Kyle Shanahan

notthatbluestuff

Just now, Football_Bachelor08 said:
6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Nobody gives Malone a pass because he's generally an unlikeable person. Nobody speaks favorably of that Utah team because it was easy to hate Malone and Stockton. 

Other people from that era - Barkley, Ewing, Reggie Miller - don't get flack for not winning mostly because they had the MJ era in front of them.

They may not get as much flak as Malone, but they're not exactly given a whole lot of excuses either. Nobody has Barkley or Ewing as Top 10 players all time.

But top 10 players of all time is subjective to eras played - you can't have them because you'd have to remove guys such as Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul Jabaar, Kobe Bryant - players with accomplishments that didn't play in that era.  

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

The fact is Kyle shouldn’t have let it get to so many 4th downs. Those 2nd and 3rd down play calls before the 4th’s were mid at best. 

Outside of giving up the possession at the end of the first half, this is probably what I'll criticize the most as well. Lot of debatable 2nd / 3rd down sequencing imo 

5 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

So did anyone running into Michael Jordan's, Wayne Gretzky's, and Babe Ruth's teams. Nobody gives their opponents a pass for failure.

This is just an excuse. When you win, you're GOAT material. If you don't, you're just another good player/coach.

Is anyone trying to put him in the GOAT conversation? I mean, he's just a good coach. That's fine. Nobody is preparing a bust for him in the HOF or anything. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

The NFC Championship is not the Super Bowl. That's like bragging about winning the Silver Medal.

Ok, at this point I don't know what you're arguing anymore. 

This was your original point:

19 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

They don't give out participation trophies in the NFL.

The 49ers in fact did get a trophy for getting as far as they did. 

• Like 2

Just now, DoleINGout said:

How does he not run the ball with Christian McCaffery in his prime while the Chiefs bleed yardage against the run every time? Idiotic choices AGAIN by Kyle.

Run-first teams not running the ball against KC this year in the playoffs and losing. Name a more iconic duo.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

How does he not run the ball with Christian McCaffery in his prime while the Chiefs bleed yardage against the run every time? Idiotic choices AGAIN by Kyle.

22 for 80 is what CMC had.  KC was pretty stout vs the run.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Maybe Shanahan should've gone for 4th down more.

No I'm not salty that Campbell got clowned on for his aggression.

Dan Campbell did that and got roasted for it people just want to base if a decision is good or bad on results. 

• Like 2

It is really hard to win a SB. You just gotta try to put yourself in the best position possible as often as possible and hope the cards fall into place. This is far from a kiss of death for Kyle, but getting back to the next will be even harder as we all know. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

That he is a choke artist/unable to win the big game/coaches scared/regular season stat-padder. I don't think its true, but the "shouty-shows" (as PFF calls them) will.

So saying he is unable to win the big game is a “narrative”? 

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

22 for 80 is what CMC had.  KC was pretty stout vs the run.

I disagree. The play calling/run usage was terrible in the second half. Completely abandoned the run in the third and most of the fourth until overtime.

Edited by DoleINGout
  • Like 1

Just now, General Tso said:

You guys realize KC plays like 10 in the box right?

He hasn’t learned how to beat it that’s on him. He’s had his due diligence on the subject. He has tons of experience. It’s like he never learns! The man is literally insane. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Outside of giving up the possession at the end of the first half, this is probably what I'll criticize the most as well. Lot of debatable 2nd / 3rd down sequencing imo 

It was like a casual madden game with no prepping type of sequencing. 

2 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

So saying he is unable to win the big game is a “narrative”? 

It's lacking context. Not many leads are safe when Brady or Mahomes are on the other sidelines. 

• Like 1