2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

good free agents left: DJ Chark, Tyler Boyd, David Bakhtiari, Mekhi Becton, Isaiah Simmons, Xavien Howard, Mike Danna Justin Simmons, Julian Blackmon, Stephon Gillmore, Hunter Renfrow, Michael Gallup, DJ Humpries, Andrus Peat, Adoree Jackson

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

David Bakhtiari

A one year deal with Washington to see if there is anything left in the tank might make sense.

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Tyler Boyd

If we don't do anything early at WR in the draft, I like the 1 year deal here too. 

50 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

A one year deal with Washington to see if there is anything left in the tank might make sense.

If you've got a turf field, he's probably less likely to sign with you.

• Like 1

Dalton Risner is still available, isn't he? 

Some of those guys look washed or have injury issues. For players like Boyd, Simmons and Risner, my guess is they are asking for more than anyone will pay at this point. They'll probably drop their prices ahead of the draft. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Dalton Risner is still available, isn't he? 

Some of those guys look washed or have injury issues. For players like Boyd, Simmons and Risner, my guess is they are asking for more than anyone will pay at this point. They'll probably drop their prices ahead of the draft. 

A lot of the guys left will inevitably settle for one year deals late in hopes of trying again next year.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 8:21 AM, MikeT14 said:

It's grass, but still loves tearing ACLs. 

Ah, so like the Cardinals' field. It was supposed to be state of the art and the nicest field in the NFL, and I think week 1 of 2022 we were missing like 6 or 7 starters to ACL/Achilles/Knee/Hamstring injuries. Against the Chiefs. 

14 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Ah, so like the Cardinals' field. It was supposed to be state of the art and the nicest field in the NFL, and I think week 1 of 2022 we were missing like 6 or 7 starters to ACL/Achilles/Knee/Hamstring injuries. Against the Chiefs. 

Chiefs kicker also twisted his ankle on the first play of the game, and McDuffie got hurt and was out almost all season because of the terrible grass conditions. Everybody blamed the monsoons, but it was like that all season. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, adamq said:

Zeke and a rookie like Brooks (if he gets healthy) could be a really good backfield 

Yeah because of Brooks. Zeke is donezos. I don’t hate it for Dallas, but he is a shell of the shell of himself. He would be their emergency back, not someone they would be leaning on.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah because of Brooks. Zeke is donezos. I don’t hate it for Dallas, but he is a shell of the shell of himself. He would be their emergency back, not someone they would be leaning on.

I thought he looked fine down the stretch last year. He isn't a guy anyone would rely on to take a majority of the workload, but he can definitely handle like 30%

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Have you seen their depth chart? Elliott would play.

11 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Have you seen their depth chart? Elliott would play.

Yeah. But they are absolutely gonna draft a RB pretty high. That will be the starting RB. The backup will get some touches sure, but I wouldn’t expect Elliot’s touches to be meaningful.

The post was in response to saying that adding Zeke to Dallas would net them a “really good backfield” after drafting someone.