2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, El Ramster said:

I want Josh bad. Maybe a trade

with Jags. 1st and 2nd next year… 
but yeah the Jags would be crazy to let him walk. They’re building something nice out there. 

Honestly, that doesn't even move the needle for me.  Especially with how junk this Edge group looks this year and where that Rams pick will be.

I think fundamentally, you just cannot let an elite pass rusher walk while you're trying to capitalize on Lawrence affordable rookie deal.  Period.  So you'd have to be waving around multiple 1sts+, like a "franchise QB" sort of trade value.  That's how important i think he is to the Jaguars.

I just really hope he sees that they're trying to build something nice, and is willing to hitch his wagon to Lawrence and the Jaguars in nice sunny Florida.  And i don't even really care if they have to "overpay" him to get it done long-term.

• 3 weeks later...

Also @ET80 and @Forge, I know we typically don't sticky threads in Gen but would it make sense to for major long-term threads such as general FA discussion (At least until the regular season begins)? I had to go digging through a few pages to find this thread and I know others usually wouldn't do the same if they wanted to discuss a topic.

Just my two cents. 

• Like 3

On 1/27/2024 at 9:47 PM, rob_shadows said:

Lions need to go all in fixing the pass defense, in all honesty with how atrocious our pass D has been this year we're probably punching above our weight class making it to the NFC championship game.

This team cannot go into 2024 with Cam Sutton as CB1. Hopefully one of the top F/A CBs doesn't get franchised and the Lions can nab one.

Well adding a pass rush would help. Glad to see them take a flyer on CFL sack leader Betts and sign him. 

Poor man's Cameron Wake but I'll take any pass rush 

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This looks like the best potential FA DT group... in a long time:

• Chris Jones
  • Leonard Williams
  • Christian Wilkins
  • Justin Madubuike
  • DJ Reader
  • Fletcher Cox

I expect only half of them to actually see the market.

Probably Jones, Cox, and Reader see the market.

21 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Well adding a pass rush would help. Glad to see them take a flyer on CFL sack leader Betts and sign him. 

Poor man's Cameron Wake but I'll take any pass rush 

I'm a big CFL fan and Betts isn't in the same universe as what Wake was. Everyone who watched the CFL knew he was going to be an incredible NFLer. Betts is good but I don't think much of him at the next level. Not to mention he'll be 29 next month.

Don't get me wrong, I love when guys make the jump up and I hope he kills it for Detroit. But I question if his play will translate.

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm a big CFL fan and Betts isn't in the same universe as what Wake was. Everyone who watched the CFL knew he was going to be an incredible NFLer. Betts is good but I don't think much of him at the next level. Not to mention he'll be 29 next month.

Don't get me wrong, I love when guys make the jump up and I hope he kills it for Detroit. But I question if his play will translate.

Another motor and relentless is better than anything they put out opposite Hutch this year 

54 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Also @ET80 and @Forge, I know we typically don't sticky threads in Gen but would it make sense to for major long-term threads such as general FA discussion (At least until the regular season begins)? I had to go digging through a few pages to find this thread and I know others usually wouldn't do the same if they wanted to discuss a topic.

Just my two cents. 

Sure.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

• Chris Jones
  • Leonard Williams
  • Christian Wilkins
  • Justin Madubuike
  • DJ Reader
  • Fletcher Cox

Good news for the Texans too if Sheldon Rankins signs with another team. 

• Like 2

Esp after the SB Chiefs would be crazy to let Jones walk. I don't think it happens. AND in his drunken slumber at the parade, he said he was coming back next year, and the year after that, and the year after that. So obviously 3-year contract inc, book it. =P

• Like 1

Danielle Hunter is the only top notch pass rusher you can guarantee will hit free agency, thanks to his no tag clause. Burns and Josh Allen? No chance they don't get tagged if they don't get the big new deals they deserve. The Danielle Hunter bidding war should be fun to watch.

Hoping the Eagles can get both Jordyn Brooks and Frankie Luvu to be our new ILB's.
Wouldn't mind CGJ coming back to Philly either. 

Safety class could be loaded depending on who gets tagged. No chance TB lets Winfield Jr walk, but even without him there is a lot of interesting names that could potentially hit the market, like Dugger, Stone, McKinney, Chinn, Whitehead, Alohi Gilman, etc.

Don't know how much I'd trust Cashman or Greenard to be successful away from DeMeco. 

Jaylon Johnson definitely getting tagged or tagged and traded if he and Da Bears don't get a long term deal done. Don't be surprised if Philly trades for him like they did for AJ Brown.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2024 at 9:54 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

• Chris Jones
  • Leonard Williams
  • Christian Wilkins
  • Justin Madubuike
  • DJ Reader
  • Fletcher Cox

Madubuike to Detroit please and thank you 

Edited by Louis Friend

On 2/14/2024 at 9:54 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

• Chris Jones
  • Leonard Williams
  • Christian Wilkins
  • Justin Madubuike
  • DJ Reader
  • Fletcher Cox

I’d venture to guess at least half of them get tagged.