2024 Mocks

D82

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

Who would be this plug and play LT? 

You could ask that question about a lot of prospects. Let's take a leap of faith and say yes plug and play.  Big need at OT, specifically LT.  Deepest OT draft in years.  Hope that need and BPA meet at 24.

14 hours ago, cromagnum said:

It’s the same problem every year and nothing will change. Jerry has become cheap *** which is why Garret lasted so long  and why McCarthy is still here. If they really wanted to go all in they would have brought Belichek in  signed Dak CD to extensions so they have cap room and bring in some actual players in free agency. 
As long as they are  making money winning is secondary. I have not gone to a game since 2016 and refuse to give Jerry any of my hard earned money ever again. I’ll still watch some but I don’t watch every game anymore like I used too as it’s Groundhog Day every with the Cowboys as long as Jerry is around.

Dak and Belichick is a recipe for disaster. Dak isn’t talented enough to elevate the team and overcome the clear limitations in Belichick’s terrible offenses. 

Texas DT T’Vondre Sweat was arrested in Austin this afternoon and charged with DWI, according to a report by @KXAN_News.

Sweat, who had a formal interview with the Cowboys at the combine, is expected to be a day 2 pick in the NFL Draft later this month.

https://x.com/nickharrisdc/status/1777073083221791192?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

I’ve been seeing him mocked to late 2nd early 3rd. May start seeing him mid to late 3rd to 4th now if any other character concerns pop up between now and then.

I mean how stupid are you gonna be, just before the draft. Dumb ***

14 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Texas DT T’Vondre Sweat was arrested in Austin this afternoon and charged with DWI, according to a report by @KXAN_News.

Sweat, who had a formal interview with the Cowboys at the combine, is expected to be a day 2 pick in the NFL Draft later this month.

https://x.com/nickharrisdc/status/1777073083221791192?s=46&t=ktd6JTByZwOAf6VhdnN4wg

I’ve been seeing him mocked to late 2nd early 3rd. May start seeing him mid to late 3rd to 4th now if any other character concerns pop up between now and then.

I mean how stupid are you gonna be, just before the draft. Dumb ***

I just posted the tweet in the draft prospects thread. IMO, the furthest he’ll fall would be the start of the 3rd round. I don’t think that many teams will care all that much.

5 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I just posted the tweet in the draft prospects thread. IMO, the furthest he’ll fall would be the start of the 3rd round. I don’t think that many teams will care all that much.

Idk why I posted it here lol. Could have sworn I was in the prospects thread 

22 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Dak and Belichick is a recipe for disaster. Dak isn’t talented enough to elevate the team and overcome the clear limitations in Belichick’s terrible offenses. 

Maybe it’s a disaster but if you’re gonna go all in then get either Belichek or Harbaugh and really go for it like the Rams did. Jerry was never gonna do that though hence why the cowboys will never win a superbowl with Jerry and Stephen running the team. Groundhog Day every season. When you say the truth your called a hater.

1 hour ago, cromagnum said:

Maybe it’s a disaster but if you’re gonna go all in then get either Belichek or Harbaugh and really go for it like the Rams did. Jerry was never gonna do that though hence why the cowboys will never win a superbowl with Jerry and Stephen running the team. Groundhog Day every season. When you say the truth your called a hater.

You're talking to one of the original truth tellers. I've been the lucky recipient of message board vitriol basically since this site launched, because I've been critical of Jerry from the beginning, and have openly stated that neither Romo nor Dak were good enough to win a championship.

61.6% Comp | 4:1 TD:INT Ratio | 7.11 Y/A | 7.49 AY/A | 93.0 PSR | 220YPG | 1.3 TD/G | 0.3 INT/G
60.5% Comp | 2:1 TD:INT Ratio | 7.04 Y/A | 6.93 AY/A | 87.4 PSR | 234YPG | 1.5 TD/G | 0.75 INT/G

One can win a SB, one can't - logic!

In a recent GM Draft I did, Mimis went 21 to WAS and Latham had gone to CIN at 18 so I ended up taking Jackson Powers-Johnson.  In the 2nd I ended up taking Jeremiah Trotter Jr. after both Paul and Beebe had just jumped off the board and Cooper and Wilson had gone a few picks before that.  Right after that pick Junior Colson came off to TB so clearly an early run on the few ILB's with starting potential.  IT wasn't a day 1 need but I didn't care for Blake Fisher or Christian Haynes at this point and figure Trotter was BPA.    In the 3rd, I traded down and picked up an extra pick, then selected Dominick Puni out of Kansas to play LG and let me slide Smith over to LT.  Not ideal, but that's what happens when you do nothing in FA and force your hand going into the draft.  Zak Zinter was another option that went a few picks later but I liked Puni more than Zinter here. I then packaged a 5th and 6th to jump up to the end of the 4th and snagged Braelon Allen to lead our RBBC.  At this point Wright, Brooks, Guerendo, Estime, Shipley and Corum were all off the board.  Right after Irving and Davis came off the board.  Had given Irving some serious consideration but didn't think he provided the right scheme fit for us and wasn't the work horse for short yardage/goalline plays we need.  Rico and Vaughn provide enough in the pass game IMO so felt like Allen was the better fit and a poor-man's Zeke-lite.  Still have 174 (5th) and 244 (7th) to go, but Draft's about done for impact players in 2024/25 and will be mostly BPA here on out.

Summary:
1. Jackson Powers-Johnson (IOL) Oregon
2. Jeremiah Trotter JR. (ILB) Clemson
3. Dominick Puni (OG) Kansas
4. Braelon Allen (RB) Wisconsin
5. TBD
7. TBD

7 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That’s a very generous reframing of your Dak takes over the years.

He didn't resemble an NFL QB at all early in his career. In fact, he was dreadful and was basically carried by the cast around him. Now, he just proves that he isn't talented enough to elevate the team and win when it matters. He comes up small and fails.

26 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

He didn't resemble an NFL QB at all early in his career. In fact, he was dreadful and was basically carried by the cast around him. Now, he just proves that he isn't talented enough to elevate the team and win when it matters. He comes up small and fails.

Dreadful to a 104.9 PSR with a 5:1 TD:INT ratio and AP OROY honors... our standards have gotten so high... lol

41 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Dreadful to a 104.9 PSR with a 5:1 TD:INT ratio and AP OROY honors... our standards have gotten so high... lol

Those stats are meaningless when you watch the games. Dink and dunk throws early on, empty stats late in games, terrible turnovers, and coming up small in important games - which is his history - far outweighs a QBR. And I'm not going to apologize for it. He is not good when it matters. We have 8 years of evidence.

Dak supporters baffle me. It's literal cognitive dissonance. You know that he plays terribly. You know that he comes up small when it matters. You know that he's incapable of putting a team on his back. You know that he's nearly entirely dependent on the team around him. Yet, it's always someone else's fault, and his QBR/PSR/TD:INT ratio, etc. are what matter. Not the terrible losses. Nope. Ratings.

Good. Grief.

Edited by plan9misfit

8 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

1) Kingsley Suamataia

2) Payton Wilson

3) Trey Benson

Wilson is the perfect rd2 pick for Dallas. Sizable talent with a significant injury history. No way it doesn’t happen.