Titans Hire Brian Callahan for HC

615finest

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

this seems....weird

Yeah. He is a Vrabel guy. I want to say nobody but us would make him DC but obviously has outside interest. 

Maybe Vrabel was holding him back and kneecapping the defense. 

I don’t necessarily hate the idea of keeping Bowen. It’s not exciting, I’d rather have the Ravens DB coach, but I can see the argument. The offense obviously needs and is in line for a massive overhaul. But the defense outperformed it’s talent level much of the year and I wouldn’t be totally against some continuity on that side of the ball while you focus almost entirely on the offense.

15 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I don’t necessarily hate the idea of keeping Bowen. It’s not exciting, I’d rather have the Ravens DB coach, but I can see the argument. The offense obviously needs and is in line for a massive overhaul. But the defense outperformed it’s talent level much of the year and I wouldn’t be totally against some continuity on that side of the ball while you focus almost entirely on the offense.

i don't necessarily disagree, but it feels so difficult to disaggregate what he was responsible for with what vrabel was responsible for. guess we'd find out lol. it also feels a little strange that we've already let go of defensive assistants like ryan crow if we're going to keep bowen. 

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i don't necessarily disagree, but it feels so difficult to disaggregate what he was responsible for with what vrabel was responsible for. guess we'd find out lol. it also feels a little strange that we've already let go of defensive assistants like ryan crow if we're going to keep bowen. 

It’s one of those things where I have no idea how good of a DC Bowen is. Before this year, a lot of us were in a rush to credit Schwartz over him. It could be Vrabel. But if the players, Ran, and Callahan all independently decide he’s good at his job, I just kind of have to bank on him being good at his job right? 

I’m say something that’s the elephant in the room and may be a bit uncomfortable to mention but the benefit of hiring a minority as a coordinator can’t be undervalued. If they’re good, we either hang onto him or get a 3rd rounder back if we lose him.

20 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Let’s get it locked up today!!!

Our only shot is if McDonald stays with the ravens. Man I seriously hope though we’re done with Bowen. He’s not terrible but I just want nothing to do with vrabel era

1 thing Brian Callahan said that shows me we have a HC that gets it for all you that are hooked on drafting a T @ 7. Per Cally Protection doesn’t just start with the OL, sometimes you need WR’s that can separate & get open quick, QB’s have to be able to get rid of the ball fast & go through their progression 😭 where have you been all my titan life  🙏🏽🙌🏽

Someone said it on twitter, and I agree...Bowen has been able to slow down some of the more prolific QBs (Burrow, Mahomes, Allen) on a few different occasions and Callahan values that a lot. That doesn't mean he's the right DC and that it makes sense to keep him...but I see the "good" in keeping him. He's a good DC IMO, I don't think it'd be the worst thing in the world to keep him.

My biggest issue in Bowen's tenure is our lack of turnovers. Much of that has to do with horrible talent in the secondary, but that's one space I really want to see improvement in.

11 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Someone said it on twitter, and I agree...Bowen has been able to slow down some of the more prolific QBs (Burrow, Mahomes, Allen) on a few different occasions and Callahan values that a lot. That doesn't mean he's the right DC and that it makes sense to keep him...but I see the "good" in keeping him. He's a good DC IMO, I don't think it'd be the worst thing in the world to keep him.

My biggest issue in Bowen's tenure is our lack of turnovers. Much of that has to do with horrible talent in the secondary, but that's one space I really want to see improvement in.

As Callahan said, he wants a DC that can give his offense fits. And "Bowen's" defenses have given the Bengals a lot of problems.

• Like 1