2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I mean, I imagine every player would want that list of things lol. Good luck finding all that in one spot, though. 

Lol, right.

I want the most money possible and the best situation possible... Typically there's a bit of a negotiation there. More money or better setup.

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I mean, I imagine every player would want that list of things lol. Good luck finding all that in one spot, though. 

Buffalo seems most fitting?

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Reminds me of women on dating apps

"I wan a man who's at least 6'0, makes $100K a year, can cook, clean, and worship me."

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

on the real though. I think the only situation that comes to mind at all would be KC. How much can they afford to pay him, and how much would they realistically be willing to pay?

11 hours ago, adamq said:

I'm thinking it's leverage against Chicago. Atl knows Chi wants off Fields, so pretending to he interested in Kirk could drive the price down even more

No, I have a feeling ownership is really pushing win now based on everything that occured to start the offseason. And signing Cousins just screams desperation so it fits too well

28 minutes ago, Falconof Shadows said:

No, I have a feeling ownership is really pushing win now based on everything that occured to start the offseason. And signing Cousins just screams desperation so it fits too well

Unless you're throwing absurd money (55-60M) Kirk's way, I doubt he leaves Minnesota. Unless Ownership/GM inform him early on before FA, we can only afford 35-40m in order to resign JJ as well. If not we plan on moving up in the draft/drafting a Rookie. 

You're choice Kirk type situation. 

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Unless you're throwing absurd money (55-60M) Kirk's way, I doubt he leaves Minnesota. Unless Ownership/GM inform him early on before FA, we can only afford 35-40m in order to resign JJ as well. If not we plan on moving up in the draft/drafting a Rookie. 

You're choice Kirk type situation. 

I think they will sadly the pressure is there from ownership. And I read somewhere that if Cousins teaches the new league year with no deal it's 25m dead cap to the vikings cap and once that happens a new contract would go on top of that. So there's definitely a deadline 

3 hours ago, Soko said:

Buffalo seems most fitting?

They don't have any money.

Ravens, Bills, Chiefs, he'd be the #1 with a great QB on a superbowl contending team, but they don't have the money.

Lions, Bengals, Rams, Eagles, Vikings are potential contenders with money but he wouldn't be the main guy on any of them.

49ers, Cowboys, Dolphins, Browns, more contenders with no money. Or not top flight WR money, anyway. None have a need at WR or a truly elite QB, either.

Maybe something like the Jaguars, Texans, or Packers get close-ish. But we're stretching what we call an elite QB and a superbowl contender a little bit, at that point, and Houston and Green Bay should be happy developing the guys on roster anyway, IMO.

Really just feels like Hopkins all over again, honestly. Chiefs fans were excited by all the contender talk, and then he went to the Titans lol. It's just saying what looks best in front of the press while your agent works for the biggest payday. Which is fine, there's just no reason to buy this kind of talk, IMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Danger said:

on the real though. I think the only situation that comes to mind at all would be KC. How much can they afford to pay him, and how much would they realistically be willing to pay?

They can afford it if they want, but won't be willing to do so, IMO.

45 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

They don't have any money.

Ravens, Bills, Chiefs, he'd be the #1 with a great QB on a superbowl contending team, but they don't have the money.

Lions, Bengals, Rams, Eagles, Vikings are potential contenders with money but he wouldn't be the main guy on any of them.

49ers, Cowboys, Dolphins, Browns, more contenders with no money. Or not top flight WR money, anyway. None have a need at WR or a truly elite QB, either.

Maybe something like the Jaguars, Texans, or Packers get close-ish. But we're stretching what we call an elite QB and a superbowl contender a little bit, at that point, and Houston and Green Bay should be happy developing the guys on roster anyway, IMO.

Really just feels like Hopkins all over again, honestly. Chiefs fans were excited by all the contender talk, and then he went to the Titans lol. It's just saying what looks best in front of the press while your agent works for the biggest payday. Which is fine, there's just no reason to buy this kind of talk, IMO.

I misread their cap, $41M over, not $41M under, lol. Oh well. 

The Von Miller contract was ugly when it was signed, it’s uglier now.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Texans?

I just kind of don't see why you'd want to spend top money on Evans when you have Collins and Dell. Got youth and talent on O. Feels like they should invest in their defense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I just kind of don't see why you'd want to spend top money on Evans when you have Collins and Dell. Got youth and talent on O. Feels like they should invest in their defense.

they’re just about the only team that fits his requirement list. I mean at least if you squint a little bit. And it’s a hour away from his home town so that’s cool.

Why did the Chiefs sign Sammy Watkins when they had Kelce and Hill? Granted it helps when one is a TE, but a super potent offense with Demeco coaching up the defense isn’t a bad thing either. 

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Reminds me of women on dating apps

"I wan a man who's at least 6'0, makes $100K a year, can cook, clean, and worship me."

"Best you deserve is a double order of fries. Prince Charming ain't gonna settle for you, so you should consider it."