The Coaching Staff Thread

Totty

Not looking good. Even if it’s Kliff he still has huge question marks on his offense. Not like he had a great offense in AZ. Hopefully there is some other candidate that we don’t know of. But not looking great 

• Like 1

At least we're having patience with the OC hiring...I thought Eric B would be our guy but he hasn't been let go. Washington is doing things right with GM first and waiting patiently to hire the HC.  That might not be good for Eric B. as he will probably get fired and that's after all the OC jobs have gone away...

SF probably about to lose a lot of assistants to other teams...Detroit ...Mark Burnell about to get moved up or go elsewhere. 

So the question becomes Klint or Kliff?  

I know that Kliff runs a Spread/Air Raid... What does Klint do?

can an X's and O's guy give me a run down?  Which rookie fits either scheme better etc?

24 minutes ago, Totty said:

can an X's and O's guy give me a run down?  Which rookie fits either scheme better etc?

I will say this, if it's Kliff the amount of quarterbacks that could work in that offense is very limited because it requires a quarterback that can run in order to maximize that offense. If it's Klint, it actually gives more options at quarterback because the quarterback doesn't even necessarily need to be mobile to work in a Shanahan offense. That said, I would like Kliff simply because I would like that type of quarterback. 

It does seem like though, based on some of the interviews that we've seen that , they are looking for that Shanahan McVay tree, because it appears to be safer. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Totty said:

Clint runs that Shanahan McVay style that emphasizes inside zone runs and play action passing. Just think of teams like the Rams, Packers Niners Browns, Bengals, Dolphins And Vikings(Obviously, they're not the exact same, but they are variations of the same concepts). So a pocket passer like Kirk cousins or AOC can work the same way a mobile qb can work. I could see a quarterback, like Bo Nix also doing really well in an offense like this. 

• Like 2