2024 Free Agency Discussion

RaidersAreOne

On 3/27/2024 at 9:21 PM, Humble_Beast said:

good free agents left: DJ Chark, Tyler Boyd, David Bakhtiari, Mekhi Becton, Isaiah Simmons, Xavien Howard, Mike Danna Justin Simmons, Julian Blackmon, Stephon Gillmore, Hunter Renfrow, Michael Gallup, DJ Humpries, Andrus Peat, Adoree Jackson

I would be pretty happy if the Falcons could get any of those 3 along with Callias Campbell.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Zeke isn't really even worth a roster spot at this point.

Yeah, I'd honestly rather just roll with multiple rookies than Zeke, at this point.

18 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah. But they are absolutely gonna draft a RB pretty high. That will be the starting RB. The backup will get some touches sure, but I wouldn’t expect Elliot’s touches to be meaningful.

The post was in response to saying that adding Zeke to Dallas would net them a “really good backfield” after drafting someone.

What makes you so sure of that? Dallas is going to have to draft 2 starting offensive lineman.  Their 1st round pick is almost certainly going to be an OT.  It's not like they have an embarrassment of riches in draft picks either.  It's a very good chance they don't address RB til day 3 and it ain't exactly a strong RB class either.  

I don't mind giving Zeke a roster spot for his pass protection alone. 

Plus, running back / center versatility is just not something you see a lot

• Like 6

I’m not going to pretend like I watched Commanders games towards the end of the year last year, but it looks like he was very active with tackles in the final 4 games of the season.

Any Commanders fans, did he play as good as his stats indicate down the stretch last season? Appears to be an athletic special teams guy/undersized LB that finally got a chance to start late in the season?

54 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I’m not going to pretend like I watched Commanders games towards the end of the year last year, but it looks like he was very active with tackles in the final 4 games of the season.

Any Commanders fans, did he play as good as his stats indicate down the stretch last season? Appears to be an athletic special teams guy/undersized LB that finally got a chance to start late in the season?

He'll be decent depth for you. Spent most of his time on the roster with some time on the practice squad. I hope he's not starting, but you could do worse having him as a fill in/ST.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The eagles did something similar one year. The Dream Team. Nnamdi. (The other) Steve Smith. Ronnie Brown. Jason Babin.

Missed the playoffs, but finished 8-8 after winning their last 4 to end the year

Here's one you probably haven't thought of: What are the Chargers going to do for a fullback? Greg Roman likes using one. There are zero true FBs in the draft -- they are all converted from other positions, and are all on the smallish side. The Falcons won't re-sign Keith Smith, but Roman might think he's a little too light. Maybe LA will wait to see who doesn't make the Saints -- Zander Horvath (who was released by the Chargers last season) or Adam Prentice.

25 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

Here's one you probably haven't thought of: What are the Chargers going to do for a fullback? Greg Roman likes using one. There are zero true FBs in the draft -- they are all converted from other positions, and are all on the smallish side. The Falcons won't re-sign Keith Smith, but Roman might think he's a little too light. Maybe LA will wait to see who doesn't make the Saints -- Zander Horvath (who was released by the Chargers last season) or Adam Prentice.

What size does he want? Commanders had a fullback the last three seasons that I don't think will be back. Alex Armah. He's listed as 6'1 255