2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

33 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

Isn't Mekhi Becton a free agent? Is he a 1 year prove it deal (including incentives) player in 2024?

I would think so. I suppose that someone could give him an Andre Dillard type deal to just bet on the upside. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would think so. I suppose that someone could give him an Andre Dillard type deal to just bet on the upside. 

Maybe the Chiefs would consider bringing him in for their "OT rental" as a "veteran" to compete with Wanya Morris.

Not sure if Dotson is good or if the whole Rams unit as a whole got way better with coaching. There’s nothing amazing he does besides be a mountain of a man. The power scheme just made us play so much better. I’ll argue Avilla was the most important piece with Alaric Jackson holding Staffords blind side. I don’t understand PFF grading system. But the whole unit was one, specially since our running game was bad without Kyren. But with Kyren it became a top 3-5 unit. 

Which is again can we afford to let Dotson go? He was good but how good? I have no idea. I’ll argue coaching was our best weapon. 
this is scary. Would love him back but not for 10+ mill.. Unless we restructure Donald, Rob, Staffords and Kupps deal putting us over 100 million cap. Then sure let’s pay him..

Ahkello Witherspoon, Danielle Hunter, Chris Jones and an extra linemen for depth. Let’s freaking go baby. 

5 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Isn't Mekhi Becton a free agent? Is he a 1 year prove it deal (including incentives) player in 2024?

Definitely. I know he wasn't very good last year but the Jets entire offense was a mess and there was obviously going to be some rust after basically missing two straight seasons. The fact that he was actually able to stay healthy for 16 games is encouraging and he clearly has elite tools.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Definitely. I know he wasn't very good last year but the Jets entire offense was a mess and there was obviously going to be some rust after basically missing two straight seasons. The fact that he was actually able to stay healthy for 16 games is encouraging and he clearly has elite tools.

I am wondering if he would be willing to sign for a 1 year "prove it" deal. He could be a cost effective replacement for Donovan Smith and compete with Wanya Morris at left tackle for the Chiefs. I think we can get by with an average LT if we don't have an opportunity to add an elite talent.

• Forge unpinned this topic