49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

48 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I think psychologically I like losing now instead of in the Super Bowl.  Guys will be hungrier all offseason. Super Bowl losers have a tendency to suck the next year.  

I want to clarify that I'm largely agreeing with you here. 

These guys watching two weeks of football while recovering physically should build that hunger.

It’s really hard to take because this game was lost on a handful of mistakes in an otherwise well played game. 

-Bad spot on 4th down sneak

- 2 dropped INT

-3 bad throws

- Missed kick 

- Missed delay of game on SF touchdown (questionable, snaps often happen right after the play clock hits 0).

Edited by packerstk7

2 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

I sure hope he does...he has a little bit of a Favre riverboat gambler in him which is ok by me. But as that old Kenny Rogers song goes....You got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them".  Given that it was first down, plenty of time remaining in the game and we had two time outs, it was time to fold and go to the next play.

Jones should have released once love cleared the pocket.  Staying in did nothing and he could have been an easy dumpnoff with open field ahead of him.

• Like 1

Packers gonna be a hot and trendy team the media slobbers over during the offseason, so now this young squad has to show they can handle higher expectations placed upon them. Nobody beyond the most optimistic Packers fan came into the season expecting them to 1. Make the playoffs, 2. Be a few plays away from being in the NFCCG. 2024, they're gonna be looked at as a team to enter the NFC elite and to usurp Detroit as the North champions

Right now it feels very 2009'ish again

52 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

I think psychologically I like losing now instead of in the Super Bowl.  Guys will be hungrier all offseason. Super Bowl losers have a tendency to suck the next year.  

The last team to lose a Super Bowl and win it the next year was 50ish years ago.  It just doesn't happen.

3 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

We’ve beaten them twice in the regular season under MLF. We can’t beat them in the playoffs.

Believe me, I know every win and loss. Living out here I have plenty of coworkers who are 9ers fans and we remind each other every Monday after. LaFluer still has been owned by his mentor, especially when it counts but this was the beginning of the Love era. We had them right where we wanted and came up short in the end. Back to the drawing board. 

2 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

It’s really hard to take because this game was lost on a handful of mistakes in an otherwise well played game. 

- 2 dropped INT

-3 bad throws

- Missed kick 

- Missed delay of game on SF touchdown (questionable, snaps often happen right after the play clock hits 0).

Also there was a pretty obvious intentional grounding against Purdy that went uncalled.  Uncalled facemask on Aaron Jones along the sidelines.  Seemed like a lot of questionable spotting of the ball by officials.  Just a horribly frustrating night in what was a very winnable game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Also there was a pretty obvious intentional grounding against Purdy that went uncalled.  Uncalled facemask on Aaron Jones along the sidelines.  Seemed like a lot of questionable spotting of the ball by officials.  Just a horribly frustrating night in what was a very winnable game.

The most disturbing part about the IG was the officials huddled and talked it over. I can only assume the conversation went something like, "it was clearly intentional grounding but the script says 49ers win so let it go!"

Don't like using officiating as an excuse but that was so egregious. 

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Packers gonna be a hot and trendy team the media slobbers over during the offseason, so now this young squad has to show they can handle higher expectations placed upon them. Nobody beyond the most optimistic Packers fan came into the season expecting them to 1. Make the playoffs, 2. Be a few plays away from being in the NFCCG. 2024, they're gonna be looked at as a team to enter the NFC elite and to usurp Detroit as the North champions

Right now it feels very 2009'ish again

Yep, no more rebuild mulligans even though we will still have one of the youngest teams. I’m fine with that and believe we can rise to the expectations but we won’t be getting any pass from the rest of the League and that’s how it should be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If refs are calling like that, You need to take Belichick route. 

Go and do the exact same thing and if they call on you, show ipad to ref and throw it on ground. It works :)

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Someone with time and access to all-22 should log all the bottom-of-TV screen Line Judge contributions. It seemed to me he repeatedly tried to screw GB.

I think the really bad spot was on the 3rd down before that. It might not have crossed the line but we should have been much closer on 4th.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Someone with time and access to all-22 should log all the bottom-of-TV screen Line Judge contributions. It seemed to me he repeatedly tried to screw GB.

THIS! ALL DAY LONG! Also, pretty obvious at least one 49er was clearly in the neutral zone with his helmet. The sad part about the sneak, was when he came in he was going to mark almost touching the next yard line. When he put the ball down it was a foot or more short of his original spot he came in with. 

Hell, we had to use a challenge on another play that Love was CLEARLY over the line. He was also clearly laying on another player when he reached the ball across the line to gain. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

- 2 dropped INT

-3 bad throws

- Missed kick 

Last night really was like a light version of the 2014 NFCG. If one of those things that happened (let's also add Love's two picks, the miss to Aaron Jones) the Packers likely win.