Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

Just now, Jameson_Neat said:

I just don't get the reasoning behind why guys like Shanny play clock situations the way they do.

They have the ball on the 14, Reid gifts you a clock stoppage. Time is not a factor for them, but it will be for you in a few more plays. Why are you not calling TO after every play with a running clock? 

Don't get me started. McVay did the same thing against Detroit where he just gave up the final possession in the half. What are these guys doing? 

A single possession can be the difference between winning and losing. You have to use all of them and steal them when you can 

Just now, ET80 said:

Counterpoint - one was to the GOAT, the other two were to the heir to the GOAT.

Brady and Mahomes sort of have a rep of beating everyone, especially when they're down. That's why they have 10 rings between the two (or is it 11, I forget...)

Counterpoint. One has 2 rings because he played against Kyle Shanahan and the other is Tom

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It wasn't the wrong decision to kick the FG, but was anybody who was rooting for the Niners hoping they went for it?

It’s not the wrong decision if Baker Mayfield is on the other sideline. It is when it’s Pat Mahomes. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

It wasn't the wrong decision to kick the FG, but was anybody who was rooting for the Niners hoping they went for it?

I have less issue with the kick there than I do the 3rd down play call? I think he had already made the decision to kick it if they didn't get the first and that is why they threw it. 

I think it makes more sense to run it there and see where you stand on 4th down if you don't pick it up? I mean, 4th and 1 or 4th and 2, I'm probably going there but I get why you're kicking on 4th and 5. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I feel like that was SF’s best shot. Super Bowl hangover next year followed by having to pay Brock. I’m thinking Rams, Lions, or GB next year in the NFC.

100% their best shot. Even throwing out that they have to pay brock in 2 years, the team is old. Two years is a long time away for this roster, tbh. 

They were actually relatively healthy this year too if you really think about it. 

Getting to this spot is hard if you're not Mahomes / Brady. I mean, look at how close they were to not even making it this year.