Around The League

Jerry

4 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

But that also proves the Raiders incompetence though, that they let someone like Carr start for sooooo many years. No chance Carr is a starter for 8-9 years on any of the other 31 teams. Zero chance. The Raiders are just incompetent. 

Won't argue with that.  Lots of questionable decisions over 20+ years now. 

8 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

IMG-7430.jpg

Fumble Master, Zero Awareness Captain Carr.

Dude really is useless without a Top 3 Pass Protection in the NFL. 

clown. don't even know how to understand stats. Of course had to force the issue and make something happen, we drafted nothing but 1st round busts and had a bottom 3 defense. 

9 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

But that also proves the Raiders incompetence though, that they let someone like Carr start for sooooo many years. No chance Carr is a starter for 8-9 years on any of the other 31 teams. Zero chance. The Raiders are just incompetent. 

We seen QB wins superbowls not get more chances than Carr lol 

On 7/24/2024 at 10:49 AM, Tank4Drake said:

Let’s breakdown Carr’s career and see where it would have made sense to move on from him:

2014: rookie year. 2nd round pick. Showed some positive signs despite the lack of talent and the head coaching debacle (Allen and Sporano RIP). Keeping him was obvious here.

2015: new regime and looks to be an up-and-coming QB. Gotta keep him.

2016: things are looking up. Leads the team to the playoffs and made some gutsy plays that sadly went away after he broke his fibula late in the season. That day still hurts man. Who knows if we would have done some damage in the playoffs that year. No brainer decision to stick with him.

2017: Things go south with the team. Carr fractures a vertebra (I was at that game in Denver) and the season went off the rails. Ok, here is where you can somewhat consider moving on. He’s still young here and the year before he was awesome. Probably not trading him at this point especially after handing him a well-deserved extension.

2018: First year in Gruden’s system. Season got tanked from the beginning when Gruden traded away Mack and then shipped Cooper out of town in October. He had no help and honestly, he didn’t play that well either. Trade value took a nose dive so idk if trading him here made sense. He’s still young here, I probably would have stuck with him again if I was in Gruden’s shoes.

2019: Carr made some strides under Gruden but underwhelmed towards the end. I think here you can make the argument to move on from him. Gruden was in charge and I doubt he would want to start over with a young QB. Can understand sticking with him considering he made progress. However, this is where we should have looked to trade him IMO.

2020: Seemed like a copy and paste type of season. I think here, he should have been gone for sure, but hindsight is 20/20.

2021: Has an uptick in passing yards due to his connection with Ruggs, but as we all know that season went haywire, and despite the team rallying, Carr played like crap down the stretch. He made the playoffs so it was probably a tough sell for McDaniels to move on from. Again, should have been gone in my opinion.

2022: Utter disaster. Carr continued his regression and the new regime fumbled his exit by having to resort to releasing him outright.

Tl;dr

The perfect time to trade Carr was after 2019. Improved his value from the year before and the team had 2 first round picks (likely another 1st rounder in a Carr trade) to work with to find a QB.

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions my dudes.

Edited by Justwinning
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Let’s breakdown Carr’s career and see where it would have made sense to move on from him:

2014: rookie year. 2nd round pick. Showed some positive signs despite the lack of talent and the head coaching debacle (Allen and Sporano RIP). Keeping him was obvious here.

2015: new regime and looks to be an up-and-coming QB. Gotta keep him.

2016: things are looking up. Leads the team to the playoffs and made some gutsy plays that sadly went away after he broke his fibula late in the season. That day still hurts man. Who knows if we would have done some damage in the playoffs that year. No brainer decision to stick with him.

2017: Things go south with the team. Carr fractures a vertebra (I was at that game in Denver) and the season went off the rails. Ok, here is where you can somewhat consider moving on. He’s still young here and the year before he was awesome. Probably not trading him at this point especially after handing him a well-deserved extension.

2018: First year in Gruden’s system. Season got tanked from the beginning when Gruden traded away Mack and then shipped Cooper out of town in October. He had no help and honestly, he didn’t play that well either. Trade value took a nose dive so idk if trading him here made sense. He’s still young here, I probably would have stuck with him again if I was in Gruden’s shoes.

2019: Carr made some strides under Gruden but underwhelmed towards the end. I think here you can make the argument to move on from him. Gruden was in charge and I doubt he would want to start over with a young QB. Can understand sticking with him considering he made progress. However, this is where we should have looked to trade him IMO.

2020: Seemed like a copy and paste type of season. I think here, he should have been gone for sure, but hindsight is 20/20.

2021: Has an uptick in passing yards due to his connection with Ruggs, but as we all know that season went haywire, and despite the team rallying, Carr played like crap down the stretch. He made the playoffs so it was probably a tough sell for McDaniels to move on from. Again, should have been gone in my opinion.

2022: Utter disaster. Carr continued his regression and the new regime fumbled his exit by having to resort to releasing him outright.

Tl;dr

The perfect time to trade Carr was after 2019. Improved his value from the year before and the team had 2 first round picks (likely another 1st rounder in a Carr trade) to work with to find a QB.

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions my dudes.

Anytime between 2017-2021 he should have been moved. He was still in his 20s and could have convinced a team to give up valuable assets. I forgot the year but Gruden claimed to have Two 1st round picks offers. Gruden is a liar so who knows. More than likely Gruden would of blown the picks anyway

If I’m in charge, after 2017. It showed every possible flaw Carr had and that 2016 was a mirage that had 2 Top 10 WR’s, #1 Pass Protection of any team that entire decade, and a solid OC. 2017 showed all of Carr’s flaws such as absolutely ABYMAL pocket presence and pocket awareness which was his #1 red flag in college and why he fell to the second round, that he plays timid and frightened, that he doesn’t extend plays, and he doesn’t make things happen. And if WR’s don’t have enough separation, he really doesn’t like bulleting it in there. We also saw he is the most timid and nervous QB in the redzone in the entire league. When the field condenses, he panics. 

2017 was all I needed to see. Yet people develop loyalties to their QB and sub-consciously they make every excuse in the book for him, OC, WRs, OL. Sometimes, many things can be true at once, including all of Carr’s flaws. 

However, I’m a little aggressive as General Manager. So I didn’t expect the Raiders to dump Carr after 2017. I expected a Normal Team would have dumped Carr after 2018 or after 2019. 

None of the other 31 teams would have kept him as long as they did. Absolutely zero question about that. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1

Also you always get the dudes on this forum saying “plays scared and frightened? Omg he played with this injury and that injury!!! You’re just a hater!” He’s ****in paid to play. I’m talking about once that ball is snapped, he’s a super high anxiety QB who overthinks literally everything. It takes a LEGENDARY cast such as an All-Time Great Pass Protection and Two Top 10 WR’s for him to even remotely overcome his own anxiety. 

Also I don’t wanna hear the injury changed him. He had the same exact flaws in college, read any damn scouting report. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 2

On 7/26/2024 at 5:14 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

If I could block any and all posts with the word "Carr" in them, I gladly would.

It's not that big of a deal any more.  It's like anything else that we can play revisionist history with.

If we had drafted megatron instead of JR for example.  So many "what if?" moments.

On 7/26/2024 at 2:14 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

If I could block any and all posts with the word "Carr" in them, I gladly would.

You'd be missing out on 60% of the posts in this forum.  But yeah, I'd probably do the same at this point.