Steelers 2024 NFL Draft Prospects

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

For sure on Davis. I’ve been told to watch his film (FAU kid)…need to find it. 

I personally think Kinlaw is in the wrong scheme. They are basically asking him to be Buckner up there. He’s not that. 

Evan Anderson 6'3 356 He's number 8.

Not sure if Shon Stephens has been discussed.  CB from West Liberty.  JPJ's cousin.  Led the NCAA in interceptions.  Steelers have talked to him at the College All-Star game ( small school stars).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, warfelg said:

NFL Stock exchange podcast had a two round mock and they had us go:

Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo

Edgerin Cooper LB TAM

They had us passing on A LOT of good talent at both picks at other needs. 

I like Mitchell a lot but I think they go with the trenches again.

24 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Edgerin Cooper LB TAM

To expand, I really enjoy these guys as they just talk about prospects, but there's a lot of teams that they have very little feel for.  And we're one of them.  At no time with either pick did they talk about any offensive players, in fact in a past podcast one of them said "that Steelers defense was not good at all."

In both times in this one, they looked at the depth chart for 2024, said OUT LOUD where are they the thinnest, and took that.  One thing I don't love that happened in the later Colbert years is that how people view doing mocks for us.  Where are they thin, they won't sign any FA's, give them BPA at the thin position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

To expand, I really enjoy these guys as they just talk about prospects, but there's a lot of teams that they have very little feel for.  And we're one of them.  At no time with either pick did they talk about any offensive players, in fact in a past podcast one of them said "that Steelers defense was not good at all."

In both times in this one, they looked at the depth chart for 2024, said OUT LOUD where are they the thinnest, and took that.  One thing I don't love that happened in the later Colbert years is that how people view doing mocks for us.  Where are they thin, they won't sign any FA's, give them BPA at the thin position.

Mitchell wouldn’t even be a bad pick IMO…Copper I haven’t looked at personally but is  supposed to be basically Shazier 2.0 coming out…basically more athlete than football player.

I would prefer not going ILB within the 1st 2 rounds but that’s kinda based on Holcombs injury recovery.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AFF said:

Mitchell wouldn’t even be a bad pick IMO…Copper I haven’t looked at personally but is  supposed to be basically Shazier 2.0 coming out…basically more athlete than football player.

I would prefer not going ILB within the 1st 2 rounds but that’s kinda based on Holcombs injury recovery.

I don’t mind the players, but the hosts depth of convo for some teams is bad. There was one episode where one said about OT for us and the other goes “depth chart shows Moore, Jones, and Okorafor so they got 3 for 2.”

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Edgerin Cooper LB TAM

Again I will be really surprised if we go defense in the 1st round and I will be absolutely floored if offense is ignored in the first two rounds.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Again I will be really surprised if we go defense in the 1st round and I will be absolutely floored if offense is ignored in the first two rounds.

Yea, no way, I reckon. You have to get an OC or OT, or both, in the first three rounds.

4 hours ago, mwalker said:

Yea, no way, I reckon. You have to get an OC or OT, or both, in the first three rounds.

They could potentially address one in FA.    I dont necessarily see us starting two rookies next year.   We typically don't do that unless there is no choice...e.g. 2021.

Edited by 43M

4 hours ago, 43M said:

They could potentially address one in FA.    I dont necessarily see us starting two rookies next year.   We typically don't do that unless there is no choice...e.g. 2021.

I don't think you have to start both rookies.
I do think JPJ at OC could start day one, and we'd be better for it.

An OT, unless we get really lucky, maybe get balanced with an FA addition, or Moore.
I definitely believe you're drafting two o-lineman (first three rounds) that you
believe will eventually be starters. 

3 hours ago, 43M said:

They could potentially address one in FA.    I don't necessarily see us starting two rookies next year.   We typically don't do that unless there is no choice...e.g. 2021.

Ordinarily, I would definitely agree. There will probably be a situation where they draft a OT and Center and sign one of each or retain Mason Cole as a back-up Center/stopgap.

Then  I would guess that one or both (rookie Center and OT) get rotated in later in the season as Broderick Jones did.

Free Agent OT's are typically more expensive and unless there are some nice cap cuts $$$, as the league year starts, they are probably looking at spending Chuks type money for anyone worth while at OT.

If the move past Mason Cole (I would), I could see them signing a stopgap starting caliber center like Cushenberry or Biadasz, but they would still need to draft one. I don't want to see Center ignored as it has been for the past several years. 

No guarantee that they could get JPP round one or Frazier or Van Pran make it to the Steelers round two. Center is lean unlike last year where they had decent, but not great or really good talent. OT is much deeper in terms of quality.  Maybe sign Trent Brown or Donovan Smith to replace Chuks. Then draft someone. I would double dip OL in the first three rounds.

I’m more convinced that we’re going to sign a C in FA. It’s not as bad of a class as I thought. I agree with @43M that you aren’t going to start two rookies on the line. 

I think you sign one, draft Frazier in the 2nd since he’s still going to be recovering, and you have him sit. Best case he’s back early and is your top interior swing man. Worst case he’s on IR all year. 

This plan also gives 2025 insurance as Daniels will be a FA, so you can play a combo of both these guys then and draft a G for the future later. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

If they move to an outside zone team than JPJ will be the #1 pick.

I was just thinking that one of the other teams in front of the Steelers that needs a center may try to sign Connor Williams or Aaron Brewer. That may help JPP be there at 20. I would be surprised if someone moved up in the draft to get a Center round one.

I think Seattle and Jacksonville #16 and #17 are said to be in the Center market.