49ers [24] Packers [21] - PostGame Thread

CWood21

32 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. it wasn't always terrible on D, but I think Barry by nature is a passive minded coach.  We need to ramp things up on that side of the ball, and to do that we need a DC with a much more aggressive nature.  Players thrive on that aggressive mindset.  That final drive for San Fran was a microcosm of what has been wrong on D in GB for a long time.  We're playing D like we have a 10 point lead instead of a 4 point lead.  They let them move right down the field without making anything tough on anyone.  That seemed to happen a ton this year in critical moments.  

I 100% agree with this.  It is time for a change.  It just isn't Barry's fault that we didn't beat the 49ers this week, it isn't that simple.  And I really feel that blaming Barry for this loss is having your conclusion then searching for evidence.  That is what I am trying to get people to avoid.  

Maaaan Christian McCaffreys long TD run is a bummer of a personnel package.

Play side Wooden is the only down lineman and then Banks has his like only snap at edge.. Tackle climbs straight to Campbell who runs himself out of the hole. Center climbs straight to Quay and logs him out. Keisean plays this like hot ****. Savage gets whooped in the hole by christian. Owens gets blocked in the back and thats all she wrote. 

Gross.

Wyatt was a force this game. very underrated, not getting enough press. If he had some stickier gloves to finish some of his plays the stats wouldve been damn good. He gets banged up and the 9ers start to get back on track. I dont think that was a coincidence. 

Wyatt quietly put together a VERY strong year. Futures bright for the DL.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 3

On 1/20/2024 at 10:42 PM, sgtcheezwiz said:

Felt like jones needed more carries. We put it on Love and he choked, while AJ was hot. 

Reminds me of, I forget if it was the 2012 or 2013 playoff loss to SF, one of those two years, but DuJuan Harris was hot for us, had fresh legs, was carving up San Fran on the ground, but we just didn't give him nearly enough carries. Went way too pass-heavy. Big reason we lost that game.

• Like 1

Valentine was in a spot for a pick 6 if Nixon doesnt tip it away. thats tough, then we throw a pick of our own off that. oof. That one stings.

If we keep Barry we have to shoot the "blitz Nixon from the moon" right back to where it came from. The niners arent doing 7 step drops, when would that ever have a shot? Nixon also does not have a feel for the snap, just to exacerbate that issue.

I think it'd be a mistake to cut Savage loose.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

We play "& inches" like shmucks, next time we cover A-0-A will be the first. 

Wooden is put in some SPOTS. Barry might think he's a 300 pounder because he's in the DL room. Guy had a couple solid rushes from inside but guys not hanging vs doubles and hes definitely not 2 gappin.

If Doubs couldve came down with his ball I wonder if that changes how that last drive went. Or if Jones just flares out into the void after Bosa stunts inside.. Damn thats a tough 1st down toss. Big ol bummer. Very winnable. gonna be a long time til we get more Packer ball.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Wyatt was a force this game. very underrated, not getting enough press. If he had some stickier gloves to finish some of his plays the stats wouldve been damn good. He gets banged up and the 9ers start to get back on track. I dont think that was a coincidence. 

Wyatt quietly put together a VERY strong year. Futures bright for the DL.

Wyatt gonna be one of the biggest keys to next season. If he takes that next step and KC remains his dominant self, we're gonna have a scary DL

47 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Wyatt gonna be one of the biggest keys to next season. If he takes that next step and KC remains his dominant self, we're gonna have a scary DL

6 down lineman: Gary, Brooks, Wyatt, KC, Preston, LVN

5 off ball: Jaire, new S, Quay, new S/slot, Valentine

Profit.

Barry faulted for not being more aggressive.  I feel that way too.  But there were a couple of plays where he tried being aggressive and blitzed; and our pass rush still didn't get through.  Pass rush lacked with 3, with 4, with 5.  Hard to be aggressive and blitz if your blitzers don't get through and cause damage.  

Edited by craig

Just to be clear, for any people who think the defence didn't do enough in this game. The defence gave the ball back enough to the offence to win this game. San Fran had 9 drives, 4 ended up in punts. 1 drive resulted in a miss field goal, 1 drive that San Fran scored a field goal was after Love's interception and they only gained 14 yards before kicking. The defence held up their side of the bargain.

On 1/20/2024 at 11:01 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

In overtime maybe.  The final drive might have been approached quite differently if it was tied.

lmfao

my brother, you know as well as i do that Barry would have played the same bull**** bend but don't break oh whoops we broke defense 

• Like 1