2024 Mocks

D82

9 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

In these mocks, it’s often easy to read between the lines based on their wording, if they have real intel or are just throwing stuff at the wall.

This was clearly just a knee jerk reaction to the CeeDee news. Nothing to see here.

Agreed. We all know that many of the guys in the media know what the teams’ various strategies are and whom they’ll select within all likelihood.

23 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Brooks in the first round is looking more and more likely. Unless Dallas makes a move back up high into the 2nd or late in the first, he is going to be the 24th pick.

And I'm going to break my TV.

That would be incredibly stupid. 

Trade back with KC - #24 (740 points) for #32, #95, #154 (738 points)

#32 - Kinsgley Suamataia, LT

#56 - Jonathan Brooks, RB (would consider small trade up to ensure you land him)

#87 - Trevon Wallace, LB

#91 - Tanor Bortolini, C

Then you’ve got 5 picks to play with on day 3. A bunch of comp picks in 2025 you can use. Trade for a vet maybe. Or package to get a mid 4th rounder to add quality depth to DT or WR.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

7 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Brooks in the first round is looking more and more likely. Unless Dallas makes a move back up high into the 2nd or late in the first, he is going to be the 24th pick.

And I'm going to break my TV.

That's a major reach.  If it happens I won't break my TV.  I may die laughing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Northland said:

LOL. Agreed. This would be epic, unbridled levels of stupid. Talk about a white flag moment as a fan. Good grief.

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

#56 - Jonathan Brooks, RB (would consider small trade up to ensure you land him)

#87 - Trevon Wallace, LB

#91 - Tanor Bortolini, C

Then you’ve got 5 picks to play with on day 3. A bunch of comp picks in 2025 you can use. Trade for a vet maybe. Or package to get a mid 4th rounder to add quality depth to DT or WR.

I think people are expecting too late a pick for Brooks. With all the hype linking him to Dallas I watched him a lot today. I can really see why he gets the attention. And I'm no pro scout. I was barely a flicker on a candle during my coaching and scouting days. So if I see it. They do too ... If he really lasts till 54, Id be so happy. 

But realistically, in your scenario, Brooks would have to be the guy at 32nto ensure they get him. Knee or not, I see a ton of Todd Gurley there. And despite his flash in pan sizzling out fast due to a degenerative knee problem of his own, that kid was electric, star studded, and bound for greatness before that injury resurfaced.

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

LOL. Agreed. This would be epic, unbridled levels of stupid. Talk about a white flag moment as a fan. Good grief.

@Northland as well...

And sorry for the length here, but I can't explain how it makes sense (even if it makes me unhappy as a fan) without mentioning all of the many factors and possibilities that could all likely happen to make Brooks at 24 make sense..

I mean I wouldn't say it's any more a reach than Gibbs was last year. Brooks is a very good player who could boost this offense to where it should have been if Pollard performed to expectations.

I think the problem with him at 24 is that there are indeed other pressing needs to resolve, and likely very good players available who are capable of solving those needs.

But I don't see Guyton or Mims are the solution at OT, because both have a ton of "upside" (that's a dirty word in my opinion) but don't seem all that capable of coming in right now and resolving a vital weakness. Both of them MAY even be more suited, long haul, for the right side over the left. JPJ could be gone as early as the Eagles, could last into the early to mid 20s, and if so, jumping a couple teams to get him Id be so onboard with. Waiting it out could.be risky. But if it works. Great. But I'd say improbable.

So what really is left at that point? Probably some good receiver options. The OT guys I mentioned likely will be there, but again, likely not an instant improvement. That other center I keep forgetting his name. Came in for a 30 visit I believe. He'd be a good option depending on how they view him. And then, the linebackers. Junior Colson at 24 could be viewed as a reach depending on what's available, but still makes sense to me given the clear fit between ability, need, and fit to the scheme, as well as being an instant improvement and likely a starter from day 1. A few cornerback options noteworthy at 24 may still be there, but depending who else remains, I can't see corner being the pick. Especially in a corner class that doesn't really impress me.much.

Perhaps there's a QB lingering on the board that entices Jerry enough. Or another team at least, to inquire on a trade...

So all this considered...if you add in the fact that this team is madly in love with over selecting players for the sake of the 5th year option. And that Brooks surgeon/doctor is this teams surgeon/doctor (and they have drafted many players with medical flags before who worked with their team physicians, trusting in their doctors ability and having the inside scoop). Not to mention, Brooks is absolutely a first round grade in talent and ability, just not in his position which has been heavily devalued. And if the medicals are good, he is absolutely and unequivocally the best RB on the team from day 1 and it's not even close. And not that it matters much, but he's also a Texas guy, so a rather local star which is certainly marketable....

Put all of that together and him going at 24 makes sense. Again, depending on who is still available. And if guys worth taking at other key need positions truly are gone, which leaves Brooks as the top graded player at a key need position left on the board....then ideally you at least look to move back a few spots, as Brooks at 24 sounds far less favorable than say, Brooks and a 3rd round pick at the 29th or 30th pick.

Depending on the scenario and how this thing plays out. I really could see it happening. And it would make some sense. But it would really dishearten me. I'd still rather take a guy with huge potential at LT, even if he may not be higher graded than Brooks and/or need a year or two to clean up his game and make him suitable to start. And play Asim or someone else inside, with Tyler outside again. Than select a RB in round 1 when there are so many needs this team needs to address and a draft class very heavy on high quality "project level" prospects that address several of those needs.

I don't know guys. I really wouldn't be happy doing it. But I think I would understand if they did it, depending on how the draft goes on the way to 24. But I think I'd even rather trade out of the first round entirely and add more selections, than take a running back in round 1. Not because Brooks isn't 1st round talented, but because this team has too many voids to go and fill the absolutely least valuable (albeit very impactful) position of those voids, with it's highest valued pick.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I think people are expecting too late a pick for Brooks. With all the hype linking him to Dallas I watched him a lot today. I can really see why he gets the attention. And I'm no pro scout. I was barely a flicker on a candle during my coaching and scouting days. So if I see it. They do too ... If he really lasts till 54, Id be so happy. 

But realistically, in your scenario, Brooks would have to be the guy at 32nto ensure they get him. Knee or not, I see a ton of Todd Gurley there. And despite his flash in pan sizzling out fast due to a degenerative knee problem of his own, that kid was electric, star studded, and bound for greatness before that injury resurfaced.

Runningbacks fall, and this one is coming off an ACL. If he’s long gone, so be it. Give me Benson.

For the love of god, don’t take him with your first pick.

5 hours ago, Northland said:

I would laugh as well. Logic tells you they have to take a center or tackle. Nothing surprises me with the Cowboys though.

2 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

@Northland as well...

And sorry for the length here, but I can't explain how it makes sense (even if it makes me unhappy as a fan) without mentioning all of the many factors and possibilities that could all likely happen to make Brooks at 24 make sense..

I mean I wouldn't say it's any more a reach than Gibbs was last year. Brooks is a very good player who could boost this offense to where it should have been if Pollard performed to expectations.

I think the problem with him at 24 is that there are indeed other pressing needs to resolve, and likely very good players available who are capable of solving those needs.

But I don't see Guyton or Mims are the solution at OT, because both have a ton of "upside" (that's a dirty word in my opinion) but don't seem all that capable of coming in right now and resolving a vital weakness. Both of them MAY even be more suited, long haul, for the right side over the left. JPJ could be gone as early as the Eagles, could last into the early to mid 20s, and if so, jumping a couple teams to get him Id be so onboard with. Waiting it out could.be risky. But if it works. Great. But I'd say improbable.

So what really is left at that point? Probably some good receiver options. The OT guys I mentioned likely will be there, but again, likely not an instant improvement. That other center I keep forgetting his name. Came in for a 30 visit I believe. He'd be a good option depending on how they view him. And then, the linebackers. Junior Colson at 24 could be viewed as a reach depending on what's available, but still makes sense to me given the clear fit between ability, need, and fit to the scheme, as well as being an instant improvement and likely a starter from day 1. A few cornerback options noteworthy at 24 may still be there, but depending who else remains, I can't see corner being the pick. Especially in a corner class that doesn't really impress me.much.

Perhaps there's a QB lingering on the board that entices Jerry enough. Or another team at least, to inquire on a trade...

So all this considered...if you add in the fact that this team is madly in love with over selecting players for the sake of the 5th year option. And that Brooks surgeon/doctor is this teams surgeon/doctor (and they have drafted many players with medical flags before who worked with their team physicians, trusting in their doctors ability and having the inside scoop). Not to mention, Brooks is absolutely a first round grade in talent and ability, just not in his position which has been heavily devalued. And if the medicals are good, he is absolutely and unequivocally the best RB on the team from day 1 and it's not even close. And not that it matters much, but he's also a Texas guy, so a rather local star which is certainly marketable....

Put all of that together and him going at 24 makes sense. Again, depending on who is still available. And if guys worth taking at other key need positions truly are gone, which leaves Brooks as the top graded player at a key need position left on the board....then ideally you at least look to move back a few spots, as Brooks at 24 sounds far less favorable than say, Brooks and a 3rd round pick at the 29th or 30th pick.

Depending on the scenario and how this thing plays out. I really could see it happening. And it would make some sense. But it would really dishearten me. I'd still rather take a guy with huge potential at LT, even if he may not be higher graded than Brooks and/or need a year or two to clean up his game and make him suitable to start. And play Asim or someone else inside, with Tyler outside again. Than select a RB in round 1 when there are so many needs this team needs to address and a draft class very heavy on high quality "project level" prospects that address several of those needs.

I don't know guys. I really wouldn't be happy doing it. But I think I would understand if they did it, depending on how the draft goes on the way to 24. But I think I'd even rather trade out of the first round entirely and add more selections, than take a running back in round 1. Not because Brooks isn't 1st round talented, but because this team has too many voids to go and fill the absolutely least valuable (albeit very impactful) position of those voids, with it's highest valued pick.

I didn’t read a word of this. No offense. RB in rd1 is a terrible idea imo and that isn’t changing any time soon.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

#87 - Trevon Wallace, LB

#91 - Tanor Bortolini, C

Not bad. Not bad at all.

22 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Kinsgley Suamataia

I went back and watched tape of him. He checks all the boxes for measurables and athletics. But his entire bag of techniques has to be emptied and refilled. No punch. Feet are too close together. Plays on his heels. If you want to draft a project it might be wiser to pick Kiran Amegadjie.