeping McCarthy. Mike at least runs the offense, which was elite and is a good play-caller/designer. Siriani is an offensive coach who doesn't call plays or manages the offense. So what is the point of keeping him around? If you are a CEO type HC then your staff hirings really matters and Sirianni whiffed badly on the coordinators. They should let him go and go throw the bag at some Shanahan disciple and call it a day. 

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

You can call it fraudulent if you want but it’s pretty damn hard to win 11-games in a row in the NFL. 

As someone who watched every snap of both, that Steelers team was better than this Eagles team. That Steelers team was at least winning games convincingly minus a three week stretch after their schedule was switched around the first time. And even then, other than the Cooper Rush-led Cowboys they weren't in danger of losing their one score games. The Eagles, however, had several games where one play goes differently and they lose. (1) Dropped interception against New England under 3 miutes, (2) OT game against the Commanrds, (3) Cowboys two consecutive penalties taking htem out of Goal to Win situation, (4) MVS drop on a game-winning TD, (5) Allen missing a wide open Davis in OT for the win... The signs of that Eagles team not being as good as 10-1 were there from the get go as they very easily could have been a 5-6 team at that time... 

• Like 2