Packers Wide Receivers.

GHARMON9

Who is the best current Packers WR?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best current Packers WR?

• Christian Watson
    • Romeo Doubs
    • Jayden Reed
    • Dontayvion Wicks
    • Bo Melton

22 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Point being though that Watson with his elite speed had the same yards per catch his rookie season as Wicks did and Wicks runs a 4.62. Watson only beat Wicks by 0.2 yards per catch this year. Wicks is far more impressive IMO

Wicks was oh so impressive to me.  Loved him from day one at camp.  Super impressive WR with how he can run routes, YAC and all of that stuff.

Watson, though, is just in a different league, athletically.  He's bigger and much faster.  He reminds me of one of my favorite jokes.  Couple scientists are fishermen and they decide to create the perfect fish.  It needs to be beautiful. It needs to be great to eat.  It needs to fight really good.  So, they got DNA from a coho salmon, walleye and musky, then created their own fish.  Called it a Kowalski.  Now if only they can teach it how to swim.

That's what I feel about Watson.  He has it all, now he needs better/stronger hands to complete the catch.  Because with his size, speed and acceleration, he's just a far superior athlete than Wicks is.

But Wicks clearly got more out of his physical gifts this past year than Watson did.  Also?  He played more and no one was putting their CB1 or even CB2 on Wicks.  Nor will they next year.  In this offense, and with these guys around him, Wicks should eat.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

If you listen to the end of year grading by Andy Herman (Cheesehead TV), he grades Doubs pretty highly, partly for all the things he does when the ball doesn't come his way.

Can't disagree.  Only that they all do that.

It's a collective thing.

And it is odd.  We don't seem to have a "me first" WR.  And it is glorious.

• Like 2

Watson, Reed, Wicks, Doubs.  They are all really good.  Doubs is underrated tho.  Dude gets open and has real good hands.  Like him alot.  Packers had Reed at 4.37.  He's a bit faster than that 4.45 clocked time.  Heath I really like him.  He has a role.  Tough player and good blocker.  Takes over that Lazard role.  Melton man he's just fast.  Our Watson insurance.  Really like this group.  Gute really nailed it.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

I would bet watson is this guy if he ever played

Based on what?

Because, I feel the same way.  Only because Watson is just that more physically gifted than any of the other WR's on the roster.  

But the kid had a solid family who appears to have brought him up well.  Even when he's hurt, he's on the sidelines cheering on his teammates.  Interviews are always good and, dare I say, "normal'.

So even though I feel like Watson would be the guy if I had to pick one, I don't think he will ever be a "me first" WR.

Doubs is the guy who looks like he pouts on the sidelines sometimes, but I think that is more of his personality.  Like he isn't overly outgoing.  He's matter of fact and it wouldn't surprise me if he is more introverted than the others.

But in the end, we have a great WR room.  I hope that they all continue to push each other and that Wicks/Reed do not have that sophomore slump.

And here's something to ponder......

Anyone feel like we have a wide receiver who is in the top 3 in our division?  (I do not.  Jefferson, Moore, Amon-Ra)

But, is there a WR corp you'd trade ours for tomorrow?

How about tight end?  I know we don't have one in the top 2 in our division.  

I'm not sure I'd trade our TE corp for anyone else's in the division, either.

It's the sum of these parts.  Giving me serious 2009-2010 vibes.  Draft the o-line, draft defense, draft a RB or two.  Spend FA dollars on defense and LETS ROLL!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Anyone feel like we have a wide receiver who is in the top 3 in our division?  (I do not.  Jefferson, Moore, Amon-Ra)

It's the sum of these parts.  Giving me serious 2009-2010 vibes.  Draft the o-line, draft defense, draft a RB or two.  Spend FA dollars on defense and LETS ROLL!

The answer to all three of your questions is NO! 

The difference between the 2024 team and the 2009-2010 is the two headed monster we have a TE. It was Finley and Quarless at the beginning of 2009 until he hurt his neck, then it as Quarless and some other joker. 

Assuming we have Aaron Jones back, our RBs are going to be light years better. I think Starkes was the bell cow in the playoffs during the Super Bowl run. 

Edited by Old Guy

30 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The answer to all three of your questions is NO! 

The difference between the 2024 team and the 2009-2010 is the two headed monster we have a TE. It was Finley and Quarless at the beginning of 2009 until he hurt his neck, then it as Quarless and some other joker. 

Assuming we have Aaron Jones back, our RBs are going to be light years better. I think Starkes was the bell cow in the playoffs during the Super Bowl run. 

Starks was.  And he did just enough to keep defenses honest.  Nothing more.  Jones is clearly better and Saquon is going to ball out for us next year!

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Next year when Christian Watson just misses 1 million yards in a season by 7, you guys all have to beg for his forgiveness.  

They will all forget their Watson silliness and have someone new who is hurting their feelings next season.  

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

what about the houston texans?  I would possibly trade our WR group for tank dell/nico collins.  Maybe not as much depth, but I think those players in our system would be easy to fill in the gaps there.  I'm sure they have some other players too, like robert woods is not a total 0, and I think they have another guy noah brown who is at least their Doubs.

TE I think the obvious answer is Baltimore.  Mark Anderson and Isaiah Likely are two of the top 10 TEs in the league.

3 hours ago, R T said:

They will all forget their Watson silliness and have someone new who is hurting their feelings next season.  

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I don't know if that ship sailed.

But if it did set sail with Watson on it, Carlson was aboard as well.