Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

23 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Typical Bears Tax 

Who would you argue should be graded higher when you look at the entire landscape of the NFL? I would definitely say Sweat. Maybe a slight boost to Moore but besides that I wouldn't call this a Bears Tax.

6 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Who would you argue should be graded higher when you look at the entire landscape of the NFL? I would definitely say Sweat. Maybe a slight boost to Moore but besides that I wouldn't call this a Bears Tax.

If Jaire Alexander is a 93, Johnson should be a 94. In reality, Alexander should be an 88-89 and Johnson should be 91-92

Otherwise I agree

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If Jaire Alexander is a 93, Johnson should be a 94. In reality, Alexander should be an 88-89 and Johnson should be 91-92

Otherwise I agree

Missed JJ. I agree with you there.

9 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Allen is good but Moore is just a flat out better player at this stage of their careers...no way he shouldn't be in the 90s...having Sweat & Johnson so low is just flat out nonsense.

Jaire was one of top 2 or 3 CBs in league for a year or two.

But he hasn't been that for a bit due to injuries or whatever.  

JJ had a great season last year.  

I think Sweat is going to have his break out year this year. 

21 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Typical Bears Tax 

I won’t get up in arms about this because it’s been a minute since the ratings have been even close and you only get favorable ratings if you’re the cowboys lol. Moore, Johnson, and Sweat are criminal though lol. 

same players, I’d rate:

Sweat 94

Jaylon 93

Moore 93

Allen 89

Byard 82

Swift 81

Edwards 87

Edmunds 83

Kmet 85

Brisker 79

15 hours ago, CBears019 said:

If the bears won 3 more games last year all those guys listed would probably be 3-4 points higher.  It’s never a true reflection of their individual abilities.  Popularity plays a huge role in it.

I remember same thing happening going all the way back to HS.  A school had 4 or 5 great players that truly deserved all conference recognition, but overall team didn’t do well due primarily to coaching and not having a good program.

Argument always is how can you have 4 or 5 guys on all conference list when your team wasn’t that good?  

And they aren’t necessarily wrong.  But if there was a player draft I can tell you those 5 guys wouldn’t go after many guys on all conference list.  

On 8/2/2024 at 12:10 PM, Madmike90 said:

Allen is good but Moore is just a flat out better player at this stage of their careers...no way he shouldn't be in the 90s...having Sweat & Johnson so low is just flat out nonsense.

The NFL top 100 omissions of JJ and Moore are more egregious to me. Madden ratings have always been dumb, but there were twenty WRs in the top 100, and Moore wasn’t in there? Coming off a 96-catch, 1300+ yard season? Gimme a break. JJ was 2nd team all pro and not a top 100 player overall? GTFOH.

(None of this stuff really matters, and just exists for people to talk about it, but still…)

• Like 1