Conference Championship: San Francisco 49ers vs Detroit Lions

6 hours ago, N4L said:

I stopped caring what people said about him about halfway through the season. It is more irrelevant than his draft position at this point, other than it probably fires up our team a little bit (and by a little bit, I mean a lot). 

To quote the the great curtis james jackson III: "and if they hate then let them hate and watch the money pile up". 

Purdy is going to thrash this bottom 5 pass defense of the lions, just like he did to every mediocre pass defense we played all year. 

Even if Purdy wins a SB, it will be "yeah but....". So it is truly a big "who gives a sh!t?" from me. The narratives do not matter. They seem to not matter to him most of all. Some guys say they dont give a **** but clearly do, but from what we can tell from Purdy that he genuinely does not care, which makes it all irrelevant.  

Oh, I could give two ****s what any kind of analysts or pundit has to say about Brock.

Doesn't move the needle for me, like at all.

I'm just stating that alot of the love I'm seeing for the Lions to beat us and complete this Cinderella story is just BCB hate in disguise.

10 hours ago, N4L said:

I stopped caring what people said about him about halfway through the season. It is more irrelevant than his draft position at this point, other than it probably fires up our team a little bit (and by a little bit, I mean a lot). 

To quote the the great curtis james jackson III: "and if they hate then let them hate and watch the money pile up". 

Purdy is going to thrash this bottom 5 pass defense of the lions, just like he did to every mediocre pass defense we played all year. 

Even if Purdy wins a SB, it will be "yeah but....". So it is truly a big "who gives a sh!t?" from me. The narratives do not matter. They seem to not matter to him most of all. Some guys say they dont give a **** but clearly do, but from what we can tell from Purdy that he genuinely does not care, which makes it all irrelevant.  

Couldn't agree more, wish I was better at adhering to it lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Oh, I could give two ****s what any kind of analysts or pundit has to say about Brock.

Doesn't move the needle for me, like at all.

I'm just stating that alot of the love I'm seeing for the Lions to beat us and complete this Cinderella story is just BCB hate in disguise.

It's like, everyone thinks their Cinderella is prettier than ours.

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No injury designation on Deebo. 

Burks questionable because of collision in practice yesterday. 

Everyone else is a go. 

Kalia Davis could also be activated(listed as questionable)

With Deebo fully off the report I'm thinking he won't just be a decoy on Sunday

Good...was baffling that he was benched for Ryan 

Feliciano over Burford is the right move, and even Conley over Bell makes sense (Bell has a lot of potential but makes too many mistakes right now, might need an offseason to iron it out) 

But Brown was solid for us and deserves his starting spot back

• Like 2

Saw this online IF the 49ers win this Sunday

If the 49ers win over the Lions next week, the 49ers will have beaten every NFC playoff team this season. 

2 Cowboys - 42-10, Week 5

3 Lions - NFC Championship

4 Buccaneers - 27-14, Week 11

5 Eagles - 42-19, Week 13

6 Rams - 30-23, Week 2

7 Packers - 24-21, Divisional

I just thought this was interesting - not sure how many times this has happened.”

Edited by Gravity

Watching that GB game again almost to 4Q, and just a few thoughts stand out strong.

Banks needs to be so much better as we go forward.

CB Ambry Thomas was horrid on at least a handful of key plays.

S #33 doesn't deserve a name. 

Brandon Aiyuk making that low catch at the end of the 3Q on 3rd was HUGE. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Thomas just jumped through the receiver for that big PI he gave up.  The ball was underthrown and before it was even close the receiver threw his hands up like it was coming down to be caught... Thomas just jumped right through the receiver.

On another note that game.  Was watching the highlights to try to watch the PI clip again, didnt see it but saw Owens try to tackle CMC on our final TD.  Worst tackle attempt I have seen in a long time, dude just throws his back into CMC.  Legit turns around and backs into him.  On top of the flag he got for diving with Trent, dude is a joke.  Horrible angle on CMCs big TD too, at first I thought it was an Aiyuk block in the back but watching the end zone angle you see that Owens takes himself out of the play himself.

Anyhow I feel better facing the lions than I did leading up to GB hope the results are the same and we move on.  Detriot does have some very nice pieces.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Watching that GB game again almost to 4Q, and just a few thoughts stand out strong.

Banks needs to be so much better as we go forward.

S #33 doesn't deserve a name. 

Brandon Aiyuk making that low catch at the end of the 3Q on 3rd was HUGE. 

I think they are going to play Brown next week.  At least there is a ceiling there.  Just have to hope Ambry has a better game, but he does have some good tape this year, so it there is a valid reason to believe his performance will improve.  Sometimes it seems like Banks struggles to pop up quickly at the snap.  He seems to play pretty smart and he is a heavy anchor, but his feet and hands don't seen as quick as some of the other guys on the line. 

I usually have things to say about the football game.  I watch a lot of football and a notice stuff.  I have a relaxed confidence that I haven't had since 1994.  I was 11 back then, but they had a different feel to them.

The Lions are a great story, they have a lot of good weapons, and enough good players on defense to make a difference.  Anything can happen in the playoffs, but I think the 2023 49ers are a buzzsaw.  This 49ers team has a lot of playoff experience across the roster and coaching staff.  I hope that ends up showing through in the end.  

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I think they are going to play Brown next week.  At least there is a ceiling there.  Just have to hope Ambry has a better game, but he does have some good tape this year, so it there is a valid reason to believe his performance will improve sometimes it seems like Banks struggles to pop up quickly at the snap.  He seems to play pretty smart and he is a heavy anchor, but his feet and hands don't seen as quick as some of the other guys on the line. 

I usually have things to say about the football game.  I watch a lot of football and a notice stuff.  I have a relaxed confidence that I haven't had since 1994.  I was 11 back then, but they had a different feel to them.

The Lions are a great story, they have a lot of good weapons, and enough good players on defense to make a difference.  Anything can happen in the playoffs, but I think the 2023 49ers are a buzzsaw.  This 49ers team has a lot of playoff experience across the roster and coaching staff.  I hope that ends up showing through in the end.  

Man, I hope your right.

I still see this as a 50/50 game.

That O-Line, even missing Johnson is tough.

And I'm concerned about our ability to run at a decent clip at against that front.

12 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Man, I hope your right.

I still see this as a 50/50 game.

That O-Line, even missing Johnson is tough.

And I'm concerned about our ability to run at a decent clip at against that front.

I feel like their front is good, but only when they go in the right direction.  There are a lot of times their backers go downhill like they are wearing snow skis.  I have a feeling Shanahan will use misdirection to get some things rolling early.  Then once the snowball starts rolling, it can get going pretty good.

You make a lot of valid points, and Detroit has so many good players that fit their scheme, work together, and have a lot of explosive talent.  There are only really good teams left on the board, and Det has earned their spot here.  There is nothing flukey about this group of Lions, they've been consistent all year, and developed as the year continued.

There are not a lot of secrets at this point in the season, so I think it will come down to execution.  With both offenses being pretty evenly matched, I feel like our defense will play more consistently, get off the field more, tighten up as the game goes, and make a couple of really big plays at important times.  I feel like emotion, experience, and execution will win the day.  

I haven't dug too deep into the X's and O's on this one though. I have watched a few DET games so I have an idea about what they do well, but I have not become knowledgeable in the scheme, especially on defense. 

Detroit is treating this like just any other game.  I suppose for their team it is like any other game.  On the football side, this group of Lions have never felt that crushing defeat.  I imagine that once a team hits that first hard loss, you find out if they were built to last.  It is like quenching the blade, it will either galvanize it and make it strong, or it will make it brittle and will easily break apart.  This team has experienced enough tough losses to know where we are.  Even though I think the 49ers are prepping for this like any other game, I imagine the emotions are different having felt first hand what is at stake.  I hope that past failures have made this group of 49ers stronger, more focused, and ready to play their best football.

I am also talking a lot about hunches, feelings, and emotions.  I am just looking forward to the game Sunday.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420