Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Does spags have a Hof case? If he wins this, it'll be like his 4th ring as a coordinator... I'm reasonably sure that there aren't a ton of guys in the hall due to just their coordinator performance, but I figure at some point there are some who have to get consideration?

No. He isn't the best coordinator ever and there are no coaches in there for being a great coordinator. I'd be fine if we started electing excellent coordinators, but I wouldn't start with Spags

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I swear Pacheco was just answering with the same old "it takes all of us, we all we got we all we need, gotta live and die for your teammates and leave it all on the field" regardless of the question. 

Marlon Humphrey said Pacheco is like a NPC. 😂

Edited by Chiefer

18 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Chiefs/49ers fans: how nervous are you going into this one?

I feel like if I were a Chiefs fan, this is just pure icing on the cake after a poor regular season showing, to go on this run and appear in a 4th Super Bowl in 5 years is awesome but there isn't any pressure on them at all.

I feel like if I were a 49ers fan, I'd be super nervous.  You're back for the first time in 4 years and haven't won a ring since 1994-1995 season.  You're closing in on the end of your "window" for a lot of your guys and about to have to hand over a buttload of money to Brock Purdy at the end of next season.  You feel like they have 2 years left on this window and then it gets dicey, with guys like Trent Williams and George Kittle getting up there in age, and guys like Deebo Warner and CMC peeking and likely to start heading down hill (just speculation).  Then you have the problem every team has with retaining your best players with the salary cap in effect.  You just get the sense that it may be now or never for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

like a 5 out of 100? Season is over win or lose. Thought the successful season threshold was the super bowl. I could say that I thought they were the best team in the NFC, not so much the NFL. So it's a successful season to me. Its hard to win super bowls.

At this point of the game build up, there's nothing to be nervous about. Its a typical game. Both teams have strengths / weaknesses and its about who is going to execute better, which could be either team. I'm not goign to drive myself nuts going over that over and over. The build up in the Green Bay game was far worse because the rain was going to be a known factor, and that made me very nervous. 

During the game in the game day thread, I'll be the same  old same old. Super bowl, week 5. Doesn't matter when it comes to your feelings during a game and what you let out in the GDT  

• Like 3

Re: fans booing the Chiefs guys last night I’m not sure why ppl automatically assume this means 49ers fans are dominating attendance.  

The OAK-SF rivalry pretty much died a while ago.    LV fans are going to boo a division rival a lot harder.   I wouldn’t expect much different if it was DEN or LAC there (except we’d be in a bizarre universe at this stage of each org’s life cycle lol).   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

I just saw the betting line, I'm not sure why the 9ers are (small) favorites.

I think the Chiefs are extremely talented at everywhere outside of receiver. But Mahomes masks that and having an all time great at QB should be a huge advantage.

My hope is that if the 49ers win, Steven Ruiz is willing to own up to what he said by doing something relatively embarrassing or something. I don't expect him to stop covering the NFL, but he should do something as a way to have some fun with what he said. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

My hope is that if the 49ers win, Steven Ruiz is willing to own up to what he said by doing something relatively embarrassing or something. I don't expect him to stop covering the NFL, but he should do something as a way to have some fun with what he said. 

Bungee jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge seems reasonable 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I just saw the betting line, I'm not sure why the 9ers are (small) favorites.

I think the Chiefs are extremely talented at everywhere outside of receiver. But Mahomes masks that and having an all time great at QB should be a huge advantage.

Frankly, the 49ers were much better all year. 

The chiefs have been clearly better the last two weeks. 

Not sure which you should weigh more heavily. The chiefs may be entering that part of their dynasty where the regular season doesn't mean that much because it's just going through the motions for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Nervous as always but I feel good about this team. They are not as consistent as the teams of the past but they have a very high peak and can turn it on like no other team in the Shanny era.

It's likely to be a one score game because the Chiefs have a very good defense and Mahomes at QB, but we have the better overall talent. Just need to commit to the run from start to finish and will need Purdy to use his legs when the opportunity presents itself. 

1 hour ago, MaddHatter said:

I feel like if I were a Chiefs fan, this is just pure icing on the cake after a poor regular season showing, to go on this run and appear in a 4th Super Bowl in 5 years is awesome but there isn't any pressure on them at all.

I feel like if I were a 49ers fan, I'd be super nervous.  You're back for the first time in 4 years and haven't won a ring since 1994-1995 season.  You're closing in on the end of your "window" for a lot of your guys and about to have to hand over a buttload of money to Brock Purdy at the end of next season.  You feel like they have 2 years left on this window and then it gets dicey, with guys like Trent Williams and George Kittle getting up there in age, and guys like Deebo Warner and CMC peeking and likely to start heading down hill (just speculation).  Then you have the problem every team has with retaining your best players with the salary cap in effect.  You just get the sense that it may be now or never for them.

Definitely a two year window for this core. The future will be determined with how good Purdy will become and then hitting on draft picks in the next few years. The team needs to end up having at least three long-term starters from the upcoming draft.

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Frankly, the 49ers were much better all year. 

The chiefs have been clearly better the last two weeks. 

Not sure which you should weigh more heavily. The chiefs may be entering that part of their dynasty where the regular season doesn't mean that much because it's just going through the motions for them. 

This is exactly how I perceive it - they may not have that "lockdown" focus and let some games slip away during the regular season, but by Week 10 they'll figure it out and by the time the playoffs come around, they're dialed in and ready to go.  That'll work for a while, especially with Mahomes, but if you rely on late season heroics to make the playoffs too many times, it'll start to come back to bite you

• Like 2

Pretty much spot on.

I'm not sure why the window would be closing if Kyle and Purdy are both there, even if Purdy gets paid.

I've been told Kyle has made every quarterback's career from Prime Schaub to Prime Ryan and that Jimmy G sucks, yet Kyle's system carried a CMC-less version of this team to the SB. 

If we assume those are all true, Purdy shouldn't need the weapons that he has today, because as long as he is Jimmy G quality, he should be able to succeed with lesser weapons, right? Especially if he gets 2 more years to grow?