49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Barry is done tho. We took the TD lead, two minutes later, it was their lead. We needed a stop to win it and they marched down the field unopposed. That's the end of his tenure here. Lots of pluses on this story. 

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

9ers have more Super Bowl wins than we do. I'm rooting for the Lions. 

I want the Bucs to advance to the Super Bowl though they are the only clean NFC team (not a division rival or a team that beat us) left in the playoffs. But I want the Bills to win it all.

This was a good season.  We made the divisional round, beat the 2 seed, and gave the 1 seed 58 minutes of trouble in a rebuilding year.  We have youth, and a lot of draft capital.  And our biggest roster holes are safety and running back 2.  We will be back next year and ready to go.  No shame in this team, at all.  

• Like 2

The good...

EXTREMELY PROUD OF THIS TEAM!!!

I was at the Ale House off I4 in Davenport,FL. Over half of the people were Packers fans ! Best fan base in football.

I was wrong on Love. He is definitely our guy going forward.

Give Aaron jones an extension. 

MLF biggest mistake was not challenging that call in the first. That was a clear first down and probably wins us the game. We go up 10-0.

Clark was giving it his all tonight. 

Doubs is dawg.

Our oline is the best in the league at pass pro. 

The bad...

Love threw the worst INT I've seen in a long time.  On first down, either throw it away or just scramble. You throw it into triple coverage , off your back foot, across your body to the other side of the field... to Christian Watson.....

Savage dropped a pick 6, Nixon dropped an INT.

We don't have a plus LB on the roster anymore. idk what happened to this duo.

Jaire is still hampered imo.

We miss Enagbere on the edge.

Carlson has to figure this out man. Too many misses this year.

Watson might have lost his spot. We were better without him in the line up

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

I want the Bucs to advance to the Super Bowl though they are the only clean NFC team (not a division rival or a team that beat us) left in the playoffs. But I want the Bills to win it all.

LOL, we got killed by the Bucs this year. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

Joe Barry deserves good marks for this game I think. There's still a talent issue on that side of the ball. Better safety play and this is a very different ball game. 

Feels like MLF and Barry found something that worked toward the end of the year. Either move is defensible. 

If there's someone you like a lot more out there, available and interested. Bring them in. If you don't see anything that looks obviously better, work to improve some talent holes that still remain on that side of the ball and keep building from how the season ended.

I will give props for how we defended McCaffrey, the box was stacked proportional to the personnel and we weren't sitting there in light boxes. However, Purdy's numbers are mostly on Purdy's awfulness. I didn't see anything in the pass game that deserves good marks. The Kittle TD was a direct result of a catastrophicly bad blitz design. Joe Barry needed a lights out game to save his job, Id give that one a 6.5/10.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Barry is done tho. We took the TD lead, two minutes later, it was their lead. We needed a stop to win it and they marched down the field unopposed. That's the end of his tenure here. Lots of pluses on this story. 

Where have you been the last 20 years? You know how it goes around here, it wasn't an absolute disaster like everyone expected it to be so thats good enough for Barry to keep his job. He'll get another year because Lafleur doesn't want to fire his buddy.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Joe Barry deserves good marks for this game I think. There's still a talent issue on that side of the ball. Better safety play and this is a very different ball game. 

Feels like MLF and Barry found something that worked toward the end of the year. Either move is defensible. 

If there's someone you like a lot more out there, available and interested. Bring them in. If you don't see anything that looks obviously better, work to improve some talent holes that still remain on that side of the ball and keep building from how the season ended.

Frazier is still my guy.  Dropping Barry for Frazier seems like an easy decision if he wants to come to GB.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

I will give props for how we defended McCaffrey, the box was stacked proportional to the personnel and we weren't sitting there in light boxes. However, Purdy's numbers are mostly on Purdy's awfulness. I didn't see anything in the pass game that deserves good marks. The Kittle TD was a direct result of a catastrophicly bad blitz design. Joe Barry needed a lights out game to save his job, Id give that one a 6.5/10.

Purdy made some awful throws tonight

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I’m not sure that posters realize I’m  very Ok with letting Barry go. But, we’d better get it right because he has had flashes of getting it all together and whatever tree MLF has pulled form hasn’t been impressive so far. I’m all about getting a rock solid defense here, it’s been so long I might not even No what to do if we had a top 10 let alone top 5 D. 

Unless you go on about how terrible Barry is even when he's not, you aren't doing it right.

• Like 1