Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

8 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:
8 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I would agree that if we are going to seek a free agent outside of the company the #1 target would be CB. Id rather get a hired gun at that position of mid to upper range ability than any other position. Not to mention our history of lacking at drafting and developing at the position, with JPJ being an outlier. I wouldn't exactly boast about Cam Sutton. 

Any thoughts on Cedrick Wilson as a #3 or even #2 plug in bridge at WR for a year or two. 

I really like Wilson on the relatively cheap…perfect number 3 receiver, can move around. Solid player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFF said:

I’m very early into it but my take is that OT is very deep.

People smarter than me like @armsteeld@JustPlainNasty @warfelg may feel differently but that’s my .02 on it as of right now.

Its uncharacteristically / pretty much unprecedented deep. There are developmental guys that probably would go 2nd round in many drafts that will probably be in the 4th round. Its kind of like the Tight Ends were last year,

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AFF said:

I’m very early into it but my take is that OT is very deep.

People smarter than me like @armsteeld@JustPlainNasty @warfelg may feel differently but that’s my .02 on it as of right now.

My biggest thought going into next season is whether or not they intend to move Broderick Jones to LT.    Im thinking yes, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they kept him at RT.

Either way...cant see any scenario that has Dan Moore starting in 2024.

5 hours ago, 43M said:

My biggest thought going into next season is whether or not they intend to move Broderick Jones to LT.    I'm thinking yes, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they kept him at RT.

Biggest upgrades needed at OT and Center. No surprises or secrets here. I think it depends on who they draft at OT. Many times even LT's are put on the right side to start.   Good problem to have with two good tackles. Versatility is a good thing.

They just need to get better at that position and Moore looks like a back-up. I like his nasty streak, but he just isn't consistent enough. Despite many saying he can only play on the left side, if he can get a little more versatile he could be a decent swing tackle in the run game. He seems like he likes to get physical in the run game.

I think there's a part to this OL puzzle that's not getting enough mention - Andy Weidl.  He's not just there to scout some college players.  He's there as the assistant GM.  He's going to have a big voice in the room when it comes to FA's and picks.  And he's been working at many stops where they prioritize the lines.

That's what gives me the hope for this offseason in continuing to fix the OL.  They did a really good job last year in being aggressive to go get Jones, got good value and Seumalu, something I feel hasn't happened in a while in getting Herbig to be a backup.  They didn't just rely on "next man up" thoughts and backups of all PS/UDFA type players and hoping for the best.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 43M said:

My biggest thought going into next season is whether or not they intend to move Broderick Jones to LT.    Im thinking yes, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they kept him at RT.

I will bash my head against the wall if they don’t move Jones over to the left side next season. 

For one, that is his more natural position and he flat out said he is more comfortable there. Also, this draft is littered with day 1 starters at right tackle. Just makes too much sense.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I will bash my head against the wall if they don’t move Jones over to the left side next season. 

For one, that is his more natural position and he flat out said he is more comfortable there. Also, this draft is littered with day 1 starters at right tackle. Just makes too much sense.

I agree, but this team hasn't always made the most logical decisions on OL.

Seems like a no brainer, but I refuse to get my hopes up.

Yo @bigben07MVP and every other Florida State fan, do 10 burpies! Why didn't you guys tell me about the superstar CB on your team? Renardo Green is a monster! He's a pesky defender. He is on WRs like a fly on a hot pile of poop in the summer! Love his physicalty.  He doesn't bail nor open his hips too soon, as  he's in your face until the whistle blows. He reminds me of Jason Verrett. He would be a perfect weapon against those gnat-like Slot receivers.

• Like 1

CB Renardo Green 6' 188 is someone worth investing in. Sticky CB who can run, cover, and tackle well. Uses good technique and gets in the laps of receivers making it hard for them to maneuver. If they beat him, he's smart enough to use the sidelines as another defender. It sickens me watching a CB try to outjump a receiver near the sidelines. Wait til he goes up and push his *** out of bounds! It's that simple. Many guys will protect themself more so than trying to make the catch. Green also has good hand to eye vision and the reaction time to deflect the ball from the receiver. This is a heady defender. Would love to have Renardo Green playing DB for the Steelers.

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Hearing Roman Wilson really turned some heads at the Senior Bowl. He was on my radar before too. 

Coach Tomlin pulled Roman Wilson and Quinyon Mitchell together as one was leaving while the other was entering the room where teams are allowed to chat with players at the Senior Bowl. Coach Tomlin told them they needed to face one another as much as possible the next practice. The following day they did that and had some great battles at the practice. 

That says Coach Tomlin is fans of them and wanted to see how good on good looked. He loves the competition and it's fair to believe that one or both could be drafted by the Steelers.

• Like 1

Keeanu Benton? No. It's Fabien Lovett. Listed at 6'4 315, Lovett is very similar to Benton in size, power, hand usage (nasty swim move), gets off blocks well but can also 2 gap, relentless, strong upper body to bench press blockers. Would be a perfect compliment alongside Keeanu Benton.