What do you do if you're the Chicago Bears?

DigInBoys

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

NahSlovis sounds more like a VIking name so he's set for MIN at 1.11 and Bears are set at TE. It's going to be really cool to see that then Hartman be taken at 1.23. Then we get to see who is really the true heir to Dobbs.

The one draft actually had us taking 2 QBs early because our GM has a finance background and would be "diversifying his portfolio" lol

If we did that, KAM can go diversity his portfolio as a burger flipper at McDonald's for all I care!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

The one draft actually had us taking 2 QBs early because our GM has a finance background and would be "diversifying his portfolio" lol

If we did that, KAM can go diversity his portfolio as a burger flipper at McDonald's for all I care!

Thats such a stupid take. Lol. More like dude is too chicken **** to make a choice and has to compensate with another top resource.

If anything has been proven by the McCaskeys and Ted Phillips, its that finance people should stick to finance and football people should make football choices. The finance people ruined the Bears when they forced out Tobin and Vainisi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Thats such a stupid take. Lol. More like dude is too chicken **** to make a choice and has to compensate with another top resource.

If anything has been proven by the McCaskeys and Ted Phillips, its that finance people should stick to finance and football people should make football choices. The finance people ruined the Bears when they forced out Tobin and Vainisi.

I get that this is a Sam Monson quote as it’s from his draft. After hearing it live, I’m pretty sure it’s just Sam trolling by taking concepts to the extreme.

Regardless, I’m very weary about Kwesi’s tenure. A lot rides on this draft. If he indeed makes an obvious “finance bro” move that’s plainly a bad football move… I’ll be disappointed but not susrprised.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2024 at 12:31 PM, brownie man said:

He’s not going to be 

Hes going to be one of the top QBs in the league for the next 15 years if he stays healthy. 

If I’m Chicago I’m going receiver if one of the top 4 is still there. 

If not I’m going tackle. 

You can get a pass rusher next year or later in the draft.  Do everything you can to surround Caleb with more than enough talent so he can develop properly. 

If you get him right it’ll all fall into place. Free agents sign for less, players are more willing to be traded to your team when you’ve got a franchise QB. Just get him right and everything around him and watch unforeseen opportunities open up Chicago. 

Congrats Chicago

You guys finally doing the right thing